• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attention!! Rules Concerning Posting about "Possible Scripters" READ ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ok Guys, more and more posts are starting to pop up again about possible scripters ingame.

Petra and I have been trying to come up with a way for the community to vent/try to prevent thru a GM etc. concerning scripters without the following occuring:

1. Naming names... I know this is difficult however, it does break the ROC as a personal attack as ok yes the chances are the person is scripting however there is always that chance (no matter how small) they are not and if they don't post on the forum they have no chance to defend themselves and even at that the thread would more then likely go to the dogs. I know everyone doesn't really understand that but even if I don't like what is happening in UO, Stratics ROC is still in place and it's my job to make sure it's followed.

2. Posting about how the game now sux and how this one is doing this wrong and this one is in a guild with a possible scripter and they now are scum because they know the other person (this is an example) Mainly my point becomes argueing/trolling etc instead of discussion.

3. Ok so while I am a member of Stratics staff, and we do have a link in a way with EA, it doesn't mean I always like what they do... I totally hate what is happening to the game I once dearly loved playing and had such a great time doing it. I am not a developer and I have no clue on if or even how EA could stop scripters however, bashing them is a No-No.... again it falls under personal attacks and to be honest, all the yelling in the world is going to get you nowhere at this point, I think EA has enough issues right now, scripters sadly enough is not at the top of the totem pole.

Soooooo, having said all this..... Pay very close attention to the following as it is the only way I can come up with this community maintaining trying to keep "scripting" down on Europa and yet stay within the ROC Stratics has set forth.

1. There is to be no posting of character names who you believe and or know is scripting. (We do have a PM system, ya'll are going to have to use it)

2. I am going to allow this community to do what they feel they must (and I am hoping it's call a GM unless in Fel
)
Any post concerning a possible scripter should be as follows:

Post Name= Something along the lines of " Scripting happening again" or " Bad things going on in *name of place* .

In your post, I want as little detail on the forum as possible... You CAN name the location however in order for your fellow boardies to find out the name they will have to PM or ICQ (message system of some kind) to get that information. If your posting it on the forum, it would mean your online and usually your fellow boardies always keep the forum open in the background of playing UO to keep up with anything going on with Europa.

I hope I didn't leave anything out... I know everyone is truly tired of this kind of thing but truly guys with everything going on with EA, I believe you could yell, scream and kick till your blue in the face and pass out and for right now GM's ingame are your only way of dealing.

I don't mind ya'll venting, however I do not want to see 10 posts concerning the same thing. And above anything else, I do not want fussing/argueing or trolling. If there is a thread up with someone venting about the things going on such as this, post your vent your there, I promise the little fire icon will come up, the post will always move the thread back to the top of the forum and it will be read.

We are going to try this but I will be keeping a very close eye on this... I do not want to take this away but I expect no less then for everyone to follow the ROC as well as respect the fact I am allowing everyone this right but I expect some respect my way too.

Ok, Let's try this

FB

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
great news

does that mean i can ressurect me script police theme again

hopefully no naming and flaming like the last

can i post a piccy of location so others can go see too, like i did the last time?

sadly i could not control or stop the flaming of our friend, who was not even anything to do with the original post!

G

Great news i think the uo police post was wicked.....and plz allow piccies with no names of course....the piccies may shame the culprits... and co-ords are so awkward to find!!!

Trouble is it was wrecked by the people it was hurting.... that is peeps started to name names on purpose just the break the ROC on purpose and thus closing the post!!

Maybe if u use a system were u or other mods have to authorize the post thus checking no names have been named first b4 its published to the board would work better, then noone can purposely try to close the post as they are feeling threatend by it!!!!

G

I think Firebird wanted to avoid piccies of the characters.

How about automap piccie (You can crop to that in MS Paint I assume?) or you can find co-ordinates by using Stratics zoomable map? If you've never tried using it, you should. It's a very useful resource.
http://uo.stratics.com/content/atlas/zoommap/main.php

Drop down menu at the bottom for different facets.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what i wanted to do was post a piccy and location

no names, i can photoshop them out

soooooooooooooooooo, the only peeps who will know the "suspect" will be themselves and hopefully guildmates and guild leaders, them internal deiscipline can be dished out,

i want to only post when i am 100% sure i know what i am looking at is not legit, and only then

i am NOT interested in flaming, accusations etc, just post what i see and let those in the know decide for themselves

G

How about 'no paper dolls'?

We really want to avoid cases of 'mistaken identity'.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hello u

well the paperdolls are essential, so players that know the culprit can icq challenge etc, also guildmates,leaders can see its "them"

i will photoshop out names, titles etc, so only the people who know them can act

G

No paperdoll pics posted to the forum, name edited out or not.

Again you can upload any pic you want to a seperate account, aka photobucket etc. and use your PM system or icq to have those that want to see the pic of the char.

As Petra said, you can use the automap co-ords pics, no problem.

We are trying here but we are going to be very careful on what is and is not allowed.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reading this post brings to mind an occasion - couple years ago now - when I made a post on this and the UOHall forum regarding a group who were scripting.

The method I used was to simply describe the odd happenings in the form of a story. I accused nobody, I named nobody, I simply described the events I observed. Using the intelligence of the forum readers there was no need to.

People understood what was being described and within the circle of people who were concerned they knew to whom it referred. Within the framework of the story I was also able to post pics of the odd occurence.

These posts were never locked or deleted, why should they be? nobody was named or accused of anything. I do not know if the parties concerned ever read the posts but if they did they had no grounds for complaint but they knew damn well it was them being descibed.

I only post this to highlight the fact that there are often more ways than one to skin a cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.