• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlases

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
This is a no-brainer... but I didn't realize it til now, nor have I seen it anywhere else.

Atlases...

...are TURNABLE.

:)

Now can folks please start stocking these on all the shards? :D

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
:brokenlink:

but excellent "news"! :smile2:

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hmmm... if there is a market for these, I might have to stock a vendor with them. I need to build up my bank account so I can start to rebuild.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes but if you are in the CC you can't name them..... FYI and if you are in the EC you can't read the runes they look like this:

Malas runes are 100% unreadable, Tokuno runes will strain your eyes... Fel Runes are almost as bad, and Tram Runes will also strain your eyes as they are somewhat shinny and I couldn't get the right view with a screenshot but in-game they are almost as bad as the Tokuno Runes.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Yes but if you are in the CC you can't name them..... FYI and if you are in the EC you can't read the runes they look like this:
CC can rename - it's in the top right. As for readability, at least in the CC, not a problem. Ter Mur runes could stand to be a few shades darker, and Tokuno is too "crammed" - letter spacing could stand to be increased by 1 px.

That said, it's an improvement. :D

Having used them for a little while now, in the CC, here's my take on them: ( @Kyronix )

* We gained 6 characters width for slightly longer rune titles (or 2 wide characters, if you're typing in Korean/Chinese/Japanese). I wish we'd gained even longer. :p

* I love how they look dyed. However, they really should be dyable with ToT/Cleanup/Natural dyes, not just the runebook tub. Purple isn't possible at the moment, and yellow comes out brown, even on the lightest yellow.

* The "gold" on the books is a bit too bright; I look at a pack full of runebooks, vs atlases, and the gold on the atlases is more than a little visually distracting.

* I wish that the default rune for a book were the one always highlighted inside the book, rather than the last one used.

* The text at the bottom left, showing the name on the default rune, is kind of redundant. Maybe show the page number there instead? "Page 1 of 3" and so forth?

* Three pages is nice, but why the limit? I still needed two atlases to store all my dungeon entrance runes. If I really feel like switching through 16 pages to find a rune, why stop me? :)

* It'd be really nice to be able to switch to a "reorder" mode - dropping 48 runes just to insert/move 1 is beyond tedious.

* Have the current orientation be an option via turning them, rather than the default. If you're buying atlases on a shard you don't own a house on, you're stuck with atlases that face the wrong way vs all other books.

* The ability to drop a runebook onto an atlas to move all the runes from the other to the other. (Whether or not you get the empty runebook back doesn't really matter, imho.)

* For atlases and runebooks, a 1-click (with confirmation gump!) way to empty all runes.

* Wishful thinking: as long as these are going to be so large anyhow, I'd love to see a minimap (like the map table's map) show a pin for the currently selected rune's destination.

* Also wishful thinking: Let me add vendor search maps to atlases and runebooks. Sometimes you find a great vendor, and have no runes handy to mark it. Yet you're holding something that's functionally a 1-time rune. So let it convert to a rune in the book if dropped on a runebook or atlas.

* Finally, just a gump nit... The item shows a red bookmark hanging down, but the gump has no red bookmark at the bottom. :D

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I wrote them like a week ago to add the new items to vendor search. I don't think Mesanna is even working this week lol. Usually when I remind them to refresh the search data they hop right on it. If you add a description like runic atlas to runic atlas when you vendor then they show up.

Last edited:

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* The text at the bottom left, showing the name on the default rune, is kind of redundant. Maybe show the page number there instead? "Page 1 of 3" and so forth?
if they don't fix the color problem in EC, having the redundant print on the bottom left is the ONLY way I know what the rune says. Please don't take that away until the text color issue is fixed

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also please fix the fact that you cannot use the book charges with 0 magery as you can with regular runebooks.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
After I finish the auctions tonight, I'll load up one of my Ice Island vendors on Chessie with them. :)

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even though you can lock them down and turn them, once you release them and put them back in your backpack, they revert to original orientation.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even though you can lock them down and turn them, once you release them and put them back in your backpack, they revert to original orientation.
but they're turned the next time you log in

Silentfury

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Mesanna did say that she was giving the Dev Team off the entire Month of December. So I would expect any updates or fixes until January.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use CC so no problems with the Atlases. But it is tedious to swap runes from the older books to the new atlases. Have no idea if this is even feasible from a coding standpoint, but it would be great to have the capability to drop an existing runebook into the atlas (like the various scroll holders) and the atlas would then absorb all the runes from the inserted book and any recall charges that had already been added. It would then kick out the original runebook completely empty. Your previous runes and unused recall charges would then be in the atlas in the same order they were before. I would love that feature added. Of course, the ability to drop a runebook into the atlas would need to be limited to when the atlas is locked down or in your bank (and if in the bank there would probably need to be a safety mechanism asking if you really want to combine contents into the atlas, just so someone doesn't accidently combine runebooks).

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Not on my end...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* Three pages is nice, but why the limit? I still needed two atlases to store all my dungeon entrance runes. If I really feel like switching through 16 pages to find a rune, why stop me? :)

* It'd be really nice to be able to switch to a "reorder" mode - dropping 48 runes just to insert/move 1 is beyond tedious.

* The ability to drop a runebook onto an atlas to move all the runes from the other to the other. (Whether or not you get the empty runebook back doesn't really matter, imho.)
+1