• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Balanced Sampire

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I'm spamming the forum, but I'm trying to get back to speed and see if i can play this game again - gimme a break - I'm excited!
I *can* make my own choices and I *have* done research, but i seek the council and discernment of players who are up to speed with all the new updates etc etc and playstyles...

Somebody once said the odd templates are often the most fun. UO is made to allow that, so here I go defiling a clean sampire.

A template for a poor samurai with only 710 skillpoints:

120 bushi
120 swords
095 heal (for decent chance at lethal cure and res)
082 necro (make to 99 with jewel + totem for VE)
081 anat (for res)
087 parry (gives 30% parry chance; during evasion modifier 40% for 6secs - 42%)
070 tactics (for primary - Whirlwind etc)
065 chiv (decent EOO)

Why the odd numbers? I've returned to drachenfells and my house was gone.
The shard is a ghost town and there aren't any vendors selling jewels/weapons arms other than the usual arties.
I can't afford arties as lost all my money with my house...

So the best necro jewels i have are a +13 brace and the +5 totem. Hence the messy numbers.
I can't change anything on my suit yet, as i need to get hunting tough mobs first - there's nothing to buy here even in luna! it's dead!

If i had 720 and jewels/bracers i'd run:

120 bushi
120 swords
090 heal (for decent chance at lethal cure and res)
050 necro (+ 15 & 15 jewels for VE +20 bracers)
100 anat (for res and improved damage and healing)
085 parry (gives 30% parry chance; during evasion modifier 40% for 6secs - 42%)
090 tactics (for primary and secondry - Whirlwind etc)
065 chiv (decent EOO)

This means you can still heal, cure, res, use whirlwind, evasion, VE and all the lovely chiv spells.

Expensive deaths - but lots of possibilities! besides, we are talking PVM here right? :p

Do you guys use arcane crytals/gems or regs?

Please pick holes in this - i mean I'm going to build it, so you can then say "i told you so" in a few weeks when i come back crying ^_^
Really, i think I've found a jack of all trades, master of none - and I'm happy with that, in theory....

Please give me your adjustments/recommendations etc etc

And a MASSIVE THANKS to all you peeps who have been helping me everyday. I have no guild or friends left playing UO. I don't have much except the help i get on here and i love discussing our sammies!

Thanks for entertaining my enthusiasm so politely!

Peace x

Garm.

Notes on evasion modifier from Tact/Anat:
http://update.uo.com/design_530.html

Evasion modifier to parry now scales with Bushido skill
If the player has higher than GM Bushido, and at least GM Tactics and Anatomy, they get a bonus to their evasion modifier (10% bonus to the evasion modifier to parry NOT 10% to the final parry chance)

Bonus modifier to parry range: (these are the ranges for the evasion modifier)
16-40% bonus w/o tactics/anatomy
42-50% bonus w/ GM+ bushido and GM tactics/anatomy

Evasion duration now scales with Bushido skill
If the player has higher than GM Bushido, and GM Tactics and Anatomy, they get a 1 second bonus

Evasion duration range:
3-6 seconds w/o tactics/anatomy
6-7 seconds w/ GM+ Bushido and GM tactics/anatomy

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you plan on fighting? Low level spawns? or high level peerless type monsters?

If your answer is both, then I'm sorry to say, you're going to get rocked by almost all heavy hitting peerless monsters.

I would say go along these lines...Your basic sampire set up

120 bushy
120 parry
120 swords
100 anat or resist
99 necro
90 tactics
61 chiv

I know a few players run Healing on there templates, but from what I've read and experienced...you dont really need it. It's just a nice cushion. This template will allow you to get maximum defense chance from a baddy and have access to all the special moves.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to run without heal.

Now, the thought literally terrifies me.

Stupid really - i forget there are pots too...
I know it's all about the leeching too...

Why do you think I'll get munched?

N

NickyDishes

I run 70 tactics and 90 heal and anat and can do everything any other sampire can do....when i go to doom i switch healing for 90 resist....only one special is needed for a sampire: whirlwind......youll be just fine........with eoo, perfection, and slayers most of the time youll be at damage cap anyways....if u dont have good vendors and have trouble on drachs u should look into makin a imbuer....my imbuer made my sampire twice as badazz as he was

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I say that because if your fighting something like paroxymous. He can hit for around 140 hits in one swipe. I believe the use of feint requires 90 tactics?

I could be wrong, but I like to have 90 tactics so i have access to all the specials...not just whirlwind.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say that because if your fighting something like paroxymous. He can hit for around 140 hits in one swipe. I believe the use of feint requires 90 tactics?

I could be wrong, but I like to have 90 tactics so i have access to all the specials...not just whirlwind.
Thanks for the feedback both.

Is feint the only reason? If so it's a primary ability for daisho, which means i should be ok?

I understand having the secondary also, is a nice to have - but in this case not as critical as having other features?

Just trying to understand the pitfalls in my plan.
If only i had soulstones... :p

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run 70 tactics and 90 heal and anat and can do everything any other sampire can do....when i go to doom i switch healing for 90 resist....only one special is needed for a sampire: whirlwind......youll be just fine........with eoo, perfection, and slayers most of the time youll be at damage cap anyways....if u dont have good vendors and have trouble on drachs u should look into makin a imbuer....my imbuer made my sampire twice as badazz as he was
Dude, i don't have SA :*(

soddit.

I might just go to a new shard...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the feedback both.

Is feint the only reason? If so it's a primary ability for daisho, which means i should be ok?

I understand having the secondary also, is a nice to have - but in this case not as critical as having other features?

Just trying to understand the pitfalls in my plan.
If only i had soulstones... :p
Another thing to think about is by having 100 tactics you will get a bonus to your evasion. As well has having increased damage. IMO any bonus to evasion is nice.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing to think about is by having 100 tactics you will get a bonus to your evasion. As well has having increased damage. IMO any bonus to evasion is nice.
That is with GM Anat and Tactics which gives you a 10% increase.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is with GM Anat and Tactics which gives you a 10% increase.
Right, with his template he shoudl have 100 anat already. i was just saying in addition to that, raise tactics to 100 instead of 70.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right, with his template he shoudl have 100 anat already. i was just saying in addition to that, raise tactics to 100 instead of 70.
i decided to say stuff parry.

I'm gonna try something else to the usual:

Garm
Bushi 120
Swords 120
Tact 100
Anat 100
Heal 100
Chiv 65
SS 65
Necro 40
Parry 0

Purpose is to be able to keep curse weapon up for the big guys. I don't need it for usual succubus. I don't have any evade or resist though so necros are gonna bite me hard.
So far it's working well, but's hard to tell - i trained all the way up to 100 necro today and then ditched it when i changed my mind - and lost all my karma!
If i really wanted to, I could even go Wraith Samurai - though i don't really have the need, or the desire to be a "whammy" - cough. Is there any benefit to being a wraith other than mana?

My other Samurai is:

Miya
Parry 115
Swords 115
Bushi 115
Necro 100
SS 100
Tact 100
Chiv 65
Anat 0
Heal 0

And heck, he's gonna need some good weapons, but his damage is more than enough to sustain him.

Lots of Karma farming.

I might as well join TB faction and farm the fell fire temple...

Please continue to poke holes in the above ^^

N

NickyDishes

wow 140? i never have a problem with paroxy.....maybe rikky or mel

Galingree

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I will imbue you a Daisho if you want. Is 20 SSI enough together with HML,HSL,HLA and 40 DI? I shall be on Wednesday evening in Drachenfels. Contact me in game via communication channel "EPO".

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I will imbue you a Daisho if you want. Is 20 SSI enough together with HML,HSL,HLA and 40 DI? I shall be on Wednesday evening in Drachenfels. Contact me in game via communication channel "EPO".
Mate that's very kind - sorry i've been away for a week.
That'd be amazing, but i dont have any weaps for you to imbue really, or much money :p

Galingree

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No worries about the gold, I do it for free. Just provide the POF, because my stocks are running low.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PM'd I'll buy you some POF, unless you'd prefer silves, as a token thankyou?