• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back in the day.......

E

Emplan

Hi Guys,

I used to play UO for about 7ish years, I stopped playing about 1yr - 18 months after AoS.

I was thinking about starting playing again but there are various problems that i hope you can help me with please.

1. I always played on Europa, is it still active?

2. What version are we on, how many releases have i missed?

3. When i left Uo Auction was thriving, i just checked the site and it was more or less completely empty!!! Is there another site that the UO community now use?

4. Do you still use UO Assist, maps, 8x8 etc?

5. When i was playing i was a complete archery nutcase!, i loved it!, I just checked on the profession forums for UO Archer but it kept bringing me back to the Statics type page for loads of different games :(( are there no longer profession forums, i used to find these a wealth of knowledge?

Lots of babbling a know, but i was never the most technically minded UO player, i just used to try and enjoy it, if you could fill me in and maybe post some direct links to various sites i would appreciate it.

Kind regards

Emplan

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. I always played on Europa, is it still active?
Yes. Check the shard forum.

2. What version are we on, how many releases have i missed?
Mhm, not sure, what's the last you have? AoS?

3. When i left Uo Auction was thriving, i just checked the site and it was more or less completely empty!!! Is there another site that the UO community now use?
Ask on Europa forum. Stratics has trade forums now too.

4. Do you still use UO Assist, maps, 8x8 etc?
Assist yes, UOMap is no longer updated, 8x8 went out of the window (skillgain system changed).

5. When i was playing i was a complete archery nutcase!, i loved it!, I just checked on the profession forums for UO Archer but it kept bringing me back to the Statics type page for loads of different games :(( are there no longer profession forums, i used to find these a wealth of knowledge?

Hopefully profession forums will be coming back "soon", ask here or on Player questions forum.

R

Revenant2

Archery's nerfed compared to what you saw back then.

8x8 no longer works but skill gain isn't bad, except for Animal Taming. UO assist is still there.

There's websites that let you search all of the player vendors in the commercial areas for what you want. Google on some keywords and you'll find them. If your account can't get into "Malas" then you had better upgrade it, because the main commercial area is the city-like thing named "Luna".

Stratics forums blew up a couple months back or something and that's why so much is missing. They have said they are attempting to retrieve the old data but it's been a good while now, so yeah. Maybe that information will come back, or, maybe it won't, donno.