• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Average cost per plant

C

Calvin

I don't see anywhere that mentions the cost per growing a plant to full resources, but surely it exists somewhere.

Does not count failures in Alchemy.
Greater Cure : 6 Garlic X 3gp = 18gp per potion
Greater Heal : 7 Ginseng X 3gp = 21gp per potion
Greater Poison : 4 Nightshade X 3gp = 12gp per potion
Greater Strength : 5 Mandrake Root X 3gp = 15gp per potion

8 days to get to resource production, 8 days in resource production?
I am growing a few batches of 100 plants to see what the average use of potions is going to be.

The main reasons for this is to determine my cost of each orange petal, green thorn, and whether growing green thorns for regs is any better than just buying the regs outright.

I have not done it in a while, but I recall one green thorn can spawn about 100 reagents. I recall a green thorn being about 750gp, but who knows if anyone buys them much anymore.

G

I don't think using them for regs is very cost effective, especially with faction vendors in Fel. Most use them for the whipping tentacles to get vines, Tamers will use them for the tameable giant ice worms.

The Vorpal bunnies are always fun for events too.

Rey~

C

Calvin

Well, I got 139 regs from one green thorn, spread out over multiple types of regs. So, if I get around 100 per thorn with 8 thorns per plant, will I get enough regs for potions to keep the chain going? I'm rather skeptical right now. Of course, killing the bunny, and buying only the regs needed might be the only way to go. Those hideous cat statues certainly can't keep up with my potion use at this point without having WAY too many of them to be feasible.

I

imported_Lyconis

if you get 100 reagents from a green thorn.. say 5 gp for the most expensive reagent .. 100 x 5 = 500.

If you just want to make money to keep the operation going and have a gm alchemist. Use your green thorns for vines. If I can recall correctly I couldn't keep them stocked on pacific selling vines at 2500 gold each.

A

Arcvenger

Really new, can you explain using the green thorns for vines to me?

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To get vines using a green thorn, plant the green thorn in a swamp. This will cause a creature called a 'whipping vine' to spawn. They can't cast spells - just can hurt you physically if they get too close. Kill the 'whipping vine', and the "vines" will be on its corpse as loot. The vines are used to decorate houses as a locked-down item.

There are three kinds of these vines (a green leafy-looking one, a brown, woody one with small leaves and one with straighter thick vines and small leaves) - each kind comes in south-facing and east-facing versions.