• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attention to all thieves:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not with a single account. You need a second account to have a house on a production server and on Siege (unless you have a grandfathered house)...la

A

Azureal

Not with a single account. You need a second account to have a house on a production server and on Siege (unless you have a grandfathered house)...la
Ahh, so placing a house on Siege will condemn all of your (non-grandfathered) houses on other shards.

Bugger.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nuts. I hate living out of the bank. Suppose it'd be worse if i could have more then one char.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*clap, clap, clapping...* Nice code. Not enforcible, but nice code.
I like this. Good luck on the guilds.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh, so placing a house on Siege will condemn all of your (non-grandfathered) houses on other shards.

Bugger.

Yes it would, don't let that stop you from playing the shard. Especially as a thief.

It's easy to live out of a bank. I used to have to when I played Atlantic. I never owned a house until I was given one by a retiring guildmate. That was three years living out of the bank. It just meant, i had to keep sorting through things and only keeping the good stuff. You can also sell the items you aquire, and bank them, then write a check for the gold and keep it in your pack since checks are blessed...(which they shouldn't be)...la

A

Azureal

The way youve talked about it, Im pretty keen to give it a go actually.

Now, cause I want to do it right, suggested starting skills? Im thinking Magery and Stealing. Can possibly buy Lumberjacking (I hear its a good way to earn coin early on, making arrows and bolts).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can't buy skills on Siege, what you don't start with you train from 0

can't sell to npcs either, or buy resources from them.

A

Azureal

Yeah, I knew the second part, didnt realise about the skills...hmm...now its even tougher to decide!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been back for about a week and I've seen 1 person steal anything on pacific and it was a sigil. He was completely confounded when i joined factions stole the sigil back and accused me of cheating. Apparently, since this guy started playing he had never run in to another faction thief ever and didn't realize that other factions had the chance to steal sigils back for a limited time.

he actually got a good laugh when my thief suddenly busted out his lrc gear and started pking people at yew gate too.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way youve talked about it, Im pretty keen to give it a go actually.

Now, cause I want to do it right, suggested starting skills? Im thinking Magery and Stealing. Can possibly buy Lumberjacking (I hear its a good way to earn coin early on, making arrows and bolts).
Think out your whole template first, then I can give advice. As already mentioned, you can't buy skills on Siege, so there are a few you want to have close to 50 to start...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been back for about a week and I've seen 1 person steal anything on pacific and it was a sigil. He was completely confounded when i joined factions stole the sigil back and accused me of cheating. Apparently, since this guy started playing he had never run in to another faction thief ever and didn't realize that other factions had the chance to steal sigils back for a limited time.

he actually got a good laugh when my thief suddenly busted out his lrc gear and started pking people at yew gate too.
Yeah, this guild is setup for Siege, since there is no insurance, we can actually steal things from other players (I know, shocking)...la

L

Limlight

Oh, joy....40 more bodies stealth blocking everywhere for the ganking reds....lol

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty much Limlight,

Try walking around luna bank on Siege sometime, you'll run into 10 or more hidden people depending on the time of day.

T

The Sandman

I'm wanta join!!!

sounds like fun :gee:

DJ Sandman
Whispering Rose Radio

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, joy....40 more bodies stealth blocking everywhere for the ganking reds....lol

You act as though blocking isn't a good way to kill other players. LOL, it's actually tough keeping up with a mounted character (while not in some ninja form) to stay behind them whan they are fighting monsters. It is also tough to make sure you don't give your self away, as most players will leave the scene if they catch onto the fact that someone is in the same area as they are.

It's also fun to have dectect hidden to reveal players who use hiding to get away from monsters, lol. I get all kinds of loot from players who thought they had gotten away...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty much Limlight,

Try walking around luna bank on Siege sometime, you'll run into 10 or more hidden people depending on the time of day.
Yep, one of the perks to having detect hidden. I find all sorts of marks who think their packs are safe...la

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm almost to GM lockpicking...I hear with pub 55 they are going to allow us to unlock items from player homes...la
LOL...took a trip to Rico's Happy Thieves' Dream Land, did you? :p

Btw, are you making a guild house for your den of thieves?

-Skylark

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have my tower right outside the front gate of Cove. I would love to buy the house right across the street, but I can't find the owner of the Maragold account to even ask. :( Then I could make a proper thief town...la

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have my tower right outside the front gate of Cove. I would love to buy the house right across the street, but I can't find the owner of the Maragold account to even ask. :( Then I could make a proper thief town...la
Well, Maragold shows as an active char on Siege in uo.com, so that is a good sign. You might try dropping books with a note & your contact info in front of the house each day. The books will not decay for nearly 3 hours - perhaps you will get lucky.

Oh...and while you are dreaming of creating your thief empire, if you want something productive to do, you could stealth into Deceit and fetch me a few covered barrels. I'll pay you 50K each for them.

Room north of Bone Magi in Deceit (Levels 1 & 2)
UOAM (1st lvl): x5193, y587
UOAM (2nd lvl): x5302, y593

They spawn once per day.

:D

-Skylark

B

Bluebottle

Hmmm - my Siege character Lister was originally set up as a chest picker/thief but found he was much more useful as a hidden stash point character in order to stealthily extract loot from dungeons if my alt was killed! He was also very handy at popping up and doing a disarm/random-steal (no snooping), even if it didn't net the formerly weilded weapon I sometimes got away with some decent loot or gold.

I popped his GM stealing on a soulstone. Currently owns a log cabin. Not scrolled at all but current skills are:

Stealing 100 (stashed on Soulstone)

Lockpicking 100
Stealth 100
Hiding 100
Remove Trap 100
Mace 93.3
Tactics 78.5
Detect 50

Working on increasing Tactics to 90 so he can go back to disarming while weilding his mace

Alas no snooping :( Any use to the guild? Right now he seems more set up for factions work :)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry folks, took the night off, so I have some messages to return.

Yeah, I'd think factions would be a good fit for that character. I do require GM snooping for a thief to enter the S|S. Nothing yells newb thief more than getting spotted snooping over and over and over.

Let me make this clear, this guild is not for the supposed "leg humpers" (not intended to be directed at anyone in this thread)...la

V

Vex

I'm so excited to see people continue to reply to this thread. I've been working like a madwoman on my skills and am now finally into ROT on most of them. I'd like to pull up that Guild roster and see more people on to talk to! It's lonely training training training skills and I need to learn the thieving techniques! I need guildies to practice on! C'mon and join! Never having played on Siege, I'm having a blast!

What kind of skill do I need to get those barrells? I have 71 steal, so I may be able to get them for you? Plus, I need gold badly!

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What kind of skill do I need to get those barrells? I have 71 steal, so I may be able to get them for you? Plus, I need gold badly!
As far as I know, you just need to be able to survive to reach the barrels before anyone else after they spawn at server up each day. They are a "daily rare" item, so they will respawn the next day if someone claims them.

-Skylark

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what her question meant was...how much do the barrels weight. Our sucess rate is based on the weight of the object. If her stealing skill is less than 80 she would not have any sucess if she attempted to steal 9 to 12 stone items...la

V

Vex

Yup, I was wondering the weight to know if it was do-able at 71 Stealing. What time is server up? I would not mind dying a few times for 50k gold if I could get the barrels.