• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Stealth] Autoreveal in Fel?

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a friend who is currently training his first stealther/thief. In Tram, apparently, being auto revealed is a rare- possibly impossible - thing. But he keeps getting autorevealed whenever he’s within five steps from any human player in Fel. (Repeat: human player, not NPC.)

Is there a real-skill requirement on hiding/stealth so a stealther isn’t autorevealed around a human player in Fel? Has something changed recently?

I personally have only been auto revealed in Fel a handful of times in the three years since making my thief ... but I also don’t really go to Fel on my stealther very often.

The last time I can recall being in Fel on my thief, I was even run over a couple of times and never revealed - but my hiding is 100, stealth is 120, and I’d thrown detect on her for this foray in Fel and my detect is 100, also.

Someone please give me knowledge I don’t already possess please?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
On production shards players have passive detect hidden. Elves have a higher chance to do it than humans. 120 stealth will help combat this but isn't 100% effective. It only triggers when you take a step so if he holds still and waits for players to come to him he shouldn't reveal. Also the shadow mastery should almost completely negate passive detect. Lastly the ninjitsu spell shadow jump does not count as taking a step, it is incredibly useful and is about the only way I use to approach a player on production shards unless absolutely necessary. The spell does not make a sound but it will make a little poof of smoke on the tile you shadow jump from. It is best practice to hide behind a house or tree so they can't see it. The little poof also happens to be the same animation as the gold appearing after a champ spawn completes, if you are stealing at champ spawns, use this to your advantage.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
— Thank you so much. He’d already been told about Shadow Jump but wasn’t sure exactly how it worked in conjunction with everything. :) So you did teach me some things I didn’t know and for that, you made this a good day for me. Thanks!

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll walk around with a shadow jump pre-casted. If people come on screen, I'll stop. If they run to me or toss a conflag or whatever, I'll use the cursor to complete the shadow jump. Easier to move/get away.