• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Bane Property not working correctly

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Target : Baracoon
Weapon : Abhorrence Crossbow
Baracoon's hp : 12,000
30% of 12,000 is 3600 physical damage from bane
3600 phys dmg - 70% physical resist of Baracoon = 1080 damage
Bane property damage capped at 350 (quoted from a dev).

At Mid hp, I was doing 60 damage from bane on baracoon half dead, and near death I was doing 100 damage from bane. This is far from the 350 I should be doing

Last edited:

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Target : Baracoon
Weapon : Abhorrence Crossbow
30% of 12,000 is 3600 physical damage from bane
3600 phys dmg - 70% physical resist of Baracoon = 1080 damage
Bane property damage capped at 350 (quoted from a dev).

At Mid hp, I was doing 60 damage from bane on baracoon half dead, and near death I was doing 100 damage from bane. This is far from the 350 I should be doing
This proc is currently working as intended.
30% of 12,000 is 3600 physical damage from bane but is capped at 350 physical damage.
350 physical damage - 70% physical resist of Baracoon = 105 damage

At half health the proc in this case will start at 52 damage and will scale up to 105 damage as the mob loses life. I hope this clears up the math.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh I tought the final Bane damage was capped at 350, not the damage before calculating the physical resist. Can I ask you if damage from bane is affected by spell damage, or is it tied to mana leech effect for exemple ?