• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Baits

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone worked out how these work yet? I only ask cos I put Holy Mackeral bait on my rod just now and pulled up a Yellowtail Barracuda ...

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They seem to work so long as you're in the proper location for catching the named fish (it increases the chance of them appearing by an undeterminable amount). You also seem to need to rebait after each cast.

It would be nice to get some sort of tag that shows an item has been baited rather than have it be invisible.. it can be confusing.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aha, that makes sense. And yes, I agree about the tag of some kind. A use disappeared off the bait pot, but there was no indication as to where it'd actually gone to.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I *think* the bait stays on for a while, I just caught a holy mackeral and it wasn't with the same cast as I applied the bait.
It would be nice to be able to see if your hook is still baited or not.

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok so you
1. be in the right location
2. double click the bait
3. target the rod
4. fish

rinse and repeat aye?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok so you
1. be in the right location
2. double click the bait
3. target the rod
4. fish

rinse and repeat aye?

I guess so; I haven't actually had time today to try it out properly! (see my FB for details :p)

If you're inclined to give it a go, Petra has posted some big fish locations, and there's a pile of different baits in the hold of my ship; feel free to help yourself :)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is worth noting that using a bait cup and targeting another cup of the same bait type will combine the two.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is worth noting that using a bait cup and targeting another cup of the same bait type will combine the two.

Ooer. Will it work if you do that? As in, will you have a better chance of catching both those fish?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I said two baits of the same type... in a bit of a more roundabout fashion, but still...

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone figured out how long the bait stay's applied yet?