• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attention Great Lakes Factions Players

N

Nice Fights

Since Great Lakes is the only active shard for factions.

Shouldnt the epic event be on Gl then?

G

We have already surpassed the total number of faction players on all shards. Moving everyone to Great Lakes would be unfeasible.

I

imported_Insta

Well why didn't you move them to Great Lakes instead of Atlantic in the first place? I dont belive you will have much luck getting many ppl from GL to transfer, being as there is quite a bit of faction action at the moment here now.

I

imported_The_Dude_

3 of us already went to atlantic for fights a while ago. This is how faction fights go there. A couple people from the 2-3 major guilds join then dont fight away from there guilds. Also if you think some people are fast on GL go make a new char on atl and watch. Theres a reason we left.

I agree with insta though, GL has had the bigger faction fights for a while now. So instead of having everyone go to ATL you should have had them come to GL.

I hope you have a good turn out.

I

imported_Tina Small

Sounds like you have about a month to make characters on Atlantic, if you're not interested in transferring. That's doable, isn't it?

D

danny85331

Sure. Have some suits to equip all the nakie characters?

:p

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well why didn't you move them to Great Lakes instead of Atlantic in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never played any shard except Atlantic. So has the vast majority of our guild.
<blockquote><hr>

I dont belive you will have much luck getting many ppl from GL to transfer,

[/ QUOTE ]
That will be too bad then.
<blockquote><hr>

3 of us already went to atlantic for fights a while ago. This is how faction fights go there. A couple people from the 2-3 major guilds join then dont fight away from there guilds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes and my plan to fix that is the main guilds are joining. No moving characters in side guild. HOT guild has already committed to doing this as long as rival guild LNR does also and the developers tweek the one character rule so we don't get all our characters booted.
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
If you organize as a guild you could have one person transfer with tons of equipment and then distributed it to all the people who are training up characters. That would save you a lot of gold/cash. I would like to offer but I rather reserve my donations for former UO players returning. I've already got two whole guilds who said they are organizing to come back for this that are currently in WOW.

It is still very early in the planning process for this event so just keep an eye on this page for the latest information if you are interested in participating.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

:p

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be willing to help scrounge one up for you....

C

CheezWhiz

First of all if any of you read the Hot boards you will know that NO ONE takes Link seriously, secondly Factions is totally dead on Atlantic and thirdly NO ONE takes Link seriously.

This event will never ever happen. And LNR will never ever join factions so dont waste a transfer token.

D

danny85331

Nonsense! Lies! Lies and slander!!!

Fact is, though, I wouldn't want to xfer to GL and hold a big event over here. This shard sucks.

Maybe Ill make one of those annoying-little support characters over there, then I dont really need a suit.

But, thanks, Regina. :p

Edit: Though I completely disagree with trying to oust the 1-character rule. You get rid of that, you might as well get rid of stat while you're at it.

Oh, my dexxer died. *hops on archer* [censored], hes dead now. *hops on tamer* [censored]. *hops on mage* Damnit. Repeat this with 7 characters per account, multiple accounts per person. Its like non-faction guild fighting, where the kills are completely meaningless because the person can reenter the fray within seconds at full killing potential. Might as well just make 4 public-accessed houses with pseudo-bases and use non-faction guilds. That'll solve your 1-character issue and your "lets let trammies not get bene" thing.

But you know, what do I know.

G

Do you have to be logged in for the stat loss to count down? I thought you did.

D

danny85331

Indeed! How very astute of you.

Thats part of the point I'm making. Having to wait 20 minutes before being fully functional again is a damned good incentive not to die. It not only encourages teamwork by having to heal and support you fellow player (losing just a few people to stat can make the difference if you corrupt those towns or not; or whether that thief has enough skill to swipe Brit from you; or if that damned dismount tamer with his beetle will be able to "all kill" your ass to death), but it also will galvanize it by insuring a single player cant act in every capacity needed for the faction (Thief, tinker, trap remover, and unfortunately sometimes veterinarian).

That, and it simply brings move cause and incentive to the kill. Wouldn't want to have to kill somebody 5-7 times just to get them out of action for 20 minutes.This assuming they don't have multiple accounts and are waiting out stat while playing on a fresh character (one out of 5-7...per account), would really take away from one of the only reasons people still play factions. Because the kill means something.

But you know, thats just my humble opinion.

Aside form all that....

I think I might have a character or two on Atlantic I forgot about. See if they aren't ready for a little half-assed faction play. Wouldn't mind seeing a big fight.

G

If someone really had 7 characters on their account equipped for factions, good for them. I doubt many people will have more than 2. You will probably be playing your best character most of the time, so when he dies you can either wait or switch to a worse one. Both choices make you weaker. If you die on the second character you have to switch to the third and plan to macro 40 minutes of skill loss. You are looking at over 2 hours of macroing for 7 characters.

D

danny85331

For the sake of this one-time event, what you're proposing is sensible. I got caught up making a point of why it shouldn't be implemented into factions overall.

Theres several ways to be logged on multiple accounts at once, idling characters in stat while you play on a new one. Some methods are legal, some aren't. Just that allowing multiple characters per account opens the gate to exploitation, possibly in scenarios that wouldn't be imagined until it were too late.

You can be very useful in stat, as well. A mage can still support, and a dexxer can still gank. Often, thieves can still steal, and stealthers can still stealth. If your template makes you that useless in stat...hop off your mount and grab a bola. :p