• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back from a hiatus

Quickjohn

Adventurer
I have a pure spell caster. What's a good template to be the hardest hitting spell caster in game? I have all skills. What's good gear? #'s to shoot for

Skills to have? For pvm high dmg out put. Stats. Skills.
Thank you.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is my Caster:

Base Skills:
120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Spellweaving
100 Scribe
20 Meditation (mute as a human, but helpful if your an elf)

Skills on swap:
120 Necro/120 Spirit Speak
120 Mystic/120 Focus
120 Taming/120 Lore

Suit is mostly artifacts: Scholars Halo, Pendant of the Magi, Protector of the Battle Mage, Cuffs of the Archmage, Kelp Woven Leggings, SDI Curio, Pads of the Cu, Tangle, Jumus Sacred Hide, Hawkwinds Robe. Non-arties are Legendary Gloves, 1/3 casting 18SDI LRC ring & bracelet. Holding a 50 SDI book and a legendary shield. Gloves and shield have been enhanced to gain enough physical resist to be 70 even in protection. I could wear the poison earrings of protection to get the last 2 poison resist points, but I am human so I prefer the nocturne earrings.

Stats with no additional buffs (human):

1591209468785.png

Quickjohn

Adventurer
Here is my Caster:

Base Skills:
120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Spellweaving
100 Scribe
20 Meditation (mute as a human, but helpful if your an elf)

Skills on swap:
120 Necro/120 Spirit Speak
120 Mystic/120 Focus
120 Taming/120 Lore

Suit is mostly artifacts: Scholars Halo, Pendant of the Magi, Protector of the Battle Mage, Cuffs of the Archmage, Kelp Woven Leggings, SDI Curio, Pads of the Cu, Tangle, Jumus Sacred Hide, Hawkwinds Robe. Non-arties are Legendary Gloves, 1/3 casting 18SDI LRC ring & bracelet. Holding a 50 SDI book and a legendary shield. Gloves and shield have been enhanced to gain enough physical resist to be 70 even in protection. I could wear the poison earrings of protection to get the last 2 poison resist points, but I am human so I prefer the nocturne earrings.

Stats with no additional buffs (human):

View attachment 108936
scribe worth the slot?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
scribe worth the slot?
Iv'e debated that a few times. Could drop it and go with 120 med all the time. The benefit from the 10% SDI for some spells and the additional casting focus can be hard to quantify. But I use ebolts and flamestrikes as my main attack spells and this makes them hit the hardest. For pure casting encounters I use necro and wraith form so mana isn't often and issue.