• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Avoid all player interaction for now?

D

Diggity

Ok, we don't know what items might or might not be illegal, but as long as you looted/crafted/earned it, it should be ok. So just don't buy or accept anything from anyone.

Does that go for selling as well? I've been pretty successful at xshard ticket trading and have gotten a lot of tickets on my home shard that I'd like to sell. Likewise I have a few event and doom items that would also sell for millions. So suppose I can get upwards of 50 mil for what I want to sell. If it turns out that some of the checks I may accept are bogus, does that put my account at risk?

M

Mudd

The fact that people have to make posts like this in the first place shows what kind of a company EA is.

As to the question, I don't know the details of the dupe, but it sounds like anything could have been duped. That being said, it seems EA is banning people that have multiples of duped items. If you are trading tickets frequently and you happen to trade with dupers a few times, you might be banned. So many people did that quest legitimately that I think your chances are pretty safe.

T

timbeOFbaja

No. These people complaining of being banned for owning illegal items exceeded a threshold Mythic set. All of us probably are in possession of something duped or produced from a duped item. But only the people who ran a LOT of things through their inventory got banned. Even if they didn't know for sure they were dealing dupes, they had to have suspected and didn't care and went on to gain a lot from it. These are power traders.....money launderers essentially. You and me with a couple duped kits or whatever are going to be fine.

M

Mechanic

its the high end broker that are ruining MMO's
do you really need to get RL rich to have fun?

nobody would dupe in such mass amounts if people were not making RL cash

so if you are crying about not being able to make tons of gold anymore I say I don't care!

let the rest of us play the game. You can go play the stock market. I hear Gold is the big investment there too.