• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Bard Mastery

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a quick one, I understand you need real skill to get the full benefit of the skill but do you also need real skill to take on the quest?

Thanks

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
90 real skill is what you need.

someone had said something about ringing up, but i went and tried to get do that and couldn't get the quest.

5% Luck

I soulstoned discord on a new bard and planed on doing the quest while training up the music from bought skill. The quest even requires real music skill as well.

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a pain in the ass. Thought it might be easier to train the skill using the spells than actually discoing stuff.

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No fake masters allowed!
Do you know the worse thing. I had 120 Disco until recently. Got it before any of the spells came out. Guess what I did? Pointed the skill down. Went to click a Soulstone to stone it off. Got distracted. Came back, pointed the skill I wanted to Stone on up. Put it on.

"Your skill in discordance has decreased 120.0" or whatever it is.

Then I cried a bit.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No fake masters allowed!

I totally and wholeheartedly agree !!

The need for real skill for Bard Masteries was one of the design changes that found me in total agreement. Good job.

I wished there were more skills in the game were having the real skill meant something for real rather than having to rely always on items and their modifiers........

It seems so fake to me, getting bonuses from items and modifiers that is..... I much prefer real skill as the real thing that makes a difference...........

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I totally and wholeheartedly agree !!

The need for real skill for Bard Masteries was one of the design changes that found me in total agreement. Good job.

I wished there were more skills in the game were having the real skill meant something for real rather than having to rely always on items and their modifiers........

It seems so fake to me, getting bonuses from items and modifiers that is..... I much prefer real skill as the real thing that makes a difference...........

I agree with you guys.. I've been working my provo/mage a long time.
The only concession I've made is a good suit a resist armour.. I don't even use LRC.
(Ever run outa reagents in Blood? You'll know if your adrenal gland works.)

Doing it the "old" way I've gotten my Music up to 95.9 and Provo to 90.6
The quest skills are cool but seem to be focused on group play more than solo.
Drag for me cause I mostly solo.. and they are also a big mana sink. (another drag for Mage/Bards)

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can see needing to have 90 real skill in Disco, Peace, and Provoke for the mastery quests. The ALSO needing 90 real in musicianship skill I don't agree with. I went to change my mastery having 120 Disco, Peace and Provoke with 110 Musicianship but only 85 real skill and it was no go. Seemed silly. :/