• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ask the WoW Devs

E

Eldorian

With WotLK beta coming up soon (I have reason to believe it will be this week) - I thought I would see about getting some questions sent off for WoW developers to answer.

So if anyone has any questions for developers regarding the upcoming beta and release of Wrath of the Lich King, please post them here and I'll get them shipped off to hopefully be answered!

L

Lag

"Are you currently happy with the status of hunters and paladins in the arena? many statistics show them with less numbers (many less) in higher end brackets. Any changes to LOS to give hunters some love?"

P

Pashta

LOL - How about showing some mages love in Arena. I can't even do ANY 2v2 successfully. I don't want to respec to be able to play PvP, that's stupid.

My question is: Will we be using Badges of Justice for new gear or will there be a new currency?

E

Eldorian

I also had these submitted to me in email... figured I'd post them here:

There are 10 and 25 man versions of raid instances.* If you do the 10 man are you saved to the 25 and vica versa?

Does the 10 man have its own entrance or is it a setting like normal and heroic mode and you just walk in with a certain mode enabled?
The WWI Dev Q&A, makes reference to the possibility of having access to two talent trees.* Is that planned for the expansion?

Does Blizzard have any intention of doing "package" transfers?* Ie -- I have 3 toons on Dragonmaw that I never touch.* I would love to bring them over here, but it's not worth the $75 to do so.* But, if Blizz offered a "package" transfer where I could move a bunch of toons from one server to another, I would probably play those toons more.

Will the Deathknight Epic mount quest require running one of the abandoned lvl 60 instances? (and will they get an epic flying mount?)

Is the first expansion required to purchase WotLK? (can you buy WotLK for a fresh account)

Will the deathknights have unique dances or be stuck with existing ones for their race?

Will they reduce the leveling time from 60-70 similar to how they reduced leveling from 30-60 (doing Outland with a fifth toon has limited appeal to me)?

L

Lag

Im not sure Eldorian, but don't DK's start with an epic mount? I don't think they have an epic mount questline.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
A question that was brought up by a guildmate "Will inscription be needed for essentially most spell casters?"

IS there any consideration to improving/easing the rep grind for current reps or future rep grinds?