• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attempting to place a castle and it won't let me

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would check the same location on another shard, but at a guess I'd say the ground isn't level.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ice isle as odd raised bumps that stop placement ...maybe on other shards keeps and castles are placed around the bump ...like suggested ..castles will only fit in certain spots ..approx 125 in tram= mirror image in fellucca...so check other shards to see if a castle is placed on that exact location..if there isnt then it prob wont fit

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Terrain is very buggy and like another said in the CC you can see how flat the land is much better because it's well... plain jane and more cartoonish... bumps are more defined.

Did you walk out the space? You need 32x32 and there can NOT be any trees, bumps or even mountain edges or the edge of water next to them... so really you need to walk out 33x33 because if you can't actually walk all the way around it in 1 tile ... you can't place there.

Edit: When I do it I place some sort of "marker" at the lower right corner spot where corner should touch but not be on... I use some sort of reg or something like that.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
there is no way there is 32 tiles plus the 1 tile buffer on each side in that pic shown.
and we arnt even seeing the back side, you need another 32 there plus buffer.

me thinks your trying to put 10lbs of sugar into a 5lb sack.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need 34 tiles horizontally and up to 42 for the depth. (The maximum, if you place with houses in front and behind, which require 5 tiles distance.)
If the areal is big enough, you can measure in slow motion moving step by step with short tip on arrow keys.