• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bard Masteries ...

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kind of a let down.

I like them don't get me wrong. Very neat idea and helpful.

But what is the idea of only being able to use one set at a time? Im 120 all bard skills. Why can't you use a bit of each?

Like resilience stacked with invigorate for example. While using despair and tribulation for killing.

I mean a pure bard gets what six Masteries? But you can only is two at a time. I personally find that a let down.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can blame all that on the designer. Though while you can only have 1 set active at a time, the other skills do contribute to the effectiveness of whatever set is active at the time. Could probably be reworked to tie the abilities in to each skill and then apply bonus from other skills only to the selected mastery. That way you'd get all abilities but the current mastery path would be the only one that gets bonuses from the other skills.
At the same time they are also supposed to be complimentary within the set, but stacking 2 different paths should really require 2 bards. So one bard isn't suddenly able to do something like stacking resilience and invigorate which would create a situation where 1 bard would make anyone almost unkillable.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can see certain mixes would be possibly over powered. But that could be coded.

Just resilience on a uber pvp gen/stat suit is pretty overwhelming already :)

But being able to use discord damage stuff while using provo or peace buffs does make since at least to me.

Again hats off.to the dev team.. For the idea...just think it could be tweeked a bit.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Each has their strength but they would have to be re-balanced to have the ones from multiple skills working together under a single bard.
Key being the single bard.
The abilities when used by a solo bard, are good enough to be useful and also make a bard more powerful with them than without them. (Also without impacting how bards always worked pre-mastery). The abilities are in the spirit of bards being more powerful in the group play mechanic with some benefits to their solo capabilities.
They make them selves a little better, they make everyone else quite a bit better, and they make the group extremely powerful.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For sure. I agree. :) was just a let down. Just think it could be reworked a bit of course in the future... Totally on the.bottom list of things to do with everything else going on. :)