• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bane Help?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
After all this time, I have a Bane!
Now, I have no idea which way to go, magery (or magery mastery) or chiv?

Bane.PNG

Any suggestions are welcome. Hoping Don chimes in, but willing to hearing what anyone who has a bane thinks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IMO that one is too rare to do Magery on.

Nice one. Just 156 points short.

Fiddle with the numbers here:

Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

Post what you like at 0 points.

You can save the planner when done and copy the link here for your different builds.

Don has been having internet issues. If he pops on Ill tell him to PM you.

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening, That is a very nice bane you have... The thing to remember when it comes to banes is there is no real hurry.... I would spend the next week or so making copies to test and trying the varies builds out and seeing which one you like/ fits your play style.. You should diff test the Ai/ chiv build as this one would be perfect for it and see you like the feel.. just remember that with bane dragons in most cases you don't have to give them the +5-9 stam regen you would normally have to give other pets, as their passive keeps them at full swinging fury in most encounters(PvP is an exception to this).. also if you like I already have a few bane specs already made and 120ed out that I would gladly let you test drive on test... just let me know and I can meet you there.. Hope this helps mate.. message me or post here if you have any questions.Until then have a delightful evening... =^-^=

Last edited:

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Pawain for the planner ideas.

@Donavon I might consider your offer for the TC "test drive", as I really don't want to muck this pet up.

I do wonder how you feel about sticking with magery or going magery mastery. I am aware that I'm giving up a lot of dps but I'm curious just the same

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Pawain for the planner ideas.

@Donavon I might consider your offer for the TC "test drive", as I really don't want to muck this pet up.

I do wonder how you feel about sticking with magery or going magery mastery. I am aware that I'm giving up a lot of dps but I'm curious just the same
Is it on TC now? I think Copy is down right now.
If so you can take it out with a magery build. You need to fight the stuff there that you fight on Live.

First day Revamp was on TC. Don had his Bane in Destard. Dragging all the dragons to it.
We knew we would like it!

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening Mordha, Its true that the ai chiv bane are better in short fights because of their intense burst.. but the magery banes are very effective sustained damage and really shine on fights that use reflect damage.. as you can't keep up with the chiv bane 2-3 shoting itself on eoo empowered AI attacks.. The magery bane are also very good at sea fights, becons and spawns... I would avoid mage mastery unless you intend to PvP with the bane.. turning on mage mastery makes the bane stop using bless which is a huge damage increase and the main boom of a magery pet.... it also makes it teleport to enemies , and use protection which lowers its phy resist to 60 .. meaning that even mid lvl mosters will do massive spike to it with normal melee attacks( some of my friends have found success with mm pets at sea as well).. There are a few magery builds that are very effective .. if you would like more info on them I can message or post the details to you.. I also have a few of them made out and 120ed if test is allowing copies yet you can test drive them.. Its always fun to try new and time tested specs... so lets not be in a hurry and make sure you find the best spec for you.. with any luck test is allowing copies again.. can't wait to hear from you and see the path your bane takes.. until then.. have a delightful evening.. =^-^=

Last edited: