• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bang Head Here [ ]

G

Stuck on taming at 65.4 and rarely will a white wolf/great hart agree to being tamed to get me to 68.1. I am sure the guide will tell me to keep at it, but that doesn't make it suck any less.

Anyone have suggestions?

L

Luna du Selene

My info says white wolves and polar bears. Sorry I can't be more helpful but my memory just doesn't go that far back
Hopefully someone else will chime in with better info for you. And yes, keep at it!

G

It is creeping up now...but for a few days there I got barely anything at all. Will keep plugging away...

Thanks!

G

I found the best way to gain is to use jewels to get up to 5% or so higher than is needed for ridgebacks, then go to the savage village (with paint on) and do them there. The gains might be technically slower, but since you have a continuous spawn of ridgebacks it goes faster overall. As your taming goes higher you can take off pieces of jewelery, always staying at about 5% higher then is needed to tame them (I forget the number just now).

G

I used jewels so I could jump around.I spent ALOT of time on arctic island,but when white wolves got old,I`d equip a ring and go do Gamans or equip a cple items and do some bakes.Actually bakes were fun,I`d tame one and raise vet till I got it killed.Rinse and repeat.

Equipping and unequipping gave me a broad array of things to tame so I never really got bored of any one animal.

L

Lilac Crypt

Check the tamer's forum for their hints. They're determined folks!

G

It is creeping up slowly going through polar bears where I am almost near bulls. Only I am sure it will be the same thing once I get to those. Oh well!

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm at the same level, upper 60's, but I'm not willing to put too much effort into it. After all, it'll take the rest of my life anyway. :p

Vepl

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not everyone will agree with this advice. I recommend taming creatures that you have a very high percent chance of success (but not 100%). Remember you only get a chance for a gain on successful tames. All the failures in the world "normally" don't help at all. My suggestion for you if you are still in the 60's is to tame sheep, hinds, eagles, timber wolves, boars, forest ostards and desert ostards.

I use THIS PAGE to find what I should tame.

Vepl

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I plan on riding the brown bear train absolutely as long as possible south of the Moonglow gate, because after that I really don't have any good ideas of where to find tons of prospective tameables until it's white wolf time.