• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] BAD LUCK TURNED GOOD!!!!!

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It finally happened this morning at 10am est,i got a bod that had 5 lines with all 20s on them and 2 were dungeon fish the other where deep sea fish to the floater and BANG!!!!
a 120 fishing scroll:thumbsup:kinda still in disbelief but it happened on a 5 liner:p

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Grats!!

Now time for you to do like everyone else, start waiting and waiting and waiting for that ELUSIVE blue spyglass :(

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats! Like you, I am getting only 20's. I am at 120 fisher, and I have recieved 6 120 scrolls so far. I am hoping for the bait and oracle to bring up Charybdis now, no luck so far. How about you?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know you figured something out when these...

vesper 20 spiney 20 shovel 20 cape 20 gray snapper 15 bluegill 20 kokanee

trinsic 20 dungeness 20 spiney 20 yellowfin 20 pumpkinseed 20 smallmouth

skara 20 snow 20 cobai 20 capt snook 20 smallmouth 20 crag 20 lurker

float 20 snow 20 crusty 20 cape 20 mahi

glow 20 spiney 20 hadock 20 mahi 20 grim cisco

skara 20 king 20 spiney 20 gray snapper 20 capt snook

vesper 20 shad 20 yellow perch 20 redbelly 20 uncommon shiner 20 cuttroat 20 grim cisco

trinsic 20 blue crab 20 snow 20 rainbow 20 dungeon

...are your current quests. :thumbsup:

K

Kim Li of LS

Ok hunh? I keep goin on the 10-15-20 marry-go-round...how do you get only 20 orders?

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know you figured something out when these...

...are your current quests. :thumbsup:
Hey, have you been peeking in my shiphold?! :thumbsup:

I've been getting the much rarer bait now, most recent is bait for the Seeker fish. Have you, or anyone else, any luck with the things needed for the boss?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
current *EVIL GRIN*

skara 20 snow 20 cobai 20 capt snook 20 smallmouth 20 crag 20 lurker
vesper 20 shad 20 yellow perch 20 redbelly 20 uncommon shiner 20 cuttroat 20 grim cisco
brit 20 crusty 20 cape cod 20 amberjack 20 bonito 20 bluefish 20 grim cisco
trinsic 20 dungeness 20 snow 20 red snook 20 captain snook 20 blue grouper 20 uncommon shiner
skara 20 spiney 20 yellowfin 20 brook 20 rainbow 20 orcbass 20 darkfish
papua 20 hummer 20 fred 20 bonito 20 rainbow 20 darkfish 20 lurker fish
glow 20 blue crab 20 rock lob 20 cap snook 20 blue grouper 20 pike 20 darkfish
float 20 snow crab 20 gray snapper 20 bluefish 20 red drum 20 darkfish 20 lurker

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IF anyone does not believe me and im not saying you don't
im always on doing fishing quest i play legend's log on and hit me up on globe chat, ill bring you on my boat and you can take a look, all i get is all 20's on all line's all the time
my guy's name is JACKED hit me up anytime :thumbup1:

I

ibslingshot

anytime you need one of those 120's to disappear let me know. i cant seem to get past the 110's maybe its due to the rock stuck to my ship. i have had 5 spot quest but yet to get the 6.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anytime you need one of those 120's to disappear let me know. i cant seem to get past the 110's maybe its due to the rock stuck to my ship. i have had 5 spot quest but yet to get the 6.
Thats funny, I've had a fern stuck to my rudder since the day I bought the boat..

Far as scrolls go I've gotten 1 110, 1 120 and 1 105

Ate the 110.. then got the 120 and ate it too.. wanna sell the 105.

I heard they are worth a mill? is that right?

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@restroom cowboy: erm, are you saying you are simply very lucky with quests or do you know something others don´t?
Is there a trick? (if you don´t want to share it is ok, but would be nice to know if there is some way of getting only 20s quests).
Reason I am asking: I must have done around 1000 quests now (feels more like 5000) since it came out and I have yet to see a scroll higher than 110. I do get five or 6 liners with mostly 20s from time to time but I always seem to get bait (for fish I didn´t even know exist).
Thanks!

@Ludes: well on Europa 105s are hard to sell for 200K.

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as far as i know there is no trick to it,myself after about 1000 quest with out turning down a one i started to get all 20s, on all lines, than i got my first 115 scroll, ate it than after about 20 more quest i got a 5 liner with 20 fish on it, 2 were dungeon and got my first 120 scroll,i also get a lot of bait but for the most part there the rare bait and the new boss bait i have yet to see a spy glass

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Let me get this straight. If you turn in an order that contains say 20 bonito..are you saying the next order you get with bonito on it will be 20 and NOT 10???

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes that is what im getting now, no matter what fish, i believe i have reached the end of the line on all bods because all i get it 20s,i have done over 1000 quest and have not turned a one down, i have not seen a fish order under 20 on any line or on any fish order that is not a 20 in 100 fisher quest now

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if anyone want's to come see when i quest i will bring them on my ship and give the right's to my hull and they can watch as the crate come's on and you can check it out,just hit me up in glob chat im JACKED on legends :thumbup1:

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not saying you are telling fish tales *grins*..I just never heard of this. I didn't know it was possible!! I know people who have done as many or more quest than you and they never mentioned always getting orders for 20 fish.

The fact that there is a light at the end of this tunnel (one of several tunnels I am dealing with right now), gives me hope!!!!

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MIRI just log on legend's and hit me up,Im saying the same thing you are, i dont get it also but i will show you, kinda funny when i see my hull with 6 quest and all the line's call for 20 fish each some might have 2 fish on the quest than might get 5 than 6 line's but all are for 20 fish

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woo hoo, this topic took off! Just wanted to confirm...I do not get anything but orders for 20s too. Yes, many of these orders do still suck...I turn them in. Hope that helps. :arr:

btw, started keeping track of all order that give 100 charge baits, powerscrolls, or charybdis bait. Passing the data off day to day over to Gareth. Hoping someone will make heads or tails of it.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, about a week ago I have asked about this and now I can confirm myself: I am only getting 20s now (can also be one liners it seems but not often). Not that I have seen a 115 or 120 yet but I guess chances are much better now (rare, extra smelly bait coming out of my ears).

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
beleive it or not: 30 minutes after my post here I got my 120 scroll! (think I should post more often...) I am a happy camper now!
To all the struggling fishermen: it is only a matter of time until you reach the "only 20s" phase and then the 120 is yours sooner or later....
There is a light at the end of the tunnel.....

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another quest with 122.5 points giving me ****ty 100 void crab bait .. iam soooo tired of this ...

KingHen

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am too low to get much yet, but at least this thread has motivated me to keep going. Took a little break doing cleanup activities, but I need to get back into the water.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed you do eventually reach the point where you will get only orders for 20 fish. I think they also did something to the rewards too..I am getting some low level rewards on what I thought would be a pretty high order (around 260). So I am thinking that a "good" order now much be over 300?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it looks like they decided to give us a break in the recent publish and shut off the reset back to 10 fish after you get a couple of quests with that type of fish at 20 so now each fish type eventually gets up to 20 and stays there - i guess they finally realized that they made it too hard to get good rewards after looking at the data from all the fishing quests that people were doing and i'll also bet that they noticed that everyone pretty much stopped doing fishing quests because of how ridiculously hard it was so they loosened up the requirements a little