• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Banking Points

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just back from a year's vacation from UO. Lots of changes, first with the T-maps, and now with crafting! my 2 most favorite things besides fishing!
Initially i was excited about the BOD changes. Completely threw my organization out the window but now I can see the points per deed and can focus on what I'm after, awesome!
Then I noticed the banking points. I misunderstood how they worked at first, thought they could be combined with live deeds, I'm sure I'm not the only one. Still not completely down on it, decided I could start banking all the junk bods... 0.05 per deed will add up in the long run! So I start dropping them..and notice, I'm not getting my meager coin share when banking points? Is this a bug or a feature? I'm guessing feature at this point and no mention of it anywhere that I was able to find.
Kinda bummed me out on the Bods too...I'm willing to accept a huge point loss to bank the points but gimme my gold!! I'm not one of the uber rich, I'm barely making ends meet!

Anyway, question is..is the lack of gold reward a bug or feature? and was there any explanation given as to why (pretty sure this is a feature but asking anyway...)

Thanks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IIRC, I think you get a gold value based on the reward, when you redeem banked points. Something like 3x the point value. Whereas you might get the original gold values (or a multiple of the points) if turning in the BOD for a direct reward/to get a new BOD.

I typically only bank points for stuff that has no useful low-end rewards, while filling and turning in to reset BOD availability. And mostly with smalls (which are 0.02 of the BOD full value), not the larges (which are 0.2 of the full value).

Have you tried the other 6 skills' BOD systems yet?

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IIRC, I think you get a gold value based on the reward, when you redeem banked points. Something like 3x the point value. Whereas you might get the original gold values (or a multiple of the points) if turning in the BOD for a direct reward/to get a new BOD.

I typically only bank points for stuff that has no useful low-end rewards, while filling and turning in to reset BOD availability. And mostly with smalls (which are 0.02 of the BOD full value), not the larges (which are 0.2 of the full value).

Have you tried the other 6 skills' BOD systems yet?
That's what I started doing, using anything less than a garg pick for banking, that's when I noticed the lack of cash reward. I haven't redeemed any of the few points I've stored to see the cash value. Guess that's something I dislike, but it is what it is!
I haven't tried the new BOD's yet. I do have a couple tinker ones and a couple cooking ones I grabbed that looked easy enough. I need to go check all the different rewards, see if there's anything useful that I'd need!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For cooking, the top end reward is an apron with a Cooking Exceptional Crafting bonus that stacks with Talisman bonuses, and are vital for filling future BODs. There's also a plum tree you can put in your house and harvest from (and the plums can be used in the fermentation barrels to make fruit wines).

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the one I was looking at when I started cooking. The PoT keg, or PoF? in tinkering. I went through a bunch of tinkering, in the little free time I had over the holiday and managed to store up 100 points. I did a couple cooking before that just to see what requests there were and point value.
I'm kinda sad they didn't revamp the large bods when adding all the new systems. I can't really see a good benefit of doing any of the large when the time involved in getting the needed bods is more just baking the fraction of points...And I understand it's meant to force us to interact and shop and that's fine unless you're on a low pop shard. And when you can't figure out how to use the VS to find bods! I'd xshard them from Atlantic if I could find actual bod vendors and not just bod storage vendors!
Anyway, I'm enjoying the newness of it still. So there's that!

Innoxicated

Journeyman
I never bothered with bods until the revamp, and mostly then for the dyes for a little $$ upon returning.

Its awesome being able to choose the rewards, but dont do bods enough to bank points. (100 banked over the break, lol that is rather amazing) So for me it's nice to be able to bribe up a bow craft small bod and get those ash kits with relative ease.

The alchemy large bod with cure/heal/refresh or the other 3 part large bods are easy, and actually fun to me... but a large Smith bod seems like something that would sit on the back burner for years with the time I get to play. Im pretty impressed by people who are able to fill those on a regular basis.

And note to those who do utilize a vendor for bod storage, please please exempt them from the vendor search... lol

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never bothered with bods until the revamp, and mostly then for the dyes for a little $$ upon returning.

Its awesome being able to choose the rewards, but dont do bods enough to bank points. (100 banked over the break, lol that is rather amazing) So for me it's nice to be able to bribe up a bow craft small bod and get those ash kits with relative ease.

The alchemy large bod with cure/heal/refresh or the other 3 part large bods are easy, and actually fun to me... but a large Smith bod seems like something that would sit on the back burner for years with the time I get to play. Im pretty impressed by people who are able to fill those on a regular basis.

And note to those who do utilize a vendor for bod storage, please please exempt them from the vendor search... lol
I totally agree with the large bods for smith and tailor. Been doing those for...well however long I've been playing! When crafting is in your blood it's just what you do, like those who pvp and farm spawns. I tried and failed miserably multiple times. But crafting!! And you are correct, I still have large BODs from 5+ years ago that I need 1 item to complete. They're not super bods, just what we did back before the revamp. And they're still sitting in my books waiting!!

I will say @Basara, I see what you mean about the need for that apron. I got my kegs in Tinkering so switched to cooking. I had 12 bods when I started. I turn down the large because...well I don't have the library and there's not a lot of bod's for sale on LS. Within 2 hours I was down to 1 bod that I was able to complete. Between super-ingredient requests and 20x of something that without a tali you can't make exceptional, and with you only have 4% chance...I'm saving in hopes that the apron will help with those, but that's kinda disappointing in the cooking field, that they finally found a use for all the recipes but they made them nearly impossible to make without helpers. Buuut I'll press on. Had to switch up a couple toons on different accounts to help get some extra bods since the 'impossible' ones are quite common.