• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Auto targeting in CC

mihali

Sage
In CC is there an in-game macro that will with one key press cast a damaging spell on nearest hostile. There is one on EC, but just was wondering for CC. Ty in advance.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you tried to make one using select nearest hostile?

belal

Visitor
Cast spell -
Wait for target
Select nearest - hostile
CurrrentTarget

slight problem with this though, it is broken and will target non hostile targets too - (other people’s red summons, neutral animals)

you’d have to download Orion to fix that in CC.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Cast spell -
Wait for target
Select nearest - hostile
Target selected

slight problem with this though, it is broken and will target non hostile targets too - (other people’s red summons, neutral animals)
Pretty much this.

I'm assuming you are targeting something like an EM boss or something with lots of HP and can't really see their bar with all the summons/pets hitting it? If that's the case, another option (for CC) would be to just make a macro for nearest hostile which should pull the HP bar and then cast your spells as normal (press macro with spell only) and manually target the bar the first time. After that you can cast spell and use a last target macro.

If you are doing something for like beacons (ie not a ton of ppl hitting it) then it's going to be way easier/quicker to manually pull the HP bar from the mob and cast normally.

belal

Visitor
In trammel, the macro just doesn't work in CC, it's only going to try and fail to attack non hostile targets, it's a mere inconvenience, you can try it again and again until it hits a valid hostile. In felucca though it is actually going to attack the non hostile targets, I guess that is why people don't play CC in felucca.

mihali

Sage
Yep tested the in game macro with casting, and tried different things, does not work as a one keypress damage to enemies. Macros work nice in EC to auto-attack one key and one key only..

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Cc > select nearest hostile
> attack selected

just saw it was for casting: probably Belals suggestion might work.

mihali

Sage
Cc > select nearest hostile
> attack selected

just saw it was for casting: probably Belals suggestion might work.
Sadly, nothing works like this -one keypress- in CC without "other programs/clients" that I detest, plus theyre illegal. I will stick to EC..much better targeting.

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use the macro somewhat successfully, for example, while treasure hunting with my tamer,

You would expect that if a monster pops up right next to you, the macro would work. Either I get an error message that there are no hostiles or my pet ignores the command. However, taking one step away in any direction and then hitting the key almost always works.

I've noticed that when my pet is between a mob and myself, the macro also usually works. So, I'm assuming it's some kind of line-of-sight error.