• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bag of Sending nerf - will impact Tailors almost as much as gold farmers

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The devs made a seriously stupid "change not announced until after all shards get it".

Bags of Sending now take 1 charge per 10 stone to send something, and the bag quests only give a few powder (4 or 5, according to the note - however, the Matriarch quest I did this afternoon still gave me the usual amount of 2 fungi = 1 powder) for all the effort.

This means that Tailors are going to get the shaft, in terms of gathering non-normal leather. Now, it will take a full bag's worth of powder (30) to send just enough leather to do 1-2 BODs (or use up 1-2 runic kits, depending on the item made). If the Matriarch quest stays 2/1 for up to 200 fungi/100 powder, this won't be as bad, but if it goes to 4 or 5 like the solen queen, all bets are off.

Make your voice heard - get them to rethink this scriptor nerf that has too many unintended consequences.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to have to give up gathering Leather in Fel. I'll miss the leathermen (what the lizardmen should really be named) of Despise and the dragons of Destard. The time it takes to leave the dungeon, recall home, drop of 300 pieces of leather, then recall back to the dungeon is just too tedious and boring.

I also use the BoS when I'm turning in BODs (sending in stacks of 2,500 reward cloth). I'll have to switch to packies for that.

C

Chameleon

Only found out recently how useful it is to use BOS for gathering leather at despise fel but *sigh* good times are just shortlived.

Have to go back to the primitive way of collecting leather.
Wonder if recall in and out of despise tram would be more worthwhile.

J

JoyousGard

Yeah, you are right about BOS change affecting tailors. It seems hastily done. Knowing that scripters use BOS so much more effectively than me though seems like they will be hurt more in the short term.

We can just bond pack llamas or something and hide them in the corner of a dungeon. The very top right of Despise leathermen is a good place to "All Stay" your bonded pack animal. Not sure about Destard though.

R

RobY330i

Sorry folks. I support this change and the reasons why the devs implemented it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I support the reasonings behind the change - but not the change itself.

They went about the exact OPPOSITE way to get the results they want. All it will do, is hurt legitimate crafters, and move the gold farmers into areas where they can recall to and from the banks more easily. Their change WILL NEVER REMOVE EVEN A SINGLE GOLD PIECE FROM THE ECONOMY, JUST SLOW THE INFLATION SLIGHTLY.

The LOGICAL change would be to NOT have the bag take multiple charges when used, but there be a BANK TAX for the bag use. Say, 50 GP per stone when used to send gold (as gold weighs 50 GP per stone, this means any attempt to transfer gold would result in 0 gold reaching the bank), 10 to 50 GP per stone for other stackables (say, 10 for non-tagged stackables like Iron, normal wood and normal leather, 50 for those with a "color" tag, making resource farmers have to maintain gold in their accounts, or use recall methods like the automated scriptors have done for years), and 1000 GP for sending a single non-stackable through. That would remove gold from the economy (As it couldn't add any gold), and actually get the results the Devs want.

All the current change do will drive the legit players closer to leaving.

T

tabi22

<blockquote><hr>

The LOGICAL change would be to NOT have the bag take multiple charges when used, but there be a BANK TAX for the bag use. Say, 50 GP per stone when used to send gold (as gold weighs 50 GP per stone, this means any attempt to transfer gold would result in 0 gold reaching the bank),

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the silliest idea I have ever heard of. Granted your views on taxing non-gold items is interesting and somewhat agreeable...the idea of sending gold to your bank but not receiving a single piece is just...well dumb. There is no other way of putting it.

This will NOT help the economy in any way.

No fool will wish to send gold through a BoS if none of it will make through to the other end. Meaning, as some have stated above, people will recall in and out of locations to drop gold in their banks. So no money will be lossed.

If you wish to tax gold being sent it should probably go something like :

send 1000g ---&gt; lose 100g

There is at least a slight gain in the equation.

Granted people do send a lot of non-gold items through BoS. I for one am one of the people that do this (i.e. Leather). However, the number of people that send gold through a BoS is very high.

There will be more to gain with the economy by slightly taxing gold sent through a BoS compared to a BoS being completely useless for sending gold.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
DUHHHH.....

Tabi, the point _IS_ to stop the gold sending. THAT is the justification for the Dev's change to the bags!!!!! They don't want ANYONE sending gold.

As it is now, if you are sending gold, it is costing MORE in the GP value of the powder, than the gold itself, on some shards! EXCEPT, you aren't removing gold from that powder use, you're just making the powder seller richer. The only way you can get positive gold output currently from using the bag is to gather the powder personally. And it sure as heck doesn't remove gold from the inflated economy.

My suggestion would at least not penalize those who might accidentally send gold, the way the current system does.

An alternate, for the gold sending part at least, might be to allow gold sending, but have it kick on an 1800 second (half-hour) or 1 hour timer, preventing the bag from being used again for that period. But, given that the devs don't want us sending gold, they'd never go for it.

T

tabi22

<blockquote><hr>

DUHHHH.....

Tabi, the point _IS_ to stop the gold sending. THAT is the justification for the Dev's change to the bags!!!!! They don't want ANYONE sending gold.

As it is now, if you are sending gold, it is costing MORE in the GP value of the powder, than the gold itself, on some shards! EXCEPT, you aren't removing gold from that powder use, you're just making the powder seller richer. The only way you can get positive gold output currently from using the bag is to gather the powder personally. And it sure as heck doesn't remove gold from the inflated economy.

My suggestion would at least not penalize those who might accidentally send gold, the way the current system does.

An alternate, for the gold sending part at least, might be to allow gold sending, but have it kick on an 1800 second (half-hour) or 1 hour timer, preventing the bag from being used again for that period. But, given that the devs don't want us sending gold, they'd never go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry for prematurely voicing my opinion. To be honest, I hadn't read anything about the nerf on BoS's since or before the nerf. The only information I have gathered from it has been what I have seen on these forums.

So my bad if I thought that they were just doing the nerf to annoy us.

If it is anintended change that was to prevent gold from being sent then your suggestion is plausible and correct.

However, if it is not then they shouldn't do what you suggested because it would be foolish.

Like I said, I apologize for assuming rather than knowing...my bad

G

I think you'll see the BOS change effect more than gold farmers.

This change will greatly effect the leather farmers. Now that a future pub is going to greatly effect runics, they are making it harder to fill BODs to get the runics. So even though there is some love coming to us crafters, it's gonna be some tough love!!

Just a thought.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think you'll see the BOS change effect more than gold farmers.

This change will greatly effect the leather farmers. Now that a future pub is going to greatly effect runics, they are making it harder to fill BODs to get the runics. So even though there is some love coming to us crafters, it's gonna be some tough love!!

Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely.

I

imported_Mark Trail

This seems to me to be part of the general plan to make the top resources very scarce: Valorite, Frostwood, Barbed hides. Then the rare resources can give better bonuses than at present.

For the tailors, barbed hides now give only one more resist than horned and the barbed resists are poorly distributed. What if barbed instead gave 2-3 more resists than horned? I like it. So I like the bag of sending change.

M

Mystic_Of_Cats

<blockquote><hr>

I also use the BoS when I'm turning in BODs (sending in stacks of 2,500 reward cloth). I'll have to switch to packies for that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Could always turn them in in Luna. You can bank from right in the tailor shop.