• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Atlantic Event Book (1/10)

• Thread starter Lady Lovely
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lady Lovely

Hi all...I got the only event book from the January event.
After I looted it I attempted to release the fire ruby with it..
and double clicked it..it gave me the message that only a
master blacksmith could use this. At the meeting after the
event EM Eris said "I wouldn't attempt to use the book if I
were you"..not sure if he means use it or not but anyways I
would like some input on what this item may be worth.
Thanks in advance :)

N

NewThunder

One of a Kind unique Item, 700 mil at least maybe more

S

Stewpid

One of a Kind unique Item, 700 mil at least maybe more
I'd go with probably more. The sky is really the limit on something like that. It's a unique colored open book. Doesn't get much cooler than that.

Rare Collector

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd go with probably more. The sky is really the limit on something like that. It's a unique colored open book. Doesn't get much cooler than that.
I disagree. Even though it's a nice unique item it's worth at most 250m in my opinion.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I disagree. Even though it's a nice unique item it's worth at most 250m in my opinion.
How could it possibly be worth only 250mil when Brit Guard Sashes which were duped are still worth 180mil on a regular basis?

Im with others, the sky is the limit. And I wouldnt let it go for anything less than 1 billion if I had it. Mainly because its probobly going to leave the shard and end up in a dupers hands at which point the duper will make well over 1bil on it.

JMO though.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
err three wearable unique Atlantic EM items recently sold for a combined value of approximately 1 billion. Going by that, I highly doubt this would fetch 1B but anything is possible.

I personally would not pay a penny more than 200M but as I said... anything is possible.
I completely agree with Tomas. I don't know if these quotes of 500, 650 mil were jokes but are you guys really out of your mind? Its a hued open book. It doesn't do anything else. Its not a big item and you can't weild it.

D

DVI

err three wearable unique Atlantic EM items recently sold for a combined value of approximately 1 billion. Going by that, I highly doubt this would fetch 1B but anything is possible.

I personally would not pay a penny more than 200M but as I said... anything is possible.
I'd have to agree with Tomas, it might sell for more than 200m, but I wouldn't value it anywhere near a bil.

Also, don't forget those duped event items which sold for near to 200m recently are highly desired by pvper's regardless of class. Many pvmer's like them as well.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, point taken. I have to agree with the above as well, however I still wouldnt let it go for less than 700-1bil :p

S

Stewpid

Just going by 2 story statues, which there are literally tons of, go for over 200+ million. Statues are big, so maybe that explains that one, but rehued arcane gems, known as gems of immortality, sell for 300+million, and there are what, 3 per shard? This is a unique, rehued open book, much cooler than that, so at least double the 300+ million, and probably more.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While we are on the subject of Unique Items (sorry, not meaning to hijack the thread) what is the Blessed Red Viking Sword from the Pacific Event worth? It wasn't supposed to drop but the EM made a mistake and it did. It is unique color and blessed and wearable. Sure it is unnamed but still kind of falls into the category of only 1 out there.

S

Stewpid

While we are on the subject of Unique Items (sorry, not meaning to hijack the thread) what is the Blessed Red Viking Sword from the Pacific Event worth? It wasn't supposed to drop but the EM made a mistake and it did. It is unique color and blessed and wearable. Sure it is unnamed but still kind of falls into the category of only 1 out there.
Can't you dye a viking sword red and just use an item bless deed on it? Without a unique name, how can you tell?

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess you could if you could get this hue, but unfortunately, I do not think any of the plant dyes are this color. That being said, the current going rate for a duped Item Bless Deed is 60 to 70 mil. So, I guess if you could get the color close and could blow 60 mil, you too could have a fake EM Event Item.

So, does the fact that you cannot recreate the color and you'd have to buy an IBD even if you could. Plus the history of the item being documented, what does that make it worth?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put the book up for auction on here if you want to sell it, its worth whatever someone is willing to pay :)

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just going by 2 story statues, which there are literally tons of, go for over 200+ million. Statues are big, so maybe that explains that one, but rehued arcane gems, known as gems of immortality, sell for 300+million, and there are what, 3 per shard? This is a unique, rehued open book, much cooler than that, so at least double the 300+ million, and probably more.
Global event drops like gems of immortality or ricardo items have never followed shard specific event item valuation. You can propose many theories as to why this might be the case but they tend to generally have a notch higher value than EM drops. Perhaps, it has to do with the fact that while they tend to be available in higher quantity, they also have a much higher demand as lot more people are familiar with global events. People like to buy things related to events they were part of - go figure. The statues are just impressive, and expectantly most people don't care if its a duped item.

Having said that, my 200M estimate was not a hard cap. It can easily go for couple of hundred millions more - but it would be an exception and not the rule if it went an entire magnitude higher in current environment.

L

Lady Lovely

Wow guys thanks for all the info! I am a collector at heart and have a small museum but nothing of this caliber ...but boy the suspected value really makes you want to consider selling :p thanks again! :drool:

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have also found that on the forums a price check on a new item runs rampant, like the 1 bil price, but when it is actually offered for sale, somehow those big high rollers that give that kind of price check never seem to show up to actually offer their price. :eyes:

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have also found that on the forums a price check on a new item runs rampant, like the 1 bil price, but when it is actually offered for sale, somehow those big high rollers that give that kind of price check never seem to show up to actually offer their price. :eyes:

If you are talking about my 1billion price, I stated I wouldnt let it go for less. Not that I would offer.

I personally wouldnt pay 1billion for anything in this game, but there are a couple things I wouldnt accept less than 1billion to part with see?

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are talking about my 1billion price, I stated I wouldnt let it go for less. Not that I would offer.

I personally wouldnt pay 1billion for anything in this game, but there are a couple things I wouldnt accept less than 1billion to part with see?

I understand that completely and really wasn't talking about your price, but I have seen this with p/c alot. And I too have placed a few things at an unbelievable price when asked what I would sell for. Two of those items were the nest with eggs and the horse dung, both of which I regretted selling at even those high prices that I didn't think they would bring because i really didn't want to sell, but then they did. I stayed upset over the nest and eggs until UO put out the replica and just recently got the horse dung back, which I might add will not ever have another price on it. I learned from that lol.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No way an open book is worth more than 200m

The gems of immortality only go for 300+ because
A: Almost everyone was part of the event
B: They have heavy connections to Ultima Lore
C: They have a use that is specific to just them (when you double click them)