• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Automaton question

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone made and automaton? What is a Stasis Chamber Power Core and where does one acquire it? Are they fun for as crafter to play with? I am considering it but need to know if I can make it, I have the recipe just not sure if I can get the rest of ingredients needed

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I used an automaton to hunt toxic sliths to raise loyalty points on my crafter for the gargoyle queen's forge.

Afterwards I used it to farm iron ingots, arrows, boards and bandaids from orcish mobs in the orc cave and cove orc fort, as I absolutely hate resource gathering. Automatons are just good enough for that, you will have problems hunting tougher mobs though.

I could have probably just used a vollem from the cleanup rewards on my crafter, but as my other mule got already one I wanted to try out the automaton.

Note that you cannot feed automatons, but they easily gain loyalty by giving them commands.

If you single click the tinkering tool, you can set it to repair mode after selecting the type of ingots for repairing, then make a macro which uses the tool while setting "target stored" to the automaton. One click and it is repaired this way. However, the tool gets bugged every now and then. In that case, flip to the crafting mode again and select the source of ingots again. Then switch back to repair mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: dvv

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You purchase the Stasis Chamber Power Source from the Collector of Oddities in The Lycaeum just outside of Moonglow for 101,250 gp. The Automaton Actuator can be had as a Tinkering BOD reward for 750-points. The Inoperative Automaton Head, I believe, can still be found in some chests in KotL City and as loot on Automatons in KotL City.

Last edited:

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just found out I have the actuator so I guess just need the stasis power source and head. I guess you can stable them? Thanks for the replies I am using my imbuer to to train up stealth It's fairly easy to kill sliths with a gollem but just got ganged up by 6 toxic sliths who made for a swift end to the gollem.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes, you can stable them. They are like bonded pets.

The only bug is that you need 115 (or was it 110) animal lore to see their stats. Once you bond one, copy to test center and adjust your animal lore to check its base stats, if you do not have lore on a soulstone. As I posted above, automatons keep their loyalty by giving them commands, so no need to lore them later for that.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks my imbuer is a alchemist and I used alchemy to kill sliths and other creatures to get my loyalty points. Found the confusion blast good to get untargeted then invisibility potion, chain explosion or conflagration. Could even kill those black wispy looking things that are difficult to kill. All that effort then maybe a just a void orb. I was training up magery on my imbuer so would cast a bladespirit or an EV by scroll to keep from getting retargeted then just chain throw explosions. They have altered alchemy to make it more difficult since then however.