• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Awesome halloween event Dev's

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am sure there are other posts, but I just wanted to really say how much fun I am having. Yay! :)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really is fantastic, Thank you very much!

I read we'll be able to use the gold crystals after the event - HUGE bonus! It could be like a net toss.. Just on land!

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm thoroughly enjoying it as well :)

Wish that moon grass lasted a little longer, as my newb fighters take 4 or 5 trips to grab moon grass to get enough kills for the residue... but I suppose that's just more chances to get cool Halloween loot.

Bravo!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Great stuff having a blast! Thanks

T

Thashinel

Yes, having fun with the event.

Thank you for the vigor it adds to the gaming xperience.

Jo/Thash

R

Rocklin

I haven't begun to work any of the Halloween items. Why is it so awesome?

F

five oclock

aye Devs this is great fun!

I didnt want to start a new post about and idea I had for next year.

This part removed for Im a noob. LoL. Forgot cooks can all ready make the pies.

Again have a blast with Halloween! :D

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye Devs this is great fun!

I didnt want to start a new post about and idea I had for next year.

Everyone loves the pumkins..But hates the spawn rate..So how about while we are waiting...our cooks can come in and make pumkin pies with the pumkins? Talk about Fresh stuff :D Thats all.

Again have a blast with Halloween! :D
Do you remove the pumpkins from the subserver?

I

Ibram Vale

Agreed, we're all having a good time, I haven't heard so many laughs and jests in the guild for quite some time. Many thanks

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't know. Spent 45 minutes so far trying to get residue.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't know. Spent 45 minutes so far trying to get residue.
Probably because you're not killing monsters in the right dungeon. The quest is meant to be ran exclusively in Felucca and Trammel. If you're hunting in any other facet, you'll be at this a VERY long time!

S

Sevin0oo0

I'm with Ender - except I've spent hours of effort into this, and is doing nothing but making me not want to do it any further. I made it to Gizalda for the 2nd time. Over 3hrs and I can change to a costume???? whatever...
If the Guide (spoiler) was complete in it's issue, that could have saved some time as well. Can't even throw the crap away out of my backpack.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Probably because you're not killing monsters in the right dungeon. The quest is meant to be ran exclusively in Felucca and Trammel. If you're hunting in any other facet, you'll be at this a VERY long time!
I don't mean the red sparkles, I mean the stuff you use to get the thing that lets you see the sparklies. You can get that anywhere.

And oh wow I'm correcting a dev. lol.

But yeah, I got enough to do the thing once... I got a blue crystal. What do I do with it? Where is the guy I need to heal?

S

Sevin0oo0

I didn't get a crystal, nor sparkles, all I got was a long tedious, confusing "quest" that doesn't function like a normal quest.
Run out of time, start over, go do this again, etc,.

it's easy for Sakkarah_Mythic, Always easy if you know what to do ahead of time

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't mean the red sparkles, I mean the stuff you use to get the thing that lets you see the sparklies. You can get that anywhere.
Bleh, I just checked the code, and you're right you can get the residue elsewhere (though that was not the design intention).

The reason it took so long for you is because you've been fighting slugs and the like (based on your post in another thread). The chance of receiving residue is scaled on the difficulty of the monster. So is the type of monster you will turn into. I still haven't seen anyone turn into a Balron. The tougher the monster, the better your chance of residue and the better your chance of getting a shadow wyrm or dream wraith costume.

And oh wow I'm correcting a dev. lol.
:sad4:

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I did Shadow Wyrms for 2 masks worth of crystals and still only got gazer/skel. I turned into a drake while collecting.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah, now that's cool. I'll have to take my samurai out for some para balron action (or maybe just regulars?). I stuck to slugs earlier because I started the quest on a mage, just so I could mark runes to every place I needed.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember when our Halloween treats was just a test shard.
Ye keep gettin better every year. Whomever created Harbinger, kudos!

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Doing balrons now... still only turning into a drake and getting gazers/skeletons. =/

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This event is very well thought out... except for the reset rate for the "sick" gypsies. It needs to be much shorter than 3-4 hours. I would recommend a 5 to 10 min timer to allow as many people as possible to complete the quest and redeem the item.

Certainly this will allow more Conjurer's Garbs to enter the game. To me that is an acceptable trade off. It allows more people to earn the Halloween quest item, even those that are unable to camp the gypsies due to work and other real life scheduling obstacles.

I really liked the Treasurers of Tokuno event because redemption of any rewards was not impeded by any other players. You just had to find stuff to kill in Tokuno which never was a problem, even if you didn't get the most desirable spots. You could still complete the quest by receiving and turning in the minors.

-OBSIDIAN-

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Its kind of odd that it both takes a large number of blues and has a lengthy cooldown one or t'other would be sufficient!

D

DevilHimself

I got my mount off the Headless Horseman last year on my mage. I keep trying to get it to drop for my DK this year, but it's great as always! Thanks Blizzard!

D

dielock

Yes I agree with all, this is an awsome Holloween. Great job Devs.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great event Devs! I'm having a blast and you guys are on quite a roll. Question, however. What happened to poor Lydia?