• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Automap assistance?

S

snigneczi

I've been out of UO for a few years now, and have recently gotten the urge to get into it again. I've gotten the game installed and working properly, however I seem to be having an issue with automap... when I open it up it's pretty much a black screen with all the markers, tags, locations, etc. visible, but no terrain shows, nothing other than a mainly black screen. I do have it linked so it will track me as I move about, but without all of the geographic features I'm getting rather frustrated. How can I fix this?

Marcus Aurelius

S

snigneczi

Thanks for the link... however... uninstalled, reinstalled, extracted... same problem... could there be something else I'm doing incorrectly?

Marcus Aurelius

C

Chaosy

Have you tried installing into a different folder?

Maybe one of your settings is off or a file is corrupted?

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have UO 2d installed or only KR?

I thought UOAM used some map info from UO2d.

Thanks for the link... however... uninstalled, reinstalled, extracted... same problem... could there be something else I'm doing incorrectly?

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have only ever been able to get UOAM to work with 2d... I have yet to find a way to make it work with KR. Is there an option?

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem is that uoam is apparently not supported anymore. See for yourself...
http://www.uoam.net/

The ur has been down for weeks now. I recently started playing again and havn't been able to get a copy from the site since. I've found other places to download it, although its not supposed to be distributed by anyone else if I remember correctly so you might want to remove your link. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You wouldn't happen to still be working in win 98 would you? I distinctly remember uoam having just that problem. I think it was when Mondain's Legacy came out. Win 98 has some kind of memory handling problem I think? I was unable to use automap for some time until we upgraded our pc and got windows XP.

Z

Zodiac19

I have only ever been able to get UOAM to work with 2d... I have yet to find a way to make it work with KR. Is there an option?
No, UOAM is not supported by KR. Also it will not work correctly if you do not have UOAssist running.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, UOAM is not supported by KR. Also it will not work correctly if you do not have UOAssist running.
This is as I suspected - thank you. I too can only run UOAM in 2D by using UOA. I tried the calibration tricks and nothing happens, I think that is because it looks for a connection to the UOAM site that no longer exists. Of course my info is rather dated.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just installed UOAM on my new computer I just built. It kept looking for his website & timed out after trying to connect for 3 to 5 tries, once it did, it started up fine & has run great, no problems. I do have the last Beta that he had on his site if you would like it. Ver 8.3.0. My UOAM I can start up either with UO up of off, it doesn't matter.

S

snigneczi

Snakeman, any help you could give would be great, I'd appreciate it a bunch! Thanks to all the rest of you also for trying to help... I'm being pretty tenacious in trying to solve this, so hopefully soon :)

Marcus Aurelius

S

snigneczi

Thank you all very much for the offer of assistance :) I have, however, managed to get my problem fixed, at least right now it seems that everything i working as it should, apparently I had something wrong with my UO Assist, reloaded it and all is well now! It's nice to know there's some good folks out there willing to help when it's needed, thank you!

Blessed be,
Marcus Aurelius

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:thumbup1: Glad ya got it going, it one of the biggest "helpers" in the game for many players. :thumbup: