• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Atlantic Summer Rares Fest

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thx :)

I have one doubt, for the non rares vendors have to reserve it at vendors thread or isnt necesary? ill want 1

Last edited:

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna has given the staff our Cloaks. The people who are wearing these cloaks are verified as Rares Fest Staff. She has also decorated Toad Town for the Festival. Without her, this fest wouldn't be anything like it is. Thanks again Mesanna.

Rares.JPG

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know we have been unclear on this, so here is the post to verify. I know we stated this when we first started this thread, that 'Rares Only' will be sold at the Main Vendor house. I understand, that the UO economy is horrible and most of you see this one particular item in the silent auctions or on vendors that you HAVE TO HAVE. We are going to allow Misc items to be sold on the main vendor house, until Thursday the 6th of June. We are calling this the "Pre Rares Fest Sale", because technically the Fest hasn't started yet, and won't start until Friday the 7th.

I know how it feels to be so close to the amount of gold for this particular item and none of your items are selling. This is why we are so liniant, because with the gold economy so horrible, everything has skyrocketed in price. Starting Thursday morning, we expect all items except rares to be off the vendors. If they aren't then we will be forced to goza the vendor and contact the vendor owner, the gozas will remain until the said item is removed.

So many have asked us why we are allowing non-rare items on vendors. So instead of telling each individual when asked, I figured it would be best to post it. I'm sorry if this ticks off some people, but you have to remember that there are some beginning collectors with vendors. Some of them have little gold, but big wishes. This is just to help those with little gold, so they can sell a little misc. items here and there, until Thursday.

I hope everyone is enjoying the Fest so far. I know I LOVE the decorations Mesanna made for us. They are fantastic and well appreciated. :party:

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ill be posting this festival in a few days under the previous rares festivals thread, the only connection i still have with current UO :p i got everyones name thats involved and dates, lemme know if theres anything else to include that wasnt in the original post, u can reply to me, PM me or icq me, thanks

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does one actually bring enough gold from another shard to Atlantic? (I cannot wait for there to be no more checks and end this issue). On a dead shard I suppose one could place a house to store all the gold but if I was to transfer to Atlantic with packies full of checks whats the advice?

BG
You can set up a vendor and place bods in a book and place books on vendor. this way you can buy the bods yourself and have the gold in bank. just keep doing that until you have it all stored on there.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just an Update:

As a reminder to all, today is the last day for misc items to be sold on vendors. Starting tomorrow, gozas will be put up on the vendors that contain non rare items. The type of items that aren't allowed are: replicas, current spawn items, doom arties, ML arties, tokens, crafted items, and other items of that nature. Transfer Tokens are allowed.

Also, DO NOT GO AFK IN THE FRONT LAWN. We have people trying to start chaos, and is popping harbingers. Do NOT go afk here, we cannot prevent or stop the actions of rude people. We can only ask them to stop, so stay safe everyone!

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The gozas have been put up, and some vendor have been blocked. I understand that I have missed a few, but I'm balancing a lot on my shoulders at the moment. I'm the only one putting gozas on vendors, talking to 10 people at the same time, and keeping up with the vendors. Can everyone please check your vendor and remove EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T CONSIDERED RARE. Examples:

Replicas
Doom Arties
Champ-Related Items
SOT's
SOA's
Vet Rewards
Peerless Related Items
Tokens (Except Transfer Tokens)

I have already been receiving a lot of complaints about this, I even had someone cuss me out. We have learned from our last Rares Festival that we hosted, was that we don't want another luna. Someone mentioned last time, that it looked like another walmart. Barely any rares and such. We have gave you 2-3 day notice, if your vendor is blocked, please contact me and we will get this situated.

I'm sorry if this ticks off some people, but it has been a rule at every rares fest and will continue to be one here. Please understand that we want a RARES festival, not another luna.

Thanks

Last edited: