• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Auto follow in EC client?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I wanted that for years as I couldn't play much when my mouse hand had tendonitis, my husband and I were both in the EC so it wasn't an option, I had to stop going to guild hunts because running around killed my hand. I'm pretty sure it's been asked for before though, but good luck anyway!

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
From 9th Anniversary Collection book. page 2, ALT + click the character you wish to follow. This is for CC, just for info for those that didn't know. Work it !!

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to , or can the devs implement a way to do this like you can on the CC client? @Mesanna

I raised it with Pinco as he knows more about the EC then the Dev's, he said as its client side its not possible unless the Dev's add it. All the Devs are doing now is adding features already in EC to the classic and making art bits. :-(

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
they should get rid of follow in cc. a lot use it for evil purposes lol. if more than one account is used, u should have to control them. too much auto this auto that going on. just my opinion

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's not cast aspersions. Autofollow isn't used for multiboxing, it's waaaaay too imprecise

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Let's not cast aspersions. Autofollow isn't used for multiboxing, it's waaaaay too imprecise
Agreed.

they should get rid of follow in cc. a lot use it for evil purposes lol. if more than one account is used, u should have to control them. too much auto this auto that going on. just my opinion
Interesting that you specifically call out CC and only want it to be removed from there and in the same post say "too much auto this and auto that". I play CC and I can tell you that in reality it's EC that has all the "auto this and auto that"... do you think that auto switching an entire suit within a second in EC is less auto than auto-follow while also providing much more benefit?

That's just one auto thing from EC. I'm sure there are several more things that could be listed. But of course I'm assuming your opinion is that anything auto in EC is just for convenience and not abused whereas anything (and anyone) using CC must be evil... because why else wouldn't they play EC? Right?? :hahaha:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use cc, not ec, I didn't mention multiboxing. im saying if someone uses multi accounts they should have to control them. both clients should be on even playing field but they are not. there to too many illegal programs being used is why im saying auto this and auto that. I agree ec/pincos is a cheat program compared to cc but they made it legal. maybe hey should make an illegal program legal for cc like they did for ec or the dev should make a program that goes with cc to help close the gap.

Last edited:

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pinco's was never illegal, the whole point of the EC is it allows players to build a UI within the ability of the client. Unlike the cheat programs in CC.
However thats another arguement

I just wanted to be able to use the same follow feature as in the CC is all

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
im saying if someone uses multi accounts they should have to control them.
I'm not really sure what the multibox definition is but it seems like you would need to be running a script or something (not just auto follow) so that the other accounts are casting/attack/etc without a person controlling them. Assuming that is the case, I'm not sure how auto-follow is going to prevent this...someone could also change screens and move all their accounts into the same screen and run their scripts.... the moving part is the easy thing; I'd think the scripts would be the hard part.

I agree ec/pincos is a cheat program compared to cc but they made it legal
Auto-follow has been part of the game since I can remember (20 years ago??) so I'm not sure how it's anymore of an advantage than a third party programlike Pincos is. Again if we are talking about multiboxing then I'd assume Pinco's would offer a multiboxer WAY more advantage than an auto-follow would (again assuming there are scripts).

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Auto-follow definitely has very limited use as it is. We have tried it a few times, also once during the Trade orders when both accounts got the same destination. But in the end we were faster running 2 at full speed after one another, than trying to drag one along. They get stuck, lag behind, etc.
Also often our training tamers get stuck in the ice hills when auto-following the polar bear they are trying to tame. Sometimes even need a relog (if the char can't recall) to be able to move again.
It can be useful for a Bard providing songs to stay within range we think.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not really sure what the multibox definition is but it seems like you would need to be running a script or something (not just auto follow) so that the other accounts are casting/attack/etc without a person controlling them. Assuming that is the case, I'm not sure how auto-follow is going to prevent this...someone could also change screens and move all their accounts into the same screen and run their scripts.... the moving part is the easy thing; I'd think the scripts would be the hard part.

Auto-follow has been part of the game since I can remember (20 years ago??) so I'm not sure how it's anymore of an advantage than a third party programlike Pincos is. Again if we are talking about multiboxing then I'd assume Pinco's would offer a multiboxer WAY more advantage than an auto-follow would (again assuming there are scripts).
incase you didn't know, pincos was not approved when it came out so it was illegal. some time later, the dev approved it and hired the guy that created it. if u use 5 to10 chars, they should have to control them wh ether u use programs or not.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
incase you didn't know, pincos was not approved when it came out so it was illegal. some time later, the dev approved it and hired the guy that created it. if u use 5 to10 chars, they should have to control them wh ether u use programs or not.
Wrong.

Pinco's was never "illegal." KR and the EC were designed with the express intent of the UI being user moddable, it was supposed to be a big draw to switch clients (since nearly every modern MMO has a user-moddable UI to some extent). There even used to be an official modder section on the website. Things the devs didn't want the player UIs being able to access are locked down. (script-controlled movement being a big one)

As the years progressed, Pinco became pretty much the only modder to stick around and take requests. Thus, his UI has become the most used and eventually, player pressure was put on the devs to include it in the client. (The original default UI was terribad) The current default EC UI is a stripped-down version of Pinco's circa late 2014.

Are there things that the UI can do that the devs now wish it couldn't? Probably. The same likely goes for UOAssist. But those ships have sailed.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
if your using multiple pcs, auto follow with a macro, coin jammed into keyboard. target nearest hostile mobile and cast EoO, pause cast divine fury, pause cast CW pause attack target. should work for archers.

maybe i shouldn't say that. but it wouldn't be a script, and in confines of the game.

people kinda do this with pocket bards on auto follow already.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
my point exactly, it wasnt approved so it was illegal. I was around when they tried KR. I know a lot of people wouldn't like me saying should get rid of follow. it would make things harder on the farming with 5 to 10 accounts, idocs, events and a host of other things. it doesn't address illegal program use, it just my opinion but some like to argue. don't worry I wont be posting anymore on this subject.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
my point exactly, it wasnt approved so it was illegal. I was around when they tried KR. I know a lot of people wouldn't like me saying should get rid of follow. it would make things harder on the farming with 5 to 10 accounts, idocs, events and a host of other things. it doesn't address illegal program use, it just my opinion but some like to argue. don't worry I wont be posting anymore on this subject.
Still wrong. UI mods were always allowed and never subject to approval.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
f your using multiple pcs, auto follow with a macro, coin jammed into keyboard. target nearest hostile mobile and cast EoO, pause cast divine fury, pause cast CW pause attack target. should work for archers.
I disagree. Hypothetically yes you could use multiple PCs and jam a coin into the keyboard but...

Let's be honest who is going to have 5-10 PCs available with UO on them to do this? You are talking someone who is pretty much power gaming UO and honestly at this point I can't see someone really devoting all that effort to a 20 year old game. There is no way this works on the same computer so you eliminate a lot of people there.

Even if there was 1 or 2 people that actually had the machines to do this... the jamming the coin technique isn't going to work unless you are using something else illegal because you are going to be spamming this 1 button macro which is going to take at least 5-7 seconds to execute with multiple spells and pausing AND while casting those spells you aren;t swinging. Not only that, once you were done that entire macro since you have the coins jammed in there it's not like there is another pause so you will spam the spell portion of the macro again without actually swinging which has you doing zero damage. That is unless you built in another delay for multiple seconds which is only delaying the macro again so now you are running it 10-15 seconds which you might as well just change screens at that point. So in reality this would be a pretty massive waste.

I understand what you are saying but let's be real... a true multibox person isn't using the "coin jam" technique; they are using unmanned scripts. At that point it doesn;t matter if you are using auto-follow or not.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No ones jamming coins into their keyboard, no one has ever believed this and no one ever will so it's really time for people to stop saying it.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
well like i said, thats how it could work.

and i have jammed a coin, ruler and other things in the keyboard for training.

i also have 3 laptops and a pc with uo installed (laptops cant handle anything besides basic training, lag is to much to even do a peerless)

but yes, i agree. people are using other software. but i am not gonna say everyone is, thats why i proposed what i did. its stupid enough to work, and i am sure someone has tried it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No ones jamming coins into their keyboard, no one has ever believed this and no one ever will so it's really time for people to stop saying it.
That's right. A wooden toothpick works lots better.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
People have stacked coins, and heavy objects on keys for years.... but that is NOT how multiboxing works... they use one keyboard one mouse and a program which links all the controls thru all the accounts at once to move in unison and cast in unison... you can see it as they move all at once together...

The follow you can see as the person following will be at least 4 spaces behind and walking erratic and drunk looking falling into stuff all over and getting stuck too... unlike what you see with Multiboxing. VASTLY different.