• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attention Worldwide Testers!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Attention Worldwide Testers! The Beta Test starting 2/28 is designed to stress test the North American Megaserver. We’d love for you to join us, but if you have the EU beta client installed, please visit this article for instructions on quickly switching to the NA Megaserver:https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5836

So anyone playing from the EU will have to change there set up to the USA or it wont work.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beta Session 0.171 Patch Notes said:
The Elder Scrolls Online v0.171 focuses on stability at high peak user load as we prep for launch day.

Please be aware that this is not the build currently on our PTS that has been in the news recently. That version is still in testing and is being refined on our PTS server before it is ready for a mass test. This test focuses on the overall stability of the game’s underlying infrastructure. Our goal for this test is to have very short – or no – login queues and to have an overall smooth user experience for our worldwide audience.

Here’s a brief overview of what awaits you in this test:
  • Continue your characters from v0.17.
  • Play through level 1-17 content for all three alliances.
  • Create up to eight characters, increased from four.
  • Fight for your alliance by participating in the Alliance War in Cyrodiil.

During this test, you will have access to the following areas:
  • Khenarthi’s Roost
  • Auridon
  • Stros M’Kai
  • Betnikh
  • Glenumbra
  • Bleakrock Isle
  • Bal Foyen
  • Stonefalls
  • Cyrodiil

TEST GOALS

For this test, we have a few goals we’d like you to try to reach while playing the game.
  • Attain level 10 on at least one character.
  • Reach Rank 10 in any crafting skill.
  • Find and complete at least one group dungeon.
  • Travel to Cyrodiil and participate in the Alliance War.

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
  • Fixes for game stability at scale
From the patch number, you will encounter most (if not all) bugs from the previous beta test. Tips for new testers:
- /reloadui is your best friend. You'll get stuck at the end of many conversations and this will take you out of it. Same helps, when your stuck on crafting, too.
- The main quest is stuck at around lvl 10. At that point you have to enter a portal into an area, that is not part of the testing.
- There is no level cap. Only that you dont get story quests higher as 17. You still can get beyond that by massively playing pvp (AvA) in Cyrodiil. Highest chars last beta already were 23. (Maybe even higher, but 23 was the highest, I ve seen.)

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just as a reminder... Launch the ESO Patcher from time to time. Just because a beta isn't announced yet, doesn't mean they aren't updating the Beta version of the game.

I am currently patching a 2.2gb update for the game. This is the Beta version, not the PTS version.

I suspect another beta is coming in 2 weeks.

TQQdles™

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Attention Worldwide Testers! The Beta Test starting 2/28 is designed to stress test the North American Megaserver. We’d love for you to join us, but if you have the EU beta client installed, please visit this article for instructions on quickly switching to the NA Megaserver:https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5836

So anyone playing from the EU will have to change there set up to the USA or it wont work.
I wonder if we NA players will have to do the same thing when the Devs want to stress test the EU Megaserver? Here's hoping! -)

TQQdles™

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if we NA players will have to do the same thing when the Devs want to stress test the EU Megaserver? Here's hoping! -)

TQQdles™
Just loaded up the client and I too am patching :)

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, they've added another 1.4 gigs onto the Patcher...currently the full patch is around 3.8gigs! -)

TQQdles™

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, they've added another 1.4 gigs onto the Patcher...currently the full patch is around 3.8gigs! -)

TQQdles™
Yeah i started patching last night and left it patching when i went to bed. All patched now :)

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So as a test (imagine that...from a tester!), I changed my ESO folder's name to "Elder Scrolls Online (EU)" which was the reverse of what the European version of the ESO testers/players were told.

Results: The North America (NA) beta version of the game is currently patching the whole game again. I have the settings for European (EU) server but it defaults to NA server.

No worries, I will soon have all 3 versions...NA & EU betas and the Public Test Server (PTS).

Now if I can get the private beta server, I would have a set...and a reason to get 2 more hard drives to add to my RAID system!

Yeah...RAID instead of SSDs...because when I got this system, SSDs were still way over priced! -)

TQQdles™

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got a SSD drive in my new system and i still think they are over priced :(

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ESO added another 4.9gigs of downloads to be patched. So far, this patch is equaling 21.8gigs original client + 3.8 gigs additional content + now 4.9 gigs additional somethings = 30.5gigs total.

This means when it is done, I have to patch the EU version to get that additional content. I should be done by April 5th! -)

TQQdles™

kulder

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then you'll be late for the party, I'll save you some pancakes :pancakes: