• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attention Mesanna & Co. please, PLease, PLEASE get rid of that account Mgmt. system

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am begging and pleading with you to please ditch the current account mgmt. system. It is completely user unfriendly, and getting support is like juggling flaming torches while riding a unicycle on a high wire. If my bank can make it both simple and secure to bank online, then why can't we have a simple system. It is impossible to do simple tasks like update your credit card. Customers should not have to beg a company to take their money. Also while we're at it can we please have our own store like they have on Sims3.com?
The origin store is a steaming pile of what my horse does in his stall. I am speaking from my bad past experiences and on behalf of those continuing to experience the same problems with both of these.
Fix this and I promise you will see an increase in revenue.

Thank you

Jirel

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Long ago I went to Game Time Codes. I recommend them to everyone. It's the best way to get around their system. At the end of each year I buy 2 6-month codes per account and load them up. Then I don't have to even think about it for a year.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gametime codes for UO gold is the way to....ive wasted enough real money already..time to spend the ingame gold with the time we have left

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Long ago I went to Game Time Codes. I recommend them to everyone. It's the best way to get around their system. At the end of each year I buy 2 6-month codes per account and load them up. Then I don't have to even think about it for a year.
I've been thinking about doing this, Amex is good for another 4 years. I'm just disgusted at seeing so many people have the same trouble over and over. When it could be easily over hauled to something like banking works. Okay I can have 7 accts at Bank of Oklahoma. Let's say I have 2 checking, 2 savings, a money market, home equity loan, and an auto loan. I log in with one user name and password I can then transfer money from Checking #1 to pay on auto loan, or transfer $500 bucks from savings #2 to money market. UO billing should be like this! All accounts managed under one user name and password like now but with the ease of online banking. Does anyone get what I'm saying, or am I in babbling loony land.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...... Does anyone get what I'm saying, or am I in babbling loony land.
I'm sure everyone understands what you're saying, and equally sure that anyone who has had to make any changes to the account mgmt system or make purchases at the Origin store agrees with you wholeheartedly.
Unfortunately, since EA is still in charge of all things revenue related - there's nothing Broadsword can do.
And EA never has, and most likely never will, pay attention to these issues. So save your breath. :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do what I did and write the CEO's of EA. Tell them exactly what you think of it. Tell that you would love to give them money but their system is such a forking mess you can't. Tell them how they are missing out on hundreds of thousands of dollars because their account mismanagement system is driving away customers.

But I will warn you they will want names, dates, times and such of who you spoke to when you spoke to them ... how you contacted support. What exactly happened.

I made a list of over 40 posts from stratics and I'm talking about 40 different threads started on Stratics in just 3 months time of troubles with accounts, billing and the Origin store. I sent them direct links and said look.... it's BROKEN fix it.

I got about 6 emails from the head of PR for the CEO's... Kyle Cooper I believe his name was. Very nice fellow. Anyway didn't seem to do much as I just got billed again last month from Switzerland this time. Usually it's the Netherlands. So once again I had to tell my CC company that NO it's not fraud.... Yes I really did mean to charge that.... and PLEASE don't freeze my freaking account all weekend again.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I honestly don't know how so many people have so much trouble with the Account Management page. It works fine every time I log in, and I have multiple accounts open.
I don't have problems with the page myself. My friend had trouble because when he went to link his account to the master accounts it for some reason decided that all his UO accounts were now DAoC accounts... he never was able to get that settled... After at least 3months of trying to contact customer support he told me it was obvious to him that he's not meant to return.... told me to have a nice life and he'd not bother ****ing with EA anymore EVER. I can't say as I blame him. (Even tried contacting Mesanna but since he's a trucker and on the road all the time he really didn't have time to wait around for her to call him back.) At any rate he'll never return to UO.

Also... another friend had problems because everytime he put in his CC info it told him it was already in use. Which it wasn't. Wasn't his problem... it was the web page. He got extremely frustrated and gave up and resorted to buying the gametime cards... but since he had multiple accounts and not multiple CC's or emails he got mad because it would only let him buy one at a time and then Origin website told him he'd have to wait 30 days to buy another... almost lost a house over it. Again he was extremely angry and wanted to quit.

Had another friend who kept trying to link her accounts was successful with 3 but the 4th told her it was a DAoC account.... neither she nor my other friend ever played DAoC... she was angry as well ..... tried calling customer support but they told her they don't do UO and she'd have to use the website to contact UO. She couldn't get the website to work ..... it wouldn't let her get to the area where she could contact support. Infact it totally didn't show it at all. I'm assuming this had something to do with her web browser thinking it had "unsafe" content on it and was blocking it. I ended up going thru the website to contact customer support asking them to "call me"..... and then told them to call her. Giving them her number to call. This pissed them off at me. But I tried to explain the problem with her internet and all and they were pretty ticked off at me and told me never to do that again. They did finally call her... but I'm guessing it marked my account somehow. Anyway I decided after that ... that it's just not worth the bother trying to help anyone.

As for me..... I don't do anything wrong on their stinking site either yet 3 to 4 times a year they will attempt to bill my CC from some foreign country resulting in denial from my CC company and on a few occasions resulting in having my CC blocked an entire weekend so I can't get cash or buy anything or put gas in my car just because they can't seem to bill me from the country I live in. Even though CLEARLY on the website I live in the US.

So I'm happy for you that you don't have any of those issues. However a vast majority of other folk have had issues either in the past or present and to NO FAULT of their own.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Mesanna made a comment during the last live Stratics event about the account management system. She is well aware that it is not user friendly and mentioned making changes to it. No timeline was given. Paraphasing here.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have 2 accounts linked together. I opened a 3rd account with a 1 month game code but neglected to link it to the other accounts. Before I could do so, the month was up and I was unable to log into the account. I tried 6 times to find a way to buy more time for it. Nothing worked! I finally gave up and decided to let the account die. As a result I eventually lost a Fel Castle on Sonoma. But I learned something. Not to bother to open any more accounts! They are more trouble than they are worth if you ever have a problem, and the term "UO customer service" is an oxymoron. At least when the "Return to Brit." happens, if it ever does, I can clean everything off of those charactors.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Mesanna made a comment during the last live Stratics event about the account management system. She is well aware that it is not user friendly and mentioned making changes to it. No timeline was given. Paraphasing here.
Given that when we ARE given a timeframe we (by now) know that it will be much longer than stated, having NOT been given one in this case, I suspect that it will be far into the future before any changes are made!

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know two who held accounts, multiple accounts each, for years, one of them since 97. Both had mishaps where ccs should not have been declined and houses fell. I will never see either of those fellow adventurers in game again.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know two who held accounts, multiple accounts each, for years, one of them since 97. Both had mishaps where ccs should not have been declined and houses fell. I will never see either of those fellow adventurers in game again.
Stuff like this the Dev team needs to see! everyone jump in and post your stories, friends' stories, guild mates' stories and let them see how many accounts its costing them. Stupid stuff like this is what's really hurt UO the most over the years.

Faenwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I helped a lot of friends who came back to Play UO again after a break to sort out the new account Management. (some of them don‘t speak or write english so its even harder for them)

some had no trouble at all, but most of them had all kinds of trouble…
no idea how many hours I sat there writing mails to the Support, waiting for a response, tried to call EASupport with no luck at all, seems the only working number is an US number, I am from Europa.

And because all the sorting out takes time....a real long time … one has to be patient… real patient… hard for me even harder for someone who just wants to play again! Waiting a week… two… six… and longer… for some it‘s just to tiresome and they give up!

Well, seems like they don’t need more players else they whould change the whole messed up account management thing! Lucky that a lot of theUO players are devotet to the game!

In Austria we have a saying: Der Kunde ist König! The customer is king!

PS: I know my english is far from perfect *grins* hope you don't mind!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In Austria we have a saying: Der Kunde ist König! The customer is king!

PS: I know my english is far from perfect *grins* hope you don't mind!
Your English is just fine. Infact might be better than some Americans. Sad to say.

And we had a saying here too.... "The customer is always right". No one lives by that anymore. To EA it's "The customer is a lying thief and con artist! Treat them as you would any criminal. Give them nothing and keep them at arms length. Take their money but whatever you do do NOT speak to them." Or at least that's the way it seems. Customer service at EA is a joke. Only their customers are NOT laughing. Though they are all the way to the bank with our money. They just don't realize how much more they would have if they gave us the support we need.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As my boss usesd to say, "Do it, and then talk about it!"

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is one thing that sets my UO brain on over load.... that billing system...and its counterpart UOStore. EA who ever picked that system should be fired! I totally agree the interum solution is the game time codes.
You should be able to find a billing program that can keep data like account age, product expantions used, credit card(s) *wouldbe nice if a back up card could be added incase the first has expired or is not working* and of all things 1 main e mail so players dont haveto go shuffling to find out hteir house fell last week due to the system failed.... oh well its a pipe dream Ea will never learn.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if anyone at EA is aware how lucky they are to (still) have customers begging to gove them their money... As "marketing strategy" it defies all logic why a company would discourage acquisition of their services.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if anyone at EA is aware how lucky they are to (still) have customers begging to gove them their money... As "marketing strategy" it defies all logic why a company would discourage acquisition of their services.
QFT! I agree it boggles the mind!

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

HAPPENED to me... I left to raise my son... Had my cc on it. Never bothered to check had no internet. Came back keep .. Uo life gone. 12 stones 20 frags ... Bod collection.. Rares ....

Gone.

Started over. Im fine... Heh.

Anyone have my rose? Heh

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
HAPPENED to me... I left to raise my son... Had my cc on it. Never bothered to check had no internet. Came back keep .. Uo life gone. 12 stones 20 frags ... Bod collection.. Rares ....

Gone.

Started over. Im fine... Heh.

Anyone have my rose? Heh
What names are on the roses? I'll check

Swt Lippy Hippy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I can see that if you have more than 40 accounts going you can not link them all up and have to create other mythic main account things. They only allow so many per. I saved all of my info in a notebook and made a copy and put in safe fire proof place JUST IN CASE lol.. But really it is not too difficult to do and some where on these boards it explains how to create the account and how to link things up. I had no trouble changing my cards when one expired. I am sorry that others have had problems with this. I think it is a safe and secure way to manage your accounts and for the greater good I like the system the way it is. *knocking on wood* lol

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah messana and while your at it can you turn back time, can you find a way, can you take back all the hurt I gave you and stay?