• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlantic stocked near to its maximum with heartwood fletching 24/7 for weeks!

ImaNoobieToo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Title says it all... WOW! I have been watching these kits with a certain program and the restocking rate from that one vendor is insane. I am thinking dupe or maybe a HUGE, MASSIVE, GIGANTIC farming operation beyond anything I have seen (which is alot).

I really wish they would alter that system so as to limit the number of items that can be moved =< I mean limited *alot* more than it is now. Cmon... 5 packies, bank and a backpack! How about... just a backpack and the bank stays where it is for when/if they come back or its no longer used thus destroyed. Out of curiousity do stabled pets go with the owner or stay put until the owner comes back?

A mere 24 hours per x-shard... umm... 1 year be to long or maybe take a vote to get rid of it completely? Minimum age to x-fer? Maybe say they can x-fer once for every year old the character is.

And another thing... WHY does there always seem to be an active DUPE! Seriously there is ALWAYS an active dupe. I am not talking about the fletching either...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
It's Atlantic. There are lots of crafters on Atlantic.

Just one possible contributing factor. ;)

Nails

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These aren't a new dupe. They wouldn't even be worth it. They drop like mad nowadays. Scripting maybe. But u can still get a lot without much effort. The other possibility is that they may of been duped long ago and now that they aren't worth jack someone is unloading them.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wish :( ive went through about 200k in boards and got one heartwood kit..

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
My buddy pet killer sells a lot, but he works hard to get them. Seems like every time I'm on teamspeak with him, he's busy in Heartwood. No scripting, either - he's always there, ready to respond to help calls in guild chat.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sure there are still active dupes, there always will be. With every change in the game, comes a possible order of operations that will cause a dupe.

The game just has too much code to test 100%. And there are some people who go beyond doing certain things, in certain orders to get odd things to happen.

Perhaps some might remember years ago, there was a proggy that stabled a pack animal, and pulled on the chars paperdoll backpack, with other actions mixed in, and a pack would pull off it, and it would contain a stabled pet. Mostly packies. With this came the ability to drop items into the packy, (you cant open it) and it would not effect your character weight, and to get your items back, you simply had to say drop (had to have a single name, not original).

That was beyond accidental, that was true exploiting. So as long as people still look for holes in the code, there will be dupes

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
OT, but related to what N49ATV mentioned, the Guinness Book of World Records: Gaming Edition makes note of how many lines of code UO has. I can't remember the number off the top of my head, but it's enormous.

B

BadManiac

Heartwood has been "broken" for months now. You get 2-3 runic kits per load (full pack and a beetle) of boards now. You can easily pull 10 Heartwood kits in a day.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heartwood has been "broken" for months now. You get 2-3 runic kits per load (full pack and a beetle) of boards now. You can easily pull 10 Heartwood kits in a day.
what? i just did about 10 runs of full beetle and pack and got one oak kit.. what am i doing wrong?

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is there always people trying to run the police by themselves, do the letters MYOB have any meaning to you?:flame:

My guild has 2 fletchers, they play their fletcher from time to time, as it should be i guess, you know, the way the game was meant to play and such... they got 1 heartwood kit in the last 3 monthes, and a dozen of others kits.

You know what?
It's PERFECTLY FINE!

Now, if peple want to run heartwood non stop for days, more power to them, they don't even need a bot to do that, when I heartwood my tinker trying to get the scrapper's compendium recipe, I run offers as fast as any bot.
We don't buy heartwood kits from others, we wouldn't buy them for 500k, we don't need them, especially since imbuing kicked in.

So, please, let them GMs and devs do their job and focus their attention on things that matter instead of :bdh:for the 1000th time and wasting their time.
They are no idiots, they know what's happening in their game and which has been happening for YEARS.

So, being a nice guy, I'll wish you a very nice day.
Under your rock.

:mf_prop:

F

Fink

I have been watching these kits with a certain program and the restocking rate from that one vendor is insane.
If by "a certain program" you mean you've been using an illegal 3rd party application to monitor the vendor, what exactly is the nature of your complaint? Their cheat is more profitable than your cheat?:confused:

R

RavenWinterHawk

Well thats way they are 2 million.

Soon they will be worth 1 million.

I bought a bunch at 2 million. Its almost free.

I collected halloween stuff. Sold it. Bought heartwood.

There just stupidly easy to get now a days.

K

KoolAidAddict

If by "a certain program" you mean you've been using an illegal 3rd party application to monitor the vendor, what exactly is the nature of your complaint? Their cheat is more profitable than your cheat?:confused:
Ding ding ding ding!!
Stop by the concession stand to pick up your winning prize!!

Really, who cares anyway?
With imbuing, these "kits" just give a starting object anywho!!

T

Thashinel

So do I make the heartwood kits with Ash, or regular wood so I can imbue later?

What are people doing?

Thash

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what? i just did about 10 runs of full beetle and pack and got one oak kit.. what am i doing wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong. It's just not true what that guy told you.

Some days you'll get 5, other days you'll get 0. I've made as many on atl as pretty much anyone else. I've got a bunch of kits, but its never been 10 a day for anyone I ever met there doing it. Another thing, EVERYONE thats there on tram is actually there. We might not talk for 6 hours, but then we'll chat for a bit and go back to not speaking.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well thats way they are 2 million.

Soon they will be worth 1 million.

I bought a bunch at 2 million. Its almost free.

I collected halloween stuff. Sold it. Bought heartwood.

There just stupidly easy to get now a days.
They are worth WAAAY more than 2m each. I can't believe people sell them that cheaply. They are a power buy for sure at that price.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
My friend who used to spend all his time working kits says that the drop rate for Heartwoods increased dramatically within the past couple of months. He said, once he received 2 heartwood kits - one right after the other - he started to realize why prices had dropped so low.

He doesn't even work them anymore. They're not profitable enough anymore.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A permanent dupe fix was discovered when the client/server feedback loop exploit was found and fixed. It was never implemented for a good reason, it was and always will be on purpose. A huge conflict of interest, that spans way beyond UO...

Designer dragon said it loud and clear ; selling UO items for real money is a multi-million dollar business, it has been for almost 10 years. Fix the dupes, lots of people lose their "jobs". If people realise inflation is an invention due to illegal moneying politics, the system crumbles down. Shame on you Ahu for saying the truth huh...

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A permanent dupe fix was discovered when the client/server feedback loop exploit was found and fixed. It was never implemented for a good reason, it was and always will be on purpose. A huge conflict of interest, that spans way beyond UO...

Designer dragon said it loud and clear ; selling UO items for real money is a multi-million dollar business, it has been for almost 10 years. Fix the dupes, lots of people lose their "jobs". If people realise inflation is an invention due to illegal moneying politics, the system crumbles down. Shame on you Ahu for saying the truth huh...
Riiiiight. And I bet the Shadow Government and the NWO are scheming with EA on it, right?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly for the ease of comprehension and our general comfort, a small number of people are at the wheel. But you are the one to choose to beleive in it or not, I have better to offer I like to think. Do you really think a presuposed shadow government would be interested in a few millions a year ? How am I supposed to accept that I live in a world where people use humor like that...

This is third density...

But you put your finger on the knife, how much pleasure does it bring to wiggle it in my wound ?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant believe people are still protest for such an obvious produce caused by scripting. You ever wonder why some people walking in and out of heartwood walks the same trail every single time?

Try putting down some empty bottles along the tile "certain people" walk thru and they will follow the same exact trail that you marked everytime (takes some serious skill to walk like that quickly and seamlessly without pause if a human being was controlling it)

You put 4 boxes down around where they recall in and they will just stand there so "refuse" to move the objects that's blocking their way (which sometimes dont work since it's extremely easy to put in a few lines to make their character to drag away the object thats blocking them.

Best way you can do is none stop paging them until GMs are sick and tired of them and do something to test and making sure he/she is scripting without interact with the character. A good scripter can run a script that will semi-interact with the GM without the player then halting all running scripts and log out shortly after.

e.g. GM texts shows up (usually red) script halts, enter: [be right back emergency(this replies to GM texts), terminate: UO clients (which logs you out after 5 minutes). GN cannot ban him as he replied something and there's not enough evidence to prove he's scripting.

If GM is allowed to record character movements without notifying the player in 20 minutes they will see a pattern and just ban him on spot this is about the only way that a GM can prove someone is scripting.

A few times when I am farming and someone thinks I am afk (because I use a GD) and paged me, GM text usually shows up and ask you about something that needs an answer like (what's the color of your hat) or (what's the color of my robe) and if your script reply that you have an emergency and log you out I really dont think GM can do anything. Also with a refined script you can receive GM texts by using certain instant messenger that will text the scripter on his cellphone and the scripter can text back and the script will type whatever he texted in game for a proper reply. And you can assign keywords that will do certain things like log out and log back in (and resume the script).

Also there's VNC (a program that allows a PC to be controlled from a remote location)... And what kind if devices that can run VNC? Any PC/Laptop with internet access. Iphones, Android phones (Tmobile G1, G2, Motorola Driod ect), Any Window Mobile smartphones, Blackberries... go figure. :eyes:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're not supposed to be giving tricks to the scripters anyways...

scripting, duping... same thing in my opinion...

R

RavenWinterHawk

They are worth WAAAY more than 2m each. I can't believe people sell them that cheaply. They are a power buy for sure at that price.
I agree.
You can find them at 1.5 million now.

This isnt a dupe knuckleheads. If a dupe was active, it be easier to dupe gold. Not sell heartwoods for 1.5 million. Think about it.

Script... Yes.

Dead demand for heartwoods yes. Easy to get them yes. Gets you a plummet in prices.

Im just buying away.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is there always people trying to run the police by themselves, do the letters MYOB have any meaning to you?:flame:

My guild has 2 fletchers, they play their fletcher from time to time, as it should be i guess, you know, the way the game was meant to play and such... they got 1 heartwood kit in the last 3 monthes, and a dozen of others kits.

You know what?
It's PERFECTLY FINE!

Now, if peple want to run heartwood non stop for days, more power to them, they don't even need a bot to do that, when I heartwood my tinker trying to get the scrapper's compendium recipe, I run offers as fast as any bot.
We don't buy heartwood kits from others, we wouldn't buy them for 500k, we don't need them, especially since imbuing kicked in.

So, please, let them GMs and devs do their job and focus their attention on things that matter instead of :bdh:for the 1000th time and wasting their time.
They are no idiots, they know what's happening in their game and which has been happening for YEARS.

So, being a nice guy, I'll wish you a very nice day.
Under your rock.

:mf_prop:
Spoken like a true scripter....

G

Green Mouser

Title says it all... WOW! I have been watching these kits with a certain program and the restocking rate from that one vendor is insane. I am thinking dupe or maybe a HUGE, MASSIVE, GIGANTIC farming operation beyond anything I have seen (which is alot).

I really wish they would alter that system so as to limit the number of items that can be moved =< I mean limited *alot* more than it is now. Cmon... 5 packies, bank and a backpack! How about... just a backpack and the bank stays where it is for when/if they come back or its no longer used thus destroyed. Out of curiousity do stabled pets go with the owner or stay put until the owner comes back?

A mere 24 hours per x-shard... umm... 1 year be to long or maybe take a vote to get rid of it completely? Minimum age to x-fer? Maybe say they can x-fer once for every year old the character is.

And another thing... WHY does there always seem to be an active DUPE! Seriously there is ALWAYS an active dupe. I am not talking about the fletching either...
I can make/Imbue a better bow with the attributes I want then I can get from 5 Kits or maybe more. What I think you see is a back up of inventory because quite frankly crafting any weapon with a High end Runic is a serious waste of resources. If I needed to I could buy the ingredients needed for imbuing at a fraction of the cost of a kit.

The best bet for a crafter these days is to do BoDs and sell PoF. Since the Devs corrected durability loss my dexers suffer little penalty to using imbued/PoF'd product. Fortunately I make enough selling Imbued items to compensate for the cost of PoFs which is now the most expensive "ingredient".

In short runics are a waste now unless you are making leather armor or unravelling product for relics. IMHO

J

jfkeach

Well, for the first time in about 2 months, or so, I took my fletcher to heartwood. His luck on runics was atrocious. 800k boards and not even an oak. So I had stoned the skill to different char and quickly got frustrated. Reading this post, I went back last night, and got an ash with about 4800 boards. I can live with that. I will be hitting heartwood more often to see if his luck holds out on getting any runic.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing made the demand for HW kits went way low but you just cant beat the perfect thing that could come out of those kits (and you dont run the risk of breaking it from enhancing) there for some richer individuals still buy them.

Comp Bow
Balanced
50 Hit Fireball
50 Velocity
25 Hit Chance Increase/50 Hit Lower Defnese
40 Swing Speed Increase
40 Damage Increase.

This is a 600 Intensity Bow only possible from a kit.

But yea thats like hitting a lottery (or Magebucks Jackpot)
Tho I've seem one thats terribly close tho
All the same mods as above but 48 Lighting and 46 Hit Lower Defense.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong (I don't have a fletcher), but don't heartwood kits only give 4 mods?

The bow you described there has 5 (not counting DI)

But you're right on intensity. My "main" composite has:

Which comes to 578 points by the imbuing table (not counting lower requirements, which pushes the total to 598). That's still far better than what you can get from imbuing.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're not supposed to be giving tricks to the scripters anyways...

scripting, duping... same thing in my opinion...
WOW!!!

so you dont use uoassist? or any macros in the EC client??
cause they script your mouse movement and keyboard clicks to make tedious tasks alot easier..

U

UOKaiser

Nah... I don't. The goal of this game has never been performance for me.
Whoa that tossed me in unable to comprehand land!! Are you ok? Is your fingeres bloodied? Do you do nothing that requires more than 2 minutes of clicking? Do you live in a country that they cut of your hands for using macros? Sorry that just went over my head passed the twilight zone and landing in a zombie apocalypse......

G

georgemarvin2001

No duping. Just a player with lots of craftsmen characters who spends a lot of time in heartwood, who has decided that he had better unload all of those kits while they still have a little value. Imubing lets you craft the qualities you want, instead of relying on the Random Number Gods to favor you with that one great item. If you've ever played the lottery, you know that the odds of getting all 6 numbers right are like 1 in 50 million. And that runic kit only has a few charges. On the other hand, imbuing is a sure thing. Only the mathematically challenged individuals who play the state lotteries would rather spend a fortune on dozens of runics, in hopes of making that one great item, than just spend a fraction of the money for the ingredients to imbue one item and get exactly what they want.

There used to be a lot of lumberjack scripters harvesting massive amounts of frostwood and heartwood, but now that resources change every few hours, it isn't profitable anymore. It was sheer laziness on the part of the Devs to take so long to implement that simple little fix. It is one of the few occasions where the Random Number Generator was actually a good thing. As for automating the turn-in process, who cares? UO Assist isn't illegal; it is actually approved by EA. If they've made macros to save them from carpal tunnel syndrome, more power to them. UNATTENDED macroing is illegal.

The kits will follow supply and demand; as more people imbue stuff to perfection, the price will go down. Most people know that if they don't dump them now, they're just going to keep dropping in value. The supply is going to stay high until people empty their houses and bank boxes. Why keep all those kits in reserve, hoping you can make that one uber item if you just burn a few dozen of them, when you can just imbue your stuff with the exact set of stats that you want?

G

Green Mouser

Correct me if I'm wrong (I don't have a fletcher), but don't heartwood kits only give 4 mods?

The bow you described there has 5 (not counting DI)

But you're right on intensity. My "main" composite has:

Which comes to 578 points by the imbuing table (not counting lower requirements, which pushes the total to 598). That's still far better than what you can get from imbuing.
The point is: how many kits does it take to get luckY? How many kits does it take to get a bow that meets your needs? Imbuing is correct the first time around and can easily be made for less than a runic. (especially if you farm some or all of the ingredients). I personally burned quite a few runics to get a couple of "great" bows. But my Imbued ones are just as good or better and they fit my char perfectly and that, is hard to do with one, two or three runics.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My hand circulation is very good thank you.

You have no idea how much more terrible than you seemingly can imagine this all is. I don't take myself seriously however...

Thats just my experience !

J

jfkeach

Yeah for the Fletch quests, i dont use uoassist at all. The new menu for crafting circumvents the need to. I have the healthbar for the quest giver up. Double click on it repeatedly until i get the simple bow quest.

I dbl click on a fletch kit and say make max.

Then I just toggle quest items... accept reward by dbl clicking the healthbar... then dbl click health bar again to get quest again and do so until all the bows are gone. Get more wood from packie, rinse and repeat