• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] BAH! (a warning to anyone that uses beetles)

T

Teeshy

I just logged in for the day and my beetle had gone wild and was attacking me, (I WAS sitting on it when I logged out, I am certain! I am OC about checking these things! =P) and I lost about 100 plants. Including all the coloured seeds I was trying out to see if we got coloured new plants.

I'm bummed about the plants, but I guess I just go collect more seeds and start again =)

May I just say - bugger, bugger, bugger! Even moreso cos it's my own fault for not making a point of feeding the bug everyday - now I gotta wait a week for him to bond again =P

D

DHMagicMan_1

That sux. Sorry about your lost plants and seeds... and time. :(

F

Flora Green

Ouch! Sorry you lost your plants. That's one of the reasons I don't use a beetle for plants. I had one go wild a few months ago. It was bonded and I had fed it recently. Next thing I know it's attacking me.

R

Rix/\

look at it from the beetles point

if I had a cypress tree pop up out my butt I'd be made too.

T

Teeshy

look at it from the beetles point

if I had a cypress tree pop up out my butt I'd be made too.
LOL! You may have a very valid point! ;)

And thanks all! Sympathy always much appreciated when you do something so very stupid! ;)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My low skill gardener cant keep a bonded beetle or pack animal longer than two days. Luckily mine were lost and I quit using them before the new plants.

Today my gardner was killed by a dire wolf and reaper while trying to fill his water pitcher...

I am glad reapers dont pop in houses anymore!

L

LadyStealheart

Mmm. I haven't noticed such a thing on any of my characters. I've been using a beetle since the plants came out and haven't had a problem yet. But thanks for the notice. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for such an event.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've used a bettle on my crafters and gardener for YEARS I've only rarely had it go wild..... once or twice cause I accidently released it.

I feed them from time to time.....

I'll say one thing..... since the new patch my pet doesn't keep telling me that he doesn't think he should follow me anymore....