• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bane Dragon Food

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i haven't brought out my tamer yet to tame the new Bane Dragons, but from what ive looked up about them, the only food they eat is the stew you get from the 20 crystalline blackrock quest.

Can anyone confirm that they will eat other foods? Because if they don't, they will obviously be very hard to keep fed, and impossible after the quest ends.

Any information on this would be very helpful. Thanks.

J

[JD]

so if its impossible after the quest ends what do you think you should stock up on now if you intend to transfer/sell these in the future when they are rare ;)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I suggest you get as much stew as possible...

J

[JD]

just as long as its chunky style dennisons.

if the fork don't stand up, it's not dennisons

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I suggest you get as much stew as possible...
will this be instant bonding or will you need to feed again after 1 week in stables?
From what I understand its the same as normal, you feed it and then feed it seven days later and it bonds. I suggest though that because the stew is so hard to get you wait eight days just to be safe.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But do the eat anything else besides the stew. I know you need the stew to bond one, but if thats all they eat, theres really no point in getting one for me, as they would be too expensive to keep loyal.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
But do the eat anything else besides the stew. I know you need the stew to bond one, but if thats all they eat, theres really no point in getting one for me, as they would be too expensive to keep loyal.
Well, I've been thinking about that as well. As long as you have 99% success rate for commands, successful commands increase loyalty, so you would only need food for those times when you failed commands several times in a row. I know there are people who never feed their pets, and they don't have issues.

But if you are running a template where you have less than 99% control, it wouldn't be worth it.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would hope there would be some longer term feeding option for the banes, otherwise there will come a time when quite a few cannot be bonded for lack of food.

I think either chefs will be able to make this stew, or there will be some other option left in place after the event ends.

Although there's always the outside possibility that the devs meant for the food to run out, or they simply didn't think about this issue being a problem for future traded pets etc. Time will tell :)

Wenchy

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would hope there would be some longer term feeding option for the banes, otherwise there will come a time when quite a few cannot be bonded for lack of food.

I think either chefs will be able to make this stew, or there will be some other option left in place after the event ends.

Although there's always the outside possibility that the devs meant for the food to run out, or they simply didn't think about this issue being a problem for future traded pets etc. Time will tell :)

Wenchy
Well, here's my take on it, for what it's worth. With the dread warhorses you had to dismount the vanguards and tame the horses. I think this is just the special thing that you have to do with bane dragons. I think the devs mean for both the supplies of dragons and food to be limited, so if you plan on keeping some of them as an investment, you had better keep a supply of food for them. My feeling is that once this event is over, you won't be able to get either.

However, if this becomes enough of an issue, it wouldn't surprise me if they rethink this. Dealing with loyalty loss could be tricky if they don't.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the input. I wasnt playing much when dread warhorses were available, and never bought one. But id like to mess around with that pvp template a bit, so i doubt i would have the skill points for 99 percent loyalty, with fitting in everything else i would need.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens :)

J

[JD]

actually he does have a point. even though you might have 99+ taming control, there are times when a pet 'misbehaves' (not necessarily a problem with control) and follows along slowly etc.

usually with regular pets you would summon an apple or piece of meat and feed it and it would behave again. since they only eat special stew we'll never be able to fix this.

kind of a bad idea with the stew seeing as this pet bug exists.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think over time the devs might make changes when they see how it works. Rare pets with rare pet foods aren't an ideal mix unless you're a banksitter. Even they'd have loyalty blips occasionally :D

A pet that's going to be used regularly (in my opinion) needs to have a steady supply of food and be replacable if the worst happens and it goes poof.

Wenchy

E

Emma Royds

If your going to trade these pets somewhere along the line you will need to have the stew as part of the trade or they will become useless