• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Auction Safe Vet Reward

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I picked one of these up to test it out. Firstly I was really disappointed that you couldn't set an auction for like 2-5 mins, that would of allowed it to be used at player run auctions, the minimum auction time of 1 hour makes it hopeless for that use.

I set it up and put an item on for a starting price of 90k. Logged in my second account and went over and bid 100k on the item, it took 100k out of the chars bank, but the safe still showed current gold bid at 90k, it seems the first 'bid' has to be 90k or it doesn't register the next bid if it is higher. I guess the only way to tell if yours is the first bid is to check the history, you would need to be 2nd on the history list to be the first bidder as the owner shows set up price as first in the history.

Waited the hour and 90 k was deposited into the 'seller account'.

Checked the 'buyers' account and seems the amount charged in the end was 94,992. I am gonna have to do it again as I can't make 'sense' of the figures.

What exactly are the 'fees' and who incurs them, the buyer or seller? It was not a 'buy out' so the 5% shouldn't apply. Is there a 'fee' if an item sells without being a buy out? Why did my 'buyer' pay more than the 90k that it said the current bid was?

Anyone else tested this out to see exactly who gets charged what, and when you get charged?