• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

AS a shop owner...

G

if I find a vendor selling fake ruinics or other items meant to scam my customers, why can I not Terminate a Vendors Contract immediatley? I have a new vendor just put on last night who has a very poorly made immitation valrite ruinic hammer and of course I am getting complaints from my other vendors and customers yet i can not immediatly dismiss this vendor. Why? So I sit #10 in the GMs que? Any thoughts?

G

<blockquote><hr>

if I find a vendor selling fake ruinics or other items meant to scam my customers, why can I not Terminate a Vendors Contract immediatley? I have a new vendor just put on last night who has a very poorly made immitation valrite ruinic hammer and of course I am getting complaints from my other vendors and customers yet i can not immediatly dismiss this vendor. Why? So I sit #10 in the GMs que? Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is to protect renters so that show owners can not just drop their rented vendors on a whim. This situation is why I will never let contracts be for more then one week. I do not think a GM will do much about the situation.

I

imported_NBG

I agree with the poster that there should be an option for the shop owner to put a stop to vendors that he/she suspect are selling scams/illegal items.

On the other hand the right of the vendor owner also should be respected since some people do pay a good amount of rent for he/her luna vendor.

If I was the owner of a reputable shop, I would worry about the reputation of the shop compare to some rent.

The idea here is to provide a way for the shop owner to rename the vendor as "Closed" and the vendor will stay until contract ends but could not be accessed by anyone but the vendor owner. In order to do that the shop owner will have to refund the rent for that paid period.

To be honest, I think the shop owner should be able to use the ability to shut down a vendor from player interaction without the need for refund.

G

Interesting dilemma I must say.

Maybe for now U could just put up a vendor to the right of the "shady" vendor and name it something like "Avoid Left Vendor". And maybe make the undertitle "Fake Runics On It". That way maybe the costumers wont think it´s the shop owners intention to scam someone.

Or something like that...

C

Cybrdragon

What is a "very poorly made" imitation runic hammer? I mean, isn't a dupe a dupe? What is the difference? What do I look for? Are you saying this isn't a dupe, but a dyed hammer or something? I'm just curious.

G

What is a "very poorly made" imitation runic hammer? I mean, isn't a dupe a dupe? What is the difference? What do I look for? Are you saying this isn't a dupe, but a dyed hammer or something? I'm just curious.
_________________________________________________________________-

I think hes talking about a Tinker crafted Smith Hammer made with Valorite ingots,I saw someone awhile ago that was trying to sell one for 10 mill.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Grymzor is correct, it is easily done and peeps that do not know better are easily conned. The vendor owner just runs each time they see me, I originally had placed two tame horses with the same messages but somehow a Xtal Elemental killed the horses. This billboard will be harder to remove.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hehe, that's a great idea, Teufel!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank You

G

For a lot os us, we associate the Venders in the house, with the house. There is no way for a Buyer to know what venders in the house are the home owner venders, and what ones are rented out. If i get scammed, or i see things selling for the same price, but one of them has an extra Zero in the price, maybe it was a typo, but i see it more than once, i never go back, to the entire house.

People have been using different methods to rip off people with the items on venders, since venders came to be. The item description that the game provides helped stop a lot of it, but tricky players still find a way around it sometimes.

Since this happens in RL all the time, you know it will happen in a Game. And, as bad as it is, anyone can sell any item for any ammount they want to. Putting a description on an item, to say it is something that it is not, or that it will do something that it won't, is a bit different. But when it says, "A Valorite Hammer" in the game description, and listed as a, "Runic Hammer" in the sellers description, then Buyer Beware.

It comes down to this. "Is Lying, in the description of an item being sold against the TOS? A GM could only help if it is. If not, then the owner of the house is stuck, until he can get rid of the vender.

What if a house owner is selling plain swords on his vender for 250k, and one of his renters is selling them for 25k? He is of course not going to want that vender under cutting him, and by such a large margin. So, he wants to kick that vender out. No one is buying his stuff, because the other guy is selling the same thing, for a lot less. What to do?

I say, "like it actually matters", hehe, That you must let them stay until the contract expires. I remember in the old days, home owners were more carefull about who they let place a vender, and often wanted to know what they would be selling, and for about how much?

The wose that happens, is the player with either a low ball vender, or a rip off vender, gets booted out, and has to find some other house to place his vender in, or as a last resout, place the vender in his own house, and start dropping runes all over the place.

Kicking them out, helps you, but not the game. They will just set up someplace else. Maybe in the house right next to yours. Maybe they will name their vender, "Next door is a rip off, buy here"............This proabelm will never go away. Just a sad fact of RL, and every internet game in the world.

D

Dokker

I run a shop in luna and had the same issue but the renter was doing the 1 charge full price scam. I specifically say to the renter that this will terminate the contract. However this does not stop them from doing it. So what I do is put a barkeep next to the vendor and anytime vendor buy comes up it spouts beware only has 1 charge contract has been terminated -- Management.
I know it helped as I noticed it got posted here in another thread. Parrots are a great idea as well.

G

You should be able to contact a GM and have them remove the vendor. Well, you SHOULD be able to.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same thing happen to me. I just surrounded the dubious vendor with other vendors named "....is scamming" and "Fake Hammer", etc. That lasted for a week until the contract ended.

Ahh. I should have read all the posts. I see you've already done that!

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice job on the parrot. Spread the word so people know not to rent to that guy in the future.

G

Well I guess he had enough...he was packed up and gone this morning!

M

MysticLlamaFTW

<blockquote><hr>

For a lot os us, we associate the Venders in the house, with the house. There is no way for a Buyer to know what venders in the house are the home owner venders, and what ones are rented out. If i get scammed, or i see things selling for the same price, but one of them has an extra Zero in the price, maybe it was a typo, but i see it more than once, i never go back, to the entire house.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you played on napa, you would not be shopping a lot then. A lot of vendor house owners have been hit by the 1 charge scam vendors.
Also, you stated that just like in real life, people will try and scam you. Shouldn't that include the house owners as well? Just as you have no way of knowing if vendors at the house are the owner's or rented out, we have no way of knowing what a new tenant will try to sell.

G

Oh and one more thing. A simple solution.

Allow VENDOR to be suspended.

The store owner can suspend a vendor. The player would have 30 days to rectify it. Something like that.

Or allow the vendor who is naughty to have the house owner be able to TAG via clothing color that warns players.

Lots could be done. Is it important. Well. I think just setting contract to 1 week and booting is fine.