• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bake Movement Speed

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do they keep up with you as well as rune beetles do? Slower? How much slower?

F

Frey Wavestrider

I have found they keep up about the same; however, both my bakes seem to like to wander and attack monsters. Even if it means they teleport somewhere and the monsters are off screen. Find I need to keep moving and checking where they are. That being said I have used them to fight up and including peerless. Lots and lots of bandaids in those cases

O

Old Man of UO

I have found they keep up about the same; however, both my bakes seem to like to wander and attack monsters. Even if it means they teleport somewhere and the monsters are off screen. ...
Yours teleports? I don't think mine have since the un-teleport patch last year.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Pet/monster movement is based on Dex, Bakes can have 145 max, Rune Beetles can have 170 max. So if you went by that they would be slower, however I think you're unlikely to notice any difference.

Having regularly run around with both, all pets seem the same when fully trained to me.

F

Frey Wavestrider

The last time I know that one did it for certain was during invasions. Crimson was in a building and the bake went in without a door being open, still trying to figure that out. I know the crimson sometimes teleported you to them but I did not see them do that with pets.

K

Kazumi the Wild

There seems a significant difference between a 125 dex pet (basically, almost every pet) and 140+ dex pets (some rune beetles and bake kitsunes) when it comes to movement speed - NOTHING moves like my 170 dex Rune Beetle when it comes to "all kill", nothing. The Beetle all but instantly teleports to my target's location.

Thank the gods its impossible for NPCs to run...

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pet/monster movement is based on Dex, Bakes can have 145 max, Rune Beetles can have 170 max. So if you went by that they would be slower, however I think you're unlikely to notice any difference.

Having regularly run around with both, all pets seem the same when fully trained to me.
I rather think it is based on stamina. This explain why when you damage a greater dragon he is slower.

T

Turdnugget

When running with a bake/beetle combo, the bake only lags behind the beetle just a tad... not too bad as long as it's got high dex.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bakes have a max of 145, but does that mean they are trainable to that high or if they are tamed at 125 they can't go higher than that?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any stats over 125 won't raise after a pet is tamed. If a pet has stats below 125, they can be trained to a max of 125 :)

Wenchy