• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlantic Event - Who's committed/semi-committed

Alagos Galadrim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

JC, I don't want to kill this event on Atlantic. Can you please speak to the guilds on Atlantic about the possibility of them just going ahead and creating faction guilds so we have a viable strategy for moving this event forward? In the meantime, I think it would be very helpful if the people who are planning to participate in this event could post here in THIS forum whether or not they've got characters already on Atlantic that they planned to use for this event, whether they haven't moved yet but already have transfer tokens or the gold or cash to get them, etc. Basically, who is at this point committed or semi-committed to doing this on Atlantic. Let's give people (including Draconi) a week or so to respond and then let's reevaluate and see what we can do

[/ QUOTE ]

(Above quote from Tina)

I started this post because I think it will make it easier to see who's committed without mixing it in with discussion on what is going on with the event.

I have a thief in TB already -Knights of Sanjira (K0S) - just starting to train his fighting skills but he can steal sigs already. I have three people committed who are training warriors at this point.

I

imported_Tina Small

Alagos, thanks for splitting this out. Good idea. hehe

I sent a nudging ICQ to my guild leader on Atlantic so hopefully he'll post soon.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VIP guild commited...

Great Lakes current target. No reason for Atlantic to have our faction support thus far.

R

Roo (OCD)

the YAD guild (though small in numbers loves to play factions)
has a chapter on ATL and a chapter on GL.

so where ever the event is held, we will be there.

we are allready on both shards and in factions.
just not active.
we are in TB on both shards.

so where ever the event goes off at we will be ready.

Alagos Galadrim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Great Lakes current target. No reason for Atlantic to have our faction support thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is to try to get a count on those participating on Atlantic, sorry we won't see VIP there.

Also for those who don't have a guild but are joining TB you can PM me if you want to hook up with my group so you can communicate easier with other allies.

Alagos Galadrim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

UZI is committed. on both GL and ATL if need be.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can only play if you give me Coco Sun and Jesse! (jk) I used to be allied to them a few years ago - quality people and a lot of fun! I look forward to it, but Coco moved in next door to me so I'm not sure how that's going to work out!

I let you go this time Coco! lol.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is to try to get a count on those participating on Atlantic!

C

Calibretto

I'm ready. Just need a date and I'll transfer him over.

G

There's a lot of Sieger's who are waiting to see when it's going to happen. They need time for training.

I'd suggest giving a definitive time, like July 2008.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

There's a lot of Sieger's who are waiting to see when it's going to happen. They need time for training.

I'd suggest giving a definitive time, like July 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggested May 15th in another thread, but I'd definitely go for a June or maybe a July date.

Also, there's nothing stopping folks from joining factions on Atlantic as they get their characters ready. So if we're going to set some kind of official "start date," perhaps we also need to plan some kind of kick-off event or gathering to go with it? Maybe we can ask Draconi for some special effects or something.... Perhaps we'd be more likely to get that rather than rule changes.

I

imported_Tina Small

I just wanted to add that I have an 18x18 house on Malas (Atlantic) that I'm willing to open up for this event to people playing on Atlantic just for this event that have no other place to call home. It's north of the mountains in upper Malas, so you can run there if you have to and not hit any spawn (maybe a crystal ele, but that's doubtful).

I had been letting the Whispering Rose Radio folks use for their Deal or No Deal events because the house was empty. However, I'm willing to ask them to leave so some of you that are crowding yourselves into whatever you can find on Atlantic can use it. I also have a not quite elder blacksmith/tailor with GM armslore that could make up some basic suits for training. Would need a little help getting spined / barbed leather if there turns out to be a big demand for it (not likely hehe), but other than that there'd be no charge. I also think my scribe on Atlantic can make empty rune books too but not much more. LOL (Gotta work on those chars a bit, I think.) I know someone else on Atlantic whom I'll leave anonymous for now who also offered to help in any way she can.

I'm open to thoughts/suggestions on what to do with the house. I know housing on Atlantic's expensive and hard to come by. Also, what other kinds of stuff are folks needing, within reason?

G

Aye. Reet. Ah'm committed. Or, if ye ask half th' folks orn Siege, ah should be committed. Anyhoo, kin yin o ye lot explain ta me why 70% o th' folks orn Atlantic seem ta be alergic ta gold? Are they jest being friendly, leavin' piles o th' stuff everywhere fer me ta collect, or are ye lot all so rich that ye dinna need it?

Blew me mind first time ah went ta Swoops. Orn Siege, it's a case o kill th' parrot, grab th' gold, an' run like hell before some numpty belts ya in th' noggin wit' a dead dryad! Here - nay problem, lad - here's 10k o gold fer ye! Drop that orft, an' ye kin get another 100k or so!

Ah'd say ah'm rich, but ah've already spent th' lot.

Wit wuz ah orn aboot agin?

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Aye. Reet. Ah'm committed. Or, if ye ask half th' folks orn Siege, ah should be committed. Anyhoo, kin yin o ye lot explain ta me why 70% o th' folks orn Atlantic seem ta be alergic ta gold? Are they jest being friendly, leavin' piles o th' stuff everywhere fer me ta collect, or are ye lot all so rich that ye dinna need it?

Blew me mind first time ah went ta Swoops. Orn Siege, it's a case o kill th' parrot, grab th' gold, an' run like hell before some numpty belts ya in th' noggin wit' a dead dryad! Here - nay problem, lad - here's 10k o gold fer ye! Drop that orft, an' ye kin get another 100k or so!

Ah'd say ah'm rich, but ah've already spent th' lot.

Wit wuz ah orn aboot agin?

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet mary,

i had to look twice to make sure that wasnt my dad rambling on about something or another....

I

imported_Tina Small

Sitric, I gotta ask. What the heck kind of character are you making for this event? Which skills do you favor for your kilt-wearing faction character? Will we know ye when we see/hear ye?

G

Rofl. Siege has some real nuts. I hope Sitric is properly red already.