Atlantic Revert Jolly Roger Flag

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 8, 2012
Shard bound was rather a slap in the face to those that don't reside on Atl, but were affected by the revert. I lost my transfer char for almost 2 weeks. Now I get offered an item that is worthless unless I have a house on Atl? Great going Dev Team. =/

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
It would be nice if it could be turned. It is nice to see it finally happen after way to long for something as simple as it is.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Oct 2, 2013
Ontario
Shard bound was rather a slap in the face to those that don't reside on Atl, but were affected by the revert. I lost my transfer char for almost 2 weeks. Now I get offered an item that is worthless unless I have a house on Atl? Great going Dev Team. =/
Exactly.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2014
The GREAT State of Teaxs
And why would this be a good idea?
Because if they were then less x-sharders would attend, and a MUCH larger percentage of the attendee's would be "home" sharders, there for the story, and shard camaraderie. As opposed to a large percentage who currently ONLY come to get the drop and leave. Who won't even bother to rez a fellow fighter if needed. Who I have personally witnessed luring spawn to "home" sharders. And who whine the whole time "Where's the drop, hurry let's fight, forget the story, etc..."

It's probably not a popular opinion, but it IS mine!

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sep 8, 2006
Origin
I have 5 chars on Atlantic if anyone wants extra flags. The graphic is really nice, and while I wasn't as affected by the revert, I don't play there much but I do have 3 fully developed chars there, it's a nice thing to finally have happen and it's super pretty.

But..I don't have a house there...so if anyone wants a few extra :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
It would be great if someone spent 1 day cleaning up the landscape to.....removing all the hundreds of stretched hides, lanterns, statues, and other bits of broken crap that have gotten stuck over the years. They could at least try to have the Advisors do it.
That would be the coolest thing ever.

Reactions: Captn Norrington

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Thank you to Mesanna and the rest of the Dev team for fulfilling the promise. Yes, it has been two years, but at least it has been made good on.

I imagine we'll see the graphic used in the future in a way that everyone will be able to enjoy it.
Yes let me be the first non-Atlantic player to whine about not having one ;) Maybe they could take down Legends for a few days?

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Nashville, TN
And why would this be a good idea?
It's a good idea because EM items are a part of the history of the shard. They are rewards for being part of the event. If that wasn't their purpose they should just pass out 800 million gold to random people at the event.

It's rather a slap in the face that we asked for Shard Bound EM items to support our local shards as we are tired of seeing these show up on Atlantic and were flatly turned down with no explanation other than "We won't do that". Oh guess what, you did.... for Atlantic.

This is total BS. Rules should be applied evenly across all the shards, let us transfer this piece of Atlantic "history" off or don't let anyone transfer EM items off their home shard. This may be a mistake, but it's coming across as favoritism.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2004
Awards
if I'm not here I'm there
Yes let me be the first non-Atlantic player to whine about not having one ;) Maybe they could take down Legends for a few days?
If I remember correctly it was more than a few days.
That said I appreciate the gesture... but the name.. why oh why the name?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 30, 2009
It was ~ a 2 week revert.

** and of course, like almost every thread, a few people turn it all about event items. This is a gift similar to the free token Catskills got for a LONG revert.

I don't agree with them being Shard Bound, as many players besides those that live on Atlantic got effected. But honestly, Broadsword didn't really need to do anything at this point, as it was 2 years ago.

I know people who lost billions in that revert....So enjoy the stupid flag and shut up.

Last edited:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 14, 2012
That's a good point about the name. Has anyone tried engraving one?

Reactions: Flutter

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 24, 2009
Getting out of my troll cave
It's a good idea because EM items are a part of the history of the shard. They are rewards for being part of the event. If that wasn't their purpose they should just pass out 800 million gold to random people at the event.

It's rather a slap in the face that we asked for Shard Bound EM items to support our local shards as we are tired of seeing these show up on Atlantic and were flatly turned down with no explanation other than "We won't do that". Oh guess what, you did.... for Atlantic.

This is total BS. Rules should be applied evenly across all the shards, let us transfer this piece of Atlantic "history" off or don't let anyone transfer EM items off their home shard. This may be a mistake, but it's coming across as favoritism.

Hate to say but this thought process is short sighted. Yes you can spout all one wants about "shard history" which is over and done with but if you shard bound every EM item you would kill the sad economy of this game. Does one really think the cash transactions that go on behind the scene would still happen if all those ATL museuems couldn't get the items? The economy has moved past the traditional items that once drove people to play and it's mostly about these events because a small group of people spent cash for gold to buy everything they wanted and shard transfers allowed them to do so.

The fact that they will not lock these items down says all you need to know about what we cannot see. I'm 99% sure that the dev team can see the transfers and track some items in a data base(I'm also 99% that they cannot see everything) and they can see that locking these items to a shard would be a bigger slap in the face to the collective game vs a few people on stratics.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Well I was offering a couple days. Don't want my shard down for weeks lol

Reactions: Flutter

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 25, 2004
Sonoma
Hate to say but this thought process is short sighted. Yes you can spout all one wants about "shard history" which is over and done with but if you shard bound every EM item you would kill the sad economy of this game. Does one really think the cash transactions that go on behind the scene would still happen if all those ATL museuems couldn't get the items? The economy has moved past the traditional items that once drove people to play and it's mostly about these events because a small group of people spent cash for gold to buy everything they wanted and shard transfers allowed them to do so.

The fact that they will not lock these items down says all you need to know about what we cannot see. I'm 99% sure that the dev team can see the transfers and track some items in a data base(I'm also 99% that they cannot see everything) and they can see that locking these items to a shard would be a bigger slap in the face to the collective game vs a few people on stratics.
And pray tell what does all this wonderful cash transfer do for the small shard player from the shard that actually owns the item? Not logical to me. If items were shard bound perhaps folks would come to that shard to see some of them and just might like it and stay, thus helping the shard population inequality.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 27, 2003
And pray tell what does all this wonderful cash transfer do for the small shard player from the shard that actually owns the item? Not logical to me. If items were shard bound perhaps folks would come to that shard to see some of them and just might like it and stay, thus helping the shard population inequality.

The day transfers came in shard history, as this forum likes to call it, started to die.

The day that shield's showed up was game over.

It doesn't exist save for the few houses that were blessed with items a decade ago and these are dead, some have even fallen.....tell me why how some person who managed to get a amazing deco'd house said "pfft, done with this" and you expect me to believe that "shard history" matters or is real. Those people actually created "shard history" a long time ago when the game was fresh and full of adventure. This current "history" has nothing to do with lore and talk of times gone past, get real. It's just pixels created to drive a person to play.

Make chars to farm these items on your "home shard" and keep them or join the rest of the people and make chars to farm them to sell. That's the clear mandate as given from the dev team.

Cash transfers have done nothing to help the small guy but I'm not sure if they have helped or hindered the game, would it have all been over years ago if people didn't dump thousands into gold thus keeping the miner/bod/gold farming accounts going....I can't tell you the answer to that but I can say that the first two lines of this post are where your complaints should really be focused when it comes to "what happened to shard history".

Reactions: Zosimus

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 27, 2004
Because if they were then less x-sharders would attend, and a MUCH larger percentage of the attendee's would be "home" sharders, there for the story, and shard camaraderie. As opposed to a large percentage who currently ONLY come to get the drop and leave. Who won't even bother to rez a fellow fighter if needed. Who I have personally witnessed luring spawn to "home" sharders. And who whine the whole time "Where's the drop, hurry let's fight, forget the story, etc..."

It's probably not a popular opinion, but it IS mine!
Lol.
EVERY shard has its large % of players that attend events and don't care at all about the storyline.
Whats your point again about shard bound?
No way they can filter out and only leave the storyline obsessed few left to get their pixelcrack.

But I do find it odd that the supposed hardcore storyliners get so upset about the prize at the end. Kinda seems to go against the whole nature of just being there for the story no?
Jealousy is an ugly thing :(

Reactions: Zosimus

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 14, 2012
The point is that it is nonsensical to make this one item shard bound when nothing else outside VvV ever is. As has been pointed out, the Atlantic revert did not only affect Atlantic players. Furthermore, many of the players who SHOULD have been compensated for the revert are probably long gone, and many who live on Atlantic now didn't at the time. Therefore people who WERE effected can't get one where they can use it, and people who WEREN'T affected can get one anyway. So why shard bound? Where are all the "we are all one shard now" people on this one?

Meh. I hope the graphic gets used for other stuff at least.

Reactions: BrianFreud

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 27, 2004
I believe the point is not to covet thy neighbor (or his possessions)
Atlantic players got a decent little item for a good reason that was mostly specific to Atlantic.
Maybe other players also deserved it, maybe they did not. Who really cares?
I find it really hard to believe that anyone could get so worked up over this. Kinda sad actually :(

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2014
The GREAT State of Teaxs
Lol.
EVERY shard has its large % of players that attend events and don't care at all about the storyline.
Whats your point again about shard bound?
No way they can filter out and only leave the storyline obsessed few left to get their pixelcrack.

But I do find it odd that the supposed hardcore storyliners get so upset about the prize at the end. Kinda seems to go against the whole nature of just being there for the story no?
Jealousy is an ugly thing :(
No jealousy here. As usual, you are completely incorrect. I have absolutely no desire for "pixel crack". I actually wish UO would do away with event drops all together. It would make for a much more pleasant experience for A LOT of people. I simply think that making them shard bound would DECREASE the number of "X-Sharders" showing up just to get one to take back to ATL, as they would not be able to get THEIR "pixel crack" fix.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 27, 2004
No jealousy here. As usual, you are completely incorrect. I have absolutely no desire for "pixel crack". I actually wish UO would do away with event drops all together. It would make for a much more pleasant experience for A LOT of people. I simply think that making them shard bound would DECREASE the number of "X-Sharders" showing up just to get one to take back to ATL, as they would not be able to get THEIR "pixel crack" fix.
My bad then and I apologize :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
Love it, shard bound, can't be turned and 1 per char, not 1 per account. LOL

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
On Canada

Nice titles....
Stratics Vet,
Stratics Alum,
Stratics Leg.... and now
Stratics Whiner!!!

You cant compare a drop given to compensate a single shard for having a nasty revert, to EM drops that happen every week on all shards. Shard jumping and transfers is a reward for 17 year vets...and frankly they earned it. This sounds like childish whining from someone who's play style doesn't get them drops, but feel entitled to them anyway! "If those big mean cross-sharders weren't here my lame RP template would get me a drop!!!"

And no I am not a 17 year vet...I am a 14 year vet with 7 year old accounts. When I attend EM events on various shards...I do it the hard way with having a fully trained character on that shard! Sometimes I create them there...other times I transfer them and leave them. But I have just as much right to attending your event and getting a drop as anyone else. What I decide to do with that drop that I earned.... is up to me!

Last edited:

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 5, 2008
I almost missed this item, I was reading this post then ran to get mine and the timer was down to 5 mins...

Reactions: Lord Nabin

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 7, 2008
Wow 2 years for this is very quick for the current Dev team.

Hopefully they will finish the bug fixes "soon" whats the lead time on that currently ?

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Nashville, TN
You cant compare a drop given to compensate a single shard for having a nasty revert, to EM drops that happen every week on all shards.
I can and I did. In fact I even proposed a solution to the problem unlike you did. All you did was attack me for having Stratics titles. Bravo, what's next? Insulting my mom?

Also drops aren't based on templates. I get them all the time with characters created the day of the event.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Oct 2, 2013
Ontario
I believe the point is not to covet thy neighbor (or his possessions)
Atlantic players got a decent little item for a good reason that was mostly specific to Atlantic.
Maybe other players also deserved it, maybe they did not. Who really cares?
I find it really hard to believe that anyone could get so worked up over this. Kinda sad actually :(
You're right. It's not like it's ever happened before.

Oh.

Wait.

Reactions: Speranza

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to split hairs but wasn't the GL revert a few days?

The ATL revert was over 3 weeks & damn close to a month if I remember it right.

I can't even begin to tally up what I lost in a months worth of play.
Losing 2 shard transfers and having a character disappear ain't fun.
Also lost a piece of armor I crafted with VERY VERY specific resists/mods that took me 12 days and +50k leather to make(while recycling).
The armor piece is the one that sticks out the most cause of the time involved and I've yet to make one as good.

Thanks for the Jolly Roger Flag. Never expected anything also never asked for anything.
It was a very pleasant surprise, thanks again :)

Reactions: Zuckuss
Status
Not open for further replies.