• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Barbed Kits - Bugged?

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been burning a few barbed kits of late and feel as if i've been shortchanged.

Here is one of my barbed peices produced tonight:

Barbed Leather Gorget
Exceptional
luck 82
Durability 38

Thats it.... 1 mod on there?

Surely that can't be right.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been burning a few barbed kits of late and feel as if i've been shortchanged.

Barbed Leather Gorget
Exceptional
luck 82
Durability 38

Actually you have 5 mods on there. 4 of your resists were bumped, that counts as 1 mod for each resist, plus the luck = 5 mods.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really ? :sad4:

Didn't realise it worked that way? How is it you see peices with insane resists and various other mods in that case, for example, a +70 resist gorget with MR2 LRC, and stat boosts? Does that mean they got around 7 or 8 mods?

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
really good question. I have seen those too, and I suppose we would need to know the Resist bump range for Barbed runics. But considering you can only craft 50 resist Barbed leather pieces, using Arms Lore, that is not a bad piece at all. 86 resist is nothing to sneeze at. :)

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, the resists are pretty crazy, but shame about the luck mod. If only it had been something usefull...

After getting that I did get quite a nice 75 resist with 8lmc and stam regen 3, one of the resists being 24 fire, which is exactly what I needed.

Thank god, after burning a total of 5 barbed runics i was starting to lose the will to live :p

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirmed that each boosted resist uses one of the 5 possible mods. Something like 22/23/15/20/20 is quite possible and uses all 5 mods. Usually, any resist over around 12 has used one of your mods.

The pieces you mention as violating this 5-mod rule are probably easily explained. There are not too many hacked pieces out there that have more than the 5 mods possible via standard crafting or loot drop. For the most part, more than 5-mod items are recipes or using the wood bonuses (woodland).

G

Gwendar-SP

Barbed Leather Gorget
Exceptional
luck 82
Durability 38

luck is a mod, i think you hit a bump in physical, fire, poison and energy

It looks like you can get an over all resist bump and/or a bump in catagories.

really good question. I have seen those too, and I suppose we would need to know the Resist bump range for Barbed runics. But considering you can only craft 50 resist Barbed leather pieces, using Arms Lore, that is not a bad piece at all. 86 resist is nothing to sneeze at. :)
On Siege you get 50, on other shards you get 47. Really on both you get less because the Exceptional bonus is 6 instead of 15 so the non-bumpped resist on an exceptional item using a runic kit is 38 on most shards

H

Hanna

Also remember that runic don't get the gm exceptional resist boost. So an 86 resist gorget and 1 extra property is quite high.