• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attn: Treasure Hunters (and those in training)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My character Gamlin is the shard Guildmaster for Treasure Hunters of Britannia, and has been for around a decade or more.

I would like to advise those of you seeking resources of the location of the THB Guildhouse.

The Guildhouse is located in Trammel, next to the Crossroads of Compassion (the junction of the road that runs north from Britain through the swamp, with the road that runs from Yew to Vesper & Minoc).

Resources available there are:

• Public lockpicking training boxes of multiple levels, ranging from the minimum to make a locked box, to GM Tinker.
  • Two sets of the now-superceded rune books for the old fixed Treasure Map locations in Trammel & Felucca. One uses the THB numbering system, the other uses the Goodman's numbering system. While the map locations are no longer valid, they remain great as shortcuts to many of the regions of the two shards, especially the islands (as, when I moved the runes to runic atlases to save space in the house, I added the island names to the runes on islands for the THB Trammel set).
  • An alacrity scroll book with Cartography, Remove Trap, and Lockpicking scrolls. I'm not sure 100% if non-owners can pull them out, so if you need any and can't get the book to drop them out, give me a yell. Just don't take more than 1 or 2 at a time.
  • There is also a standard crystal portal for traveling to moongates and banks, and a Moonstone for travel to points in Eodon. I plan on adding a corrupted portal eventually, as well as the other travel items that they mentioned for possible anniversary or vet rewards.
  • If someone wants to set up a vendor there for treasure hunting or fishing related stuff (maps, special loot, etc.) I will probably set up the rental vendor for free - you just have to keep it up.

Oh, and I'm currently trying to do all my treasure maps from lowest to highest, and only have level 5 & 7 maps left. I will probably need some assistance with the level 5s, at least (my last Tokuno map was in the middle of multiple rune beetles in addition to the stuff from the chest, and was an adventure just getting to the point of popping the chest - and the Ter Mur level 5s I have are not only in difficult terrain, those maps spawn Maddening Horrors). Anyone willing to go along on the digs I have left in Ter Mur (and probably Trammel as well) are welcome, and you can keep what you loot from the spawn.
When I get up to my level 7s (and level 6s that might come from the level 5 chests), there will of course also be taming opportunities.

Last edited:

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I used your guild house to builder my treasure hunter, now working on my thief. ☺ It is an Invaluable training spot. I've included a rune there in both the treasure hunter and thief training rune books. There are also runes in the player center and historic libraries.
Group treasure hunts are a blast. I've got several higher maps that I'll gives you next time I run into you

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just ask in-game for Basara or Mylene in General Chat. I'm usually on afternoons and evenings.