• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attention to Detail! UO is Looking Pretty Awesome.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So I've been running around doing my thing...can't help but notice the new details in the world! Go to the bank, and there are bills of sale and financial records and such on the desks and tables!

This has happened all OVER the world, and not just at the banks. The list of changes I've seen would be endless, but wanted to take the time to say:

NICE JOB! :thumbsup:

It's appreciated.

Cheers!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I've been running around doing my thing...can't help but notice the new details in the world! Go to the bank, and there are bills of sale and financial records and such on the desks and tables!

This has happened all OVER the world, and not just at the banks. The list of changes I've seen would be endless, but wanted to take the time to say:

NICE JOB! :thumbsup:

It's appreciated.

Cheers!
Probably EM related.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Probably EM related.
Some EM decorating is better than others. I'm rather unhappy about some of it. Not referring to whatever is specifically happening lately with the OP. But some of the stuff I've been tolerating for awhile. We have a piano and a couple of fire colored plants outside the bank in Trinsic on Legends and I cringe every time I see it. I see zero need for a piano at the bank. lol Especially one sitting out in the weather ;) Meanwhile... There's an empty undecorated building right next to it. Also next to the piano is a guillotine. I asked about it and I guess it was because the last piano player wasn't very good. Ok it's mildly funny for a few seconds, but a year later the joke has well worn off. I'm really a Trinsic guy, always have been, I see it as a perversion ;) Wanted to run for Governor just to see if I could get rid of that thing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I prefer the updated looks.... and adding stuff to the lands to make it look more aesthetically pleasing... the blah blankness of the land bothers me.

But then I would like to see the seasons change in game each month..... spring, summer, fall and winter each lasting approx 1 week.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some EM decorating is better than others. I'm rather unhappy about some of it. Not referring to whatever is specifically happening lately with the OP. But some of the stuff I've been tolerating for awhile. We have a piano and a couple of fire colored plants outside the bank in Trinsic on Legends and I cringe every time I see it. I see zero need for a piano at the bank. lol Especially one sitting out in the weather ;) Meanwhile... There's an empty undecorated building right next to it. Also next to the piano is a guillotine. I asked about it and I guess it was because the last piano player wasn't very good. Ok it's mildly funny for a few seconds, but a year later the joke has well worn off. I'm really a Trinsic guy, always have been, I see it as a perversion ;) Wanted to run for Governor just to see if I could get rid of that thing.

If you think that's bad, come see Brit bank on Napa Valley.

Not only is the design absolutely hideous, whoever carried out the winner's layout was drunk. There are missing tiles to some of the deco. The two cannons on top of the roof aren't even lined up straight. Random plants are strewn about look terrible and some are in the middle of the street. We're missing one of the doors to the bank.

Did I mention the blood leaking down the side of the building from the roof? Apparently the pointless splash of blood on the ground in front of the bank wasn't enough random stupidity.

The "winner" of this design (Maiden Millie...whoever you are) and the GM who placed it should both be fed to Exodus.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhm... All but two banks were done by Mesanna. No GMs or EMs were involved in that process.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Uhm... All but two banks were done by Mesanna. No GMs or EMs were involved in that process.
If memory serves, wasn't there a decorating contest for the banks? I thought I remember there being one (and it would follow that Mesanna used those winning design ideas as a blueprint).

Cheers

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
carpets need to go at luna bank atlantic. they look terrible, patterns and colors dont line up and are even missing pieces. putting the white in the middle is bad enough, but even the reds dont match (2 different hues) whoever did it must be colorblind, drunk, or under the age of 5. the unfinished looking perfect straight lines created in the middle sections (different color/pattern) are a basic no-no to any experienced uo decorator, or any game designer in general.

If these carpets arent fixed soon, ill probably have to quit playing UO. its just too much of an eyesore for me.

crappy carpet.png

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah there are a ton of EM, GM, Mesanna done deco around banks and even in the middle of no where (old em events) that dont belong. I would say someone needs to take the time to go deleting these things. UO needs some interns to do the boring work the Staff obviously doesnt have time to do themselves.

I will say i like the addition of all the timer deco they have been doing lately. Stuff that disappears automatically is a really cool addition and im glad they have started using it more.

Also every brit bank needs to be redesigned or back to the old design. I would love to see the brit bank designs be a yearly contest. I personally love design contests and have always thought they were an easy way to get people involved in a bit of community.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
carpets need to go at luna bank atlantic. they look terrible, patterns and colors dont line up and are even missing pieces. putting the white in the middle is bad enough, but even the reds dont match (2 different hues) whoever did it must be colorblind, drunk, or under the age of 5. the unfinished looking perfect straight lines created in the middle sections (different color/pattern) are a basic no-no to any experienced uo decorator, or any game designer in general.

If these carpets arent fixed soon, ill probably have to quit playing UO. its just too much of an eyesore for me.

View attachment 38531
Ha, I doubt if you'll quit UO over carpets - bank at new haven - but they do look bad - and who would cover a clean marble floor with a filthy carpet?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is no overriding reason to delete left over event/plotline decor. They help keep the shards from being visually boring, cookie cutteresque, and historyless. It causes people to ask questions and maybe even have a little thrill of discovery when they run across something unknown to them, something this 18yo game sorely needs.

Sure, a few of the Britain bank remodels are completely hideous, or have been ripped apart and never fixed. I'm thinking of Great Lakes specifically...dear God that design is unattractive. But it was the only design submitted for the contest. :oops:

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
There is no overriding reason to delete left over event/plotline decor. They help keep the shards from being visually boring, cookie cutteresque, and historyless. It causes people to ask questions and maybe even have a little thrill of discovery when they run across something unknown to them, something this 18yo game sorely needs.

Sure, a few of the Britain bank remodels are completely hideous, or have been ripped apart and never fixed. I'm thinking of Great Lakes specifically...dear God that design is unattractive. But it was the only design submitted for the contest. :oops:
I do want to say that the old stuff from EM events and world events are left at whim, and removed at whim. It is because of this very fact that I have very sour feelings about the Governor system. Napa's Yew still had the wooden walls around the central part of the city when I was governor. I polled the citizens who wished to keep the wall - so I simply asked for it to be finished (and I believe the citizens would have helped to gather resources to do such). However, the King in all his wisdom had the wall removed and a useless, tiny little "office" put in its place.

But at least Yew (on all shards) finally got docks...

I digress.

Shard history is of little importance to the King and the godlings. What matters to them is far different than what shard citizens care about. It sullies the dedication of those who plan, work, dedicate and strive to keep the Spirit of Sosaria alive - particularly when they are told, "... it doesn't matter..."

A major contribution to my resigning the governorship, retiring from Napa activities and eventually moving from my home shard.

Yeah... bitter much - still.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree with @Kirthag and @Dot Warner... to remove all that removes the history from the shard... and if you remove all that well then I see no reason to continue to pay for my 13 accounts. Community is why I am here. GL's is my home and I treasure all the fond memories immortalized for hopefully decades to come as they linger on... so long as there are those on the shards that remember them they should stay... I see NO valid reason to go tearing everything down.

May as well all be like the trailerpark of Magincia then. Hideous...

There are things on everyshard that make them unique... losing that takes away a part of the community, discovery and the sense of belonging.... many of us feel a part of those things. We were there when they happened...

Infact I want there to be MORE things changed and added to the game to make the shards all very unique.

P.S. Stratics Mods and Ron.... WHAT IN THE HECK is up with the website... I make a post and my post is still in the chat box.... easy way to end up with 100 duplicate posts... I've duplicated at least 2x now because the text was still there and I didn't think it took!

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well since we on this subject, are we goin to get snow this year? kinda dissapointed it didnt snow last year.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well bank roofs and pianos at the bank aren't "history". Avalon is the best EM ever. But I'd rather remember her by a plaque on the wall than a hideous piano thing. Should she ever leave :)