• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

bard for doom template

G

hello, i am thinking of returning to uo after a 3 year absance. I used to have a bard with gm or better prov/peace/discord/music, and was thinking of making him into a doom bard on my return. Any suggestions for a template?

also, are there any new items which you could recomend to help build a suit which will put me at 120 in these skills?

thank you.

T

Trukx

The way doom is now I dont think peace is required any more. If you are just returning, they changed doom a bit--your real goal now is to be in the top damage dealers to get 'points' for an arty. The traditional role of a bard in old doom to kind of keep the peace and police the spawn back onto DF has changed a degree, although some still play it. A provo/disco bard mage is a pretty good combo down there, with a stress on the magery part for direct damage. My bard looks like this:

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Magery
120 Eval
and either 120 weaving/120 provo/120 med or 120 SS (generally i run SS and weaving now)

I run in wraith form and only worry about attacking the DF's. 12 MR on my suit.

As for ways to get to 120 after you get the scrolls.....good jewels free up cap space for additional skills. Other items are a talisman, mark of travesty that gives +10 to 2 music skills. Probably more but i cant think of any.