• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Aura of Nausea

Shannow

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Hi, bit confused on how this works with poisoning.

If I choose poisoning, I can then choose Aura of Nausea plus one other ability/move.
Question is, if I then choose another magic ability to replace poisoning, do I lose the affectiveness of aura of nausea.
Do I need poisining to be 100 before I can choose another magic ability.
Also, if my pet dies regular will the poisoning gradually decrease without being able to raise it back up.

I've got a pet with poisoning and it poisons targets every now and then. I dont understand what triggers the poison though. Is it just applied under a normal melee attack?
If I overwrite poisoning as described above, will I then lose this, even though I still have aura of nausea?

Basically, if I train a pet with aura of nausea + talon strike (or FWW) + discord will it work?

Thanks in advance for any help with this. I'm at the junction of training where I either keep poisoning or replace it with discord. I was just going to replace poisoning anyway and see what happens, but then thought it might save me some time if I asked first, rather than have to redo the pet/train another up.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Hi, bit confused on how this works with poisoning.

If I choose poisoning, I can then choose Aura of Nausea plus one other ability/move.
Question is, if I then choose another magic ability to replace poisoning, do I lose the affectiveness of aura of nausea.
Do I need poisining to be 100 before I can choose another magic ability.
Also, if my pet dies regular will the poisoning gradually decrease without being able to raise it back up.

I've got a pet with poisoning and it poisons targets every now and then. I dont understand what triggers the poison though. Is it just applied under a normal melee attack?
If I overwrite poisoning as described above, will I then lose this, even though I still have aura of nausea?

Basically, if I train a pet with aura of nausea + talon strike (or FWW) + discord will it work?

Thanks in advance for any help with this. I'm at the junction of training where I either keep poisoning or replace it with discord. I was just going to replace poisoning anyway and see what happens, but then thought it might save me some time if I asked first, rather than have to redo the pet/train another up.
Lots of questions.

-Aura of Nausea doesn't work off the poisoning skill, the pets level of poisoning doesn't make it more or less effective.
-If your pet has poisoning and then you change it to something else, when pet dies it will lose 0.1 poisoning skill and can't raise it higher unless you switch back to poisoning.
-Poisoning is triggered randomly based on your pet hitting the mob, so if your pet has 100+ wrestling skill it will poison more often because it hits more often. It will also poison more often if it has less skills, for example, a pet with only poisoning will poison more often than a pet with poison and a bunch of other abilities.
-You may be able to go with "nausea + talon strike (or FWW) + discord", possibly, depends on the pet and what it starts with and how many points the pet has. Not sure if you'll be able to switch to discord after taking fww and nausea. Recommend you try it on test center first.

*Warning* In my experience aura of nausea is not a good ability. It has a very high mana cost of 100 mana per use. The range is pretty good, but I really couldn't tell any difference with the mobs. You would think it would be easy to tell that your pet is hitting the mobs easier or they're hitting the pet less, but I didn't see any noticeable difference.

Shannow

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I hear what your saying about it not being directly linked to poisoning, but to add it to a pet you have to take up poisoning for it to appear as a choice. So I figured poisoning level might play a part in the abilities effectiveness.
I havent done much testing yet, but against an evil arch mage I believe the mage is casting less frequently or at least more slowly. But I could be imagining it.
I also hear your point about needing tonnes of mana regen.
Anyway, the idea behind the build is to nerf the heck out of tough mobs, making them weak useless critters. Just an idea that might work/might not, but I'll find out either way.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
-If your pet has poisoning and then you change it to something else, when pet dies it will lose 0.1 poisoning skill and can't raise it higher unless you switch back to poisoning.
-Poisoning is triggered randomly based on your pet hitting the mob, so if your pet has 100+ wrestling skill it will poison more often because it hits more often. It will also poison more often if it has less skills, for example, a pet with only poisoning will poison more often than a pet with poison and a bunch of other abilities.
-The only way to gain Poisoning skill after swapping from Poison to another Magic, is if the pet has Poison Breath or Venomous Bite. I trained a Dread Spider to GM Poisoning and gave it Poison Breath before swapping it to Necromage (which removes Poisoning). When it dies and loses 0.1 Poisoning skill, it has to use Poison Breath to re-gain it, and even then it can take awhile.
-Poison used to be a random proc upon any melee hit (why a Rune Beetle was able to land Poison+Bleed at same time before), and didn't consume Mana then. Now though after Pub 97 (Pet Revamp), the pet actually has to toggle Infectious Strike to deliver Poison, which consumes Mana (and the more abilities they know, the less frequently they'll toggle it). Poisoning above 100.0 (which only the Rune Beetle has) has zero effect on the frequency or potency of the Poison.

Aura of Nausea consumes way too much Mana for the short duration that it has.

Shannow

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
-The only way to gain Poisoning skill after swapping from Poison to another Magic, is if the pet has Poison Breath or Venomous Bite. I trained a Dread Spider to GM Poisoning and gave it Poison Breath before swapping it to Necromage (which removes Poisoning). When it dies and loses 0.1 Poisoning skill, it has to use Poison Breath to re-gain it, and even then it can take awhile.
-Poison used to be a random proc upon any melee hit (why a Rune Beetle was able to land Poison+Bleed at same time before), and didn't consume Mana then. Now though after Pub 97 (Pet Revamp), the pet actually has to toggle Infectious Strike to deliver Poison, which consumes Mana (and the more abilities they know, the less frequently they'll toggle it). Poisoning above 100.0 (which only the Rune Beetle has) has zero effect on the frequency or potency of the Poison.

Aura of Nausea consumes way too much Mana for the short duration that it has.
So if I have aura of nausea + poisoning, I will poison a target on a melee hit randomly. Poison level determined by level of poisoning skill?
The affect of aura of nausea is the same regardless of what poisoning level the pet has. Also it will still work regardless of whether or not the pet even has any poisoning skill at all?
So in theory, now my pet has aura of nausea, if I overwrite poisoning, it makes no difference to aura of nausea? The only thing I will lose is the ability to poison targets on a random melee hit?

And yes I still hear you regards the mana loadings.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So if I have aura of nausea + poisoning, I will poison a target on a melee hit randomly. Poison level determined by level of poisoning skill?
The affect of aura of nausea is the same regardless of what poisoning level the pet has. Also it will still work regardless of whether or not the pet even has any poisoning skill at all?
So in theory, now my pet has aura of nausea, if I overwrite poisoning, it makes no difference to aura of nausea? The only thing I will lose is the ability to poison targets on a random melee hit?

And yes I still hear you regards the mana loadings.
The Poison level that a pet inflicts is determined by it's Poisoning skill. If i remember correctly, 99.0+ is required for Lethal Poison (Lvl 5), which is the highest level Poison. A Rune Beetle with 126.0 Poisoning (the max they can have after tame) will not inflict higher than Lethal Poison.
Aura of Nausea should work fine even without the Poison skill on a pet.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
As far as I can tell there's no discernible benefit to having poisoning greater than 100, besides pet losing 0.1 upon death and it still does level 5.

I recently trained up poisoning on Gregorio and the pet didn't apply level 5 poison until it got to 100.