• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed August 18th 9pm EST – The Champion of Siege, 2017

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Take a stick. No, the big one over there -thaaat’s the one. Now, see your friend over there? Currently looking out the window? Quietly sneak up behind him, and whack him over the head with your stick.

What do you mean, you don’t want to? What are you doing on Siege, anyway? Wimp!

This weekend, by popular request, there will be a PvP tournament.

The rules are pretty simple:

• No pets. Not even in the audience. There is a stable at the Bull Ring nearby if you need to stable your pets.
  • No tag-teaming.
  • This is one-on-one. No gank squads allowed. No zergs.
  • Summons ARE allowed.
  • No audience “assistance”.
  • Cursing (medieval style), insults, and the use of UO Curse (if you still have a copy), are mandatory.
  • Any weapons, potions, spells, and other gear is allowed. If you’ve got it, flaunt it. This is an “anything goes” PvP tournament.
  • When I say “anything goes” that does not include non-combatant PKing, looting, stealing, or general disruption of the event. Those things will get you booted, and no, I won’t listen to whining in GC after you’ve been booted. This is your only warning.

How this works:

Based on the poll I ran through July, this event will start at 9 pm EST. It will run until we have a champion.

If you can’t make it at that time, or can only stay for an hour, please don’t sign up. Rather come along and support from the audience.

If you can take part, and want to, please sign up below, stating your character’s name. I don’t need to know your skill-set, but you are welcome to state it if you want to.

I will put all names into a hat, and draw them out in twos. That will form the basis for round one of the contest.

If you are not present when your name is called, you forfeit the round, and are out of the competition. Sorry.

If you have to leave – no matter how good a reason you have – you are out of the competition. Sorry.

The winners of round one will go back into the hat, and be drawn out in twos. And so on, and so on, until last man (or woman!) standing.

That champion will get their name on a really nice trophy, to be displayed at the EM Hall for a while, and then on permanent display at the reward hall.

Other things you need to know

This will take place outside of a guard zone.

It will take place in the arena of the Black Watch Barracks. If you haven’t seen this, there is a gate to it outside the EM Hall in Britain. This building is NOT in a guard zone.

If the building proves to be unsuitable for any reason, we will relocate to one of the public arenas.

Gates will appear at the usual places, an hour before the event.

Good luck, and may the best fighter (or the sneakiest) win!

Continue reading...

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
summons allowed...guess that will exclude most dexxer templates then and result in mystic mages with weaving duels...

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
then again with the z-axis bug pixies might not even work...

somehow I have to think of how Kuzan tried to host a pvp tournament and had little to no idea what that involved... good luck!

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cant believe only 2 have have signed up,such egos here you'd think there would be more......

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have nothing to prove with PvP except that I am very bad with PvP if I was on a super PC with lighting connection and had the reflexes of a teenager.

Forsaken

Journeyman
I don't really check SP forums much anymore, so I didn't know about this until Arnold PM'd me a screen shot of his statue, lol.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish I could have been there! I am a legend at PvP! Why, just last night, thinking myself safe in my home, I found myself surrounded by warriors - beset from every side! I grabbed my mace, and started swinging! I heard the crunch of bones breaking, and the thudding sound of bodies falling to the ground all about me! I did not stop there - I pounded my enemies into the ground! No quarter! No mercy!

Sadly, while I was locked in battle, it seems some brigand took advantage of the distraction and robbed me. I cannot find any of my furniture this morning, and someone seems to have covered the floor with sawdust. Can someone suggest a good cleaning service?