• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Baja Community Center Needs Your Input

Do you Favor Vendors Being Used in Your Community Center?

• No, Never

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Yes, Minimally for targeted uses

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Yes, Allow as many as will fit

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HIYAS!!!

I have been asked by Charlemagne, Ancient Greeter and Caretaker of the Baja Community Center, to make the following Announcement:

The Baja Community Center located in the West corner of Luna on the Northern Wall was Founded on July 11th, 2007. It was originally designed and decorated for the use of as many of Baja's Citizens as possible.

HOWEVER, Time demands that all things change when necessary. To that end, Charlemagne has asked all of Baja's Citizens to offer their input, comments, and suggestions on how Best to Improve the Community Center to Best meet your needs Today, and for the next several years. Charlemagne asks what services are most in demand by our Folks. All will be accessible by the Public with the possible exception of some containers.

Also, as part of Queen Dawn's Beautification Plan, Charlemagne is prepared to totally Redesign and Redecorate "your" Community Center to be a true Showplace of Baja Creativity, Imagination, and Ingenuity! Architects, Planners, and Decorators are all asked for comments, ideas, and suggestions for the Redesign and Redecoration of "your" Community Center!

Responses may be made to this Forum, or such Forum as Moderators deem appropriate. Also, input may be made using in game Books dropped into the Centers Mailbox. Posts here, or by in game Books are asked to be submitted no later than September 25th, 2010 to coincide with our 13th Anniversary!!!

Lastly, Charlemagne asks for your input into what minimum contents should comprise "Welcome Baskets" to be provided to Baja's New and/or Returning Citizens (for example: LRC suit, Runebook or books with what runes, bag of Reagents, full spellbook, other Books? such as Ninjitsu, Bushido, Chivalry, Necro, Mysticism etc.) weapons, potions, sextant, Player Guide info, etc.

So in summary, What would the Citizens of Baja prefer to have IN your Community Center, How would you prefer the place look, and What would you prefer to have in your Welcome Baskets???

Please consider carefully and thoughtfully your comments and suggestions, and submit them No Later Than September 25th, 2010.

Below are images of the Community Center as it now Stands.

Respectfully and Sincerely,

Charlemagne

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
While it would be nice to have vendors for new/returning players, they would be abused by established players to get inexpensive items.

WildStar

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

While the Poll seeks input on one narrow but not unimportant issue, I am somewhat disappointed that 66 folks have viewed this Thread with only 1 comment (Thanks Wildstar) and that addressing only the Poll issue.

Please Folks, share your thoughts. Does the Baja Community even want such a Community Center? Are Training Dummies, Pocket Dips, Forges, Anvils, Looms, Dye Tubs, T Map Runebooks, Runebook Library, Meeting Space, and so forth and so on, IMPORTANT to folks, or not so much?? Are these and perhaps other things of Greater Need or wants?

Do you favor Redesigning and or Redecorating?

Are Welcome baskets a great idea, or a waste of time and resources?

Please give me some demonstration that Baja remains an interested Community, and not a dwindling group of narrow interest and apathy.

Or is it only UOStratics that no longer serves the needs of currently active Players?

Please provide your thoughts. I, and I believe many others are very interested in your thoughts.

Lord Elladan of Trinsic

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An extensive Rune book Library . New players first thing there loooking for would be to travel dungeons citys etc. Welcome baskets already made up to hand out would be nice rather than help yourself baskets

You could also set a designated time every week for crafter or volunteers to be on site to help new players.

I wouldn't change the design .

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, I'm one of those guilty parties.

I voted, but I didn't leave a comment. Going to rectify that now.

When I think "Community Center" or "Welcome Center", I compare it to the real world ones and I never see them selling anything.

I feel that having vendors there would detract from the "welcomeness" that new players would experience as their first foray into UO; their introduction to the game shouldn't be one that also tries to sell them things, even if those items are useful and inexpensive.

I also don't know how one would be able to make sure that only newer players purchased the inexpensive items.

ToniFierce

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An extensive Rune book Library . New players first thing there loooking for would be to travel dungeons citys etc. Welcome baskets already made up to hand out would be nice rather than help yourself baskets

You could also set a designated time every week for crafter or volunteers to be on site to help new players.

I wouldn't change the design .
I agree with Debi. The first thing I look for on a shard I'm new to is the biggest rune library I can find.

You could also have a section of the library that was dedicated to the guilds of Baja, e.g., a book submitted by each guild with a brief description of their guild and who to contact if you want to learn more.

It would be nice to have a vendor with reasonably priced recall scrolls, full spell books & rune books.

The design looks fine as is!

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prefer Sandstone. Luna is the Fortress of the Crusade. Were I designing a home in the interior I would reflect that theme. Cannons. Battlements. Heraldric Banners. The Keep of Lord Charlemange.

Welcome Kits. Set a chest to friend access and select a few trustworthy characters to distribute the baskets to new and returning players.

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A design overhaul just to accomodate what it needs...a floor of training, the dummies, locked boxes...forges. A floor for a meeting place like you have there with the dining room setup, or make it more formal with a podium. A rune library on first floor is a must.

I envision fragments of deco....things i note in my head as a "good idea", like the banners of all the guilds flapping outside the centre, the floor of player statues as was discussed (thou that might be goin elsewheres now). I wish for a separate library (or at least a side of a room) for player and guild history, stories, recounts of bajan events, maybe even skill building lists and tips.

a small stable for patrons of meeting place or training centre. (wonder if there's room for a boxing ring)

personally coming from a small town where farmers meet reg in front of the co-op grocery store....chairs for the retired PvM players so they can sit for hours and recount the good ol days preAoS.

ToniFierce

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
personally coming from a small town where farmers meet reg in front of the co-op grocery store....chairs for the retired PvM players so they can sit for hours and recount the good ol days preAoS.
LOL I like that, and make sure there's a barrel with a checkerboard on top :)