• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Banned? You MUST be guilty! (or not?)

L

Locker

With such poor, inconsistent or non-existent support for this game I think it's strange that folks assume someone is automatically guilty of anything. The GM actions in this game (from a new player standpoint) seem completely random and arbitrary with the person involved having no opportunity to effect the outcome.

Additionally I see a lot of comments like "any regular player KNOWS X is bad or Y is wrong" well that is patently false. Just reading these boards for a few weeks I find there are things I could be banned/suspended for without ever having a clue I did something wrong

Banned for buying an item that was duped? How could I possibly know that it was even possible to dupe let alone that there was a thriving market.

Saying a URL in game? **** I have gotten so much help from stratics, uoguide and finduo that I tell every single newbie I meet about them.

AFK scripting is bad? Not for nothing some of these skills take forever to raise and unfortunately I am unable to spend hundreds of hours playing this game for the sole purpose of raising skills to even be competitive.

Having some GM poof in and nuke me for any of these issues would have resulted in an immediately account cancellation. Seriously who would want to deal with something like this when I am suppose to be the customer and they are suppose to be the service provider. Seems very unhealthy for an active player community... maybe it's intentional?

From all the complaining I see on these boards it's obvious that for some reason the majority of actual bad behavior (duping, hacking, fraud) is completely un-addressed on any consistent basis. Whether a lack in technology, tracking or actual human monitoring it seems ridiculous to put energy into suspending/banning clueless people for minor infractions when the house is burning around us.

Peace,

Locker

G

galefan2004

AFK scripting is bad? Not for nothing some of these skills take forever to raise and unfortunately I am unable to spend hundreds of hours playing this game for the sole purpose of raising skills to even be competitive.
Scripting wouldn't be rampant if the system wasn't flawed. There would be no need to script if you could level every skill easily through normal game play like you really should be able to do in a 10 year old game.

From all the complaining I see on these boards it's obvious that for some reason the majority of actual bad behavior (duping, hacking, fraud) is completely un-addressed on any consistent basis. Whether a lack in technology, tracking or actual human monitoring it seems ridiculous to put energy into suspending/banning clueless people for minor infractions when the house is burning around us.
I couldn't agree more.