• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bad advice for newcomers or returning players.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Waste money to gain stats. I generally give away several million to each newbie I find. I advise them to use on insurance. if they seem to be the patient type, I tell them to invest some of the money on "trash" skills up to 700 total points. Then do seesaw to get the stats they want to have.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
There is really little need to get 700 trash skills points. I would normally just make a new char, normally a mage in Haven and then take some forgotten skill like item ID and work that to get gains in stats in Int and dex. Be sure to monitor closely and lock that dex. Blacksmith or Carpenter for Str and dex.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have gotten stats to max on my noob warrior from hitting barrels after an IDOC. Did 3 shrine battles and got a Tabard. Delete them a week later and do again by just fighting at the Shrine battles.

Waste money to gain stats.
Not sure what money you are talking about. Stats are easy to get where you want them. Skills not.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The point of getting up to 700 skill points will allow you to gain in stats without physically having to gain in any skill itself. Once you have max skills, you only need it raised up to gain a stat point. If you are not at max skill, you have to gain in that skill to gain a stat point. Getting 700 skills is fairly easy and not expensive, run around and buy up skills to 40 in Haven.

Last edited:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have gotten stats to max on my noob warrior from hitting barrels after an IDOC. Did 3 shrine battles and got a Tabard. Delete them a week later and do again by just fighting at the Shrine battles.

Not sure what money you are talking about. Stats are easy to get where you want them. Skills not.
Maybe hes talking about pink's? That's what I was thinking, bad advice - dont waste gold on pinks to work stats.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Shoot.. skills gain better the lower the overall skill total is. Even when I train a skill on my main account I stone off all the skills except the one I am training. I have GM'd (or higher) Spellweaving in hours doing it that way. But when I tried to grind it on a 500+ skill char it took forever.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Med, Focus, Lumberjack, mining, go out and fight. There are so many ways to easily raise stats.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I always forget when ones raising (or lowering) and only remember when it goes way past where I wanted it, then I am see-sawing forever, wish there was a way in the basic clients to set those things to where you want them to stop.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can train skills up to about 33 by asking an NPC to train you. Just run around New Haven... dropping gold on NPC after it agrees to train you.

I mean using context menus...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, by the thread title, we're supposed to be giving bad advice to newcomers and returners? I got that right here: give all your possessions to @Stinky Pete