• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ATTENTION DEVS: Invasion broken on Legends

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's right its broken on Legends you CAN NOT recall into Britian but there is ZERO spawn. Same for Minoc, Moonglow,Trinsic. :sad4: Please Devs fix it! I know we are the *******, red-headed, stepchild shard and you really don't like us but cut us a little slack here, PLEASE!?!?! :gee:

Thank you in advance from your *******, redheaded, stepchild shard Legends. :mf_prop:

Jirel

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you look all throughout the city? Particularly Britain since it is pretty big. A lot of the spawn there takes place in the east section across the bridge. Even if it is empty, it's not unusual. Happens on all shards, not just your own.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done a lot of searching too over the last couple of days ... unless the dragons/spawn have been lured off and stashed somewhere I don't see how I could have missed them doing so many runs around cities. Vesper, Minoc and Moonglow have corrupted citizens, but no sign of spawn or dragon. Trinsic redirect teleports, but isn't corrupted. That doesn't seem to mesh.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you look all throughout the city? Particularly Britain since it is pretty big. A lot of the spawn there takes place in the east section across the bridge. Even if it is empty, it's not unusual. Happens on all shards, not your own.
Yeah I ran all over Trinny, Brit and minoc. I stand corrected on Moonie its invaded by falsehood infected npcs. Still sounds like lots of shards are broken.

I'll keep updating with any changes as they happen.

Jirel

K

Kiminality

As I understand it, the no-recall thing comes into play when the Shadowlords or Minax hold the Fel side.
When an invasion starts in a city, all the NPCs go falsehood/cowardice/hatred. Then, you have to kill the spawn, and the dragon, for them to return to normal. Then, you can recall in freely, until the city is captured in Fel again.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I understand it, the no-recall thing comes into play when the Shadowlords or Minax hold the Fel side.
When an invasion starts in a city, all the NPCs go falsehood/cowardice/hatred. Then, you have to kill the spawn, and the dragon, for them to return to normal. Then, you can recall in freely, until the city is captured in Fel again.
I check all over Brit and Trinny...Nothing not even falsehood NPCS. In fact the NPCs were fine. In Moonie there were just fasehood NPCs no monster spawn. I just want it fixed. :sad2: Read Maplestone's post he's seen same things I have. Meh, IMHO they jinxed us but putting AOL :loser: in front of Legends. The AOL part is gone but the stinking curse lives on. :eek:

Jirel

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually there are lots of things now that don't seem to mesh.

This morning I stole three sigils from towns reported unstealable by the city status section of our factions command stone inside the base.

I think server up may have something to do with lack of available invasion spawn and/or a CD, and possibly also the sigil system in factions that supports the invasion system itself. I'm not sure exactly how yet I haven't played with it nearly enough.

Steal points are being handled oddly, at least by MYUO, when they do finally appear to update.

Because of all this above confusion it is being difficult to determine whether or not kill points and bonuses for war zones are being handled properly in factions.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Britain on Pac has no signs of Invasion at all, but no recalls in, for some reason. No infected NPCs, and no Crimmy Drag that I was able to locate, at all.

Very odd.

N

Noobish Noob

Unfortunately, same thing for me here on PAC...can't find anything. I have a town rune book and I constantly SJ through the towns. If a town comes up as blocked I moongate to it only to find nothing..not even red NPC's. It has been this way for days. Either the spawn is completely slow, Fel isn't doing it's part (or rather is?) or something is wonky. The town criers need to be fired for constantly lying about the event. Strange to hear that things are fine on other shards but I just know they aren't on PAC. It would sure be nice to actually get to take part in the "event" I have waited months for instead of endlessly doing the Halloween quests.

S

Sarphus

Our invasions seem to be working on origin.

I think maybe crimson dragons can get stuck in follow mode on someone if they attack someone and that someone recalls away. This could potentially lure the crimson out in the middle of nowhere (like the ocean or the woods), which would mean the city would be stuck in invasion mode until a player attacks the crimson wherever it may be.

As soon as a player attacks a crimson outside of his playpen, the crimson will teleport back to town.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sarphus, shouldn't they be doing that after a certain distance anyway? even if after a target? can't see them holding a target, no matter how dedicated they are to their cause or their masters, for two or three days ;)

S

Sarphus

Sarphus, shouldn't they be doing that after a certain distance anyway? even if after a target? can't see them holding a target, no matter how dedicated they are to their cause or their masters, for two or three days ;)
I dunno...

I know a similar bug effects dead pets owned by dead players and I have seen my pet wander off VERY far.

I have also seen yomotsu warriors run off to an entirely different part of tokuno than where they spawned. I think they just make a B-line from where they are to where their quarry recalled to. Then if their quarry returns they make a B-line to their quarry. If not, they just stay far far away.

I think the next logical step is to set up a search party using trackers.

One logical way to figure out what direction to check first would be to tell a pet to follow someone while in one of the towns you can't find the dragon for. Have that person recall to luna. Follow the pet.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, that makes sense except that depending where the person luring or targeted by the CD actually did recall to could orient differently than to Luna.

They should work more like the skele liches do now. I'm the terrible Crimson Dragon terrorizing the middle of the woods or this deserted sea shore, doesn't sound all that terrifying to me. Sounds like an overworked asset dangerously in need of a vacation.

:)

N

Nvnter

Actually the invasion has been broke since Late Sunday Evening. I and another cleared the spawn in Minoc and summoned the Crimson. Of course there were not enugh peeps interested to remove the Dragon. After that the invasion never reset. So maybe the dragon is hiding and once we findand remove it all will be better. I just think the Devs attention is elsewhere and they dont care about the state of game play for all (Priorities). Maybe the focus was on DaoC since we are a 50/50 Community now.

This really is a shame (the lack of attention) I have enjoyed the invasion and now cant work it all and to top it off we cant enjoy the improvements they suposedly added :sad2:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
me and my superfast llama just ran all over the island and found no crimson dragon, tho Moonglow is full of falsehoods

couple things noticed while doing so.... Darius, the human/elf quest giver, is now a falsehood, and as my buddy Uriah noted, seems a bit appropriate, since he's kinda stealing a part of you... and doesn't his requirement to remove all items come in awfully handy for him now?

as regards the falsehoods, does it seem to anyone else that the infection is spreading? might be I just didn't notice it before, but more npc's outside of town seem to be infected.... the only part of Verity Isle free of falsehoods is the southeast section

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can Crimsons fly? *wonders if we need to set up a fleet a couragous seafarers*

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess they could go and check that little one tile island in the middle of nowhere. I havent been there by accident in forever. Maybe thats where they are.

Should we find them there however, alas we could not fight them without exploiting.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So any word? Has anyone seen any event spawn on Legends? I still haven't but I'm not on 24/7. I guess the Devs are too busy enjoying SUSHI and SAKE to fix the friggin event! Meh, whatever we're still the *******, REDHEADED, STEPCHILD shard.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oops ... yes. The logjam cleared.

I spent most of the morning fighting in Vesper, but showed up too late to the crimson fight (scavenged a pack full of metal off the body).

I also found a crimson wandering Yew, apparently victorious over all comers, tossed a few EVs at it (which it squished like pinching matches) then ran for my bloody life.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah, missed the one in Yew, but we managed to defeat the ones in Vesper and Skara Brae today

difficult to know for sure what triggers what without participation in both facets, it could all be working precisely as intended for all I know

but I'm happy for the folks that got to take part here on Legends today, and hope that you guys also get a little invasion action this weekend