• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Band aid healing sound

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco is there a way I can change the band aid healing sound back to the old sound. Don't get me wrong I love the pinco's way of life. But when the band aid sound goes off it is way louder then any other sound. It trumps all other sounds in UO and people in vent. When you have 3s band aids it starts to be to much.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco is there a way I can change the band aid healing sound back to the old sound. Don't get me wrong I love the pinco's way of life. But when the band aid sound goes off it is way louder then any other sound. It trumps all other sounds in UO and people in vent. When you have 3s band aids it starts to be to much.
just change the volume of EC Playsound on the settings...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
just change the volume of EC Playsound on the settings...
Yes then you can't hear most the other stuff but the Bandage completion sound is still UBER loud.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree, the bandaid sound is WAY too loud. It over powers everything else, and has a tendency to get stuck.

The .wav file needs its output lowered.

And seriously, for the love of the game, lower the default Pinco's music volume to <50. The intransigence regarding changing this is baffling...

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed it's just the sound file is much much louder than the other sounds. I would be OK with just replacing it with the old sound file if I knew how any help would be great!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes then you can't hear most the other stuff but the Bandage completion sound is still UBER loud.
it has the same volume as the other, but for sounds there are so many factors that may change the volume... like driver settings, the type of speakers/headphones you're using, the type of sound card and so on...
You can change the file "medikit.wav" if you don't like it :p

I agree, the bandaid sound is WAY too loud. It over powers everything else, and has a tendency to get stuck.

The .wav file needs its output lowered.

And seriously, for the love of the game, lower the default Pinco's music volume to <50. The intransigence regarding changing this is baffling...
same for the default volume, for me it's fine at the current rate, for you it's too high just because your sound card/speakers are more sensitive, that's why the settings exist :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe but I certainly don't like it. Too loud. But then I use 5.1 surround sound on some really sweet Logitech speakers. So yeah my sound is sensitive.

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the help I traded out the file with the blurb sound very fast noise works well now I can PVP and not blow my ears out!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
same for the default volume, for me it's fine at the current rate, for you it's too high just because your sound card/speakers are more sensitive, that's why the settings exist [BCOLOR=rgb(204, 205, 205)]:p[/BCOLOR]
Kind of missing the point though, especially when several people repeatedly tell you the sounds are too loud. Defaulting the UI-specific sounds levels at say 50% for new profiles isn't going to hurt you or the UI and it may make more users happy. Why fight it? o_O