• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Artisan Festival Just around the corner!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Lets put Origin on the map and get those trees done!

I have been filling BOD's for the past few months and I plan on filling a bunch of smalls to put on a vendor for those who do not have crafters so they can get rewards as well.

I am hoping that the other crafters on the shard will do the same.

Also I hope to use this thread for BOD exchange between crafters so that if you need a small or two too fill a large BOD, post here what you need and maybe we can get more larges filled that way.

What do you think?

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
No crafter on origin,but I wish you luck.
It takes 25000 bod points to get a full tree. So about 250 to 300 large bod, depending on the quality of the bod.

DJ_Sandman

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have crafters on Origin. I need to learn what i need to do to support this cool event. Never did it before

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hey Sandman!

This is an awesome event for crafters.

In each city there is a special location decorated with a snowy patch and a Christmas Elf. You turn in finished BOD's to the elf to grow the Christmas Tree.

It takes, as Naitch said, 250,000 BOD points....BANKED points not full points (Which is the worst part)

Edited to correct information. The FULL banked point value is counted towards the growth of the tree. This BOD will give you 70 tree points.

1606507394773.png

Even if we don't get the tree to full growth: (Image taken from uo.com)
1605642250645.png
You still have a chance to get a reward. BUT If we manage to get the tree to stage 5, everyone who turns in at least one BOD will get a reward.

You get a nifty gift box with your name on it
1605642414662.png
And one of the lanterns.pillows, statues or wall hangings of the virtues and anti-virtues
1605642537133.png

So it takes roughly, as Naitch said, 250ish Large BODS for one tree....you get 3 days to complete a tree which is why all the crafters on a shard have to really wortk together to get the trees completed.

Last edited:

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
i would like to mention the best way i have found to maximize point values with the time you spend filling bods.
Focus on trying to get Large plain cloth tailor deeds and Large weapon blacksmith deeds, then bribe them up to exceptional.
It will double your points value in some cases and you can always buy more cloth or ingots cheaply to fill the small bods.
For example, a 10 exceptional cloth deed is worth 82 points, where as a 20 exceptional one is worth 90.

So far I have 280 large ones filled to donate, should be enough to make one town's tree.
P.S. I like Larisa's post because it is filled with lots of good information, that and she used pictures.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am a visual person...I like using pictures!

I have an issue with bribing....I'm not very good at it! That and I never get the BOD's I need to bribe.

I currently have 93 large smith BOD's that are missing 1 or 2 smalls that I just can't seem to get.

That and ALL...and I mean ALL of my large Tailor BOD's have footwear....I NEVER get footwear smalls......well....0000000001% of the time.

And when I do, it's usually sandals....I most of my large bods need boots or Thigh Boots....:/

I have 6 characters across 2 accounts that collect BOD's for me....the RNG hates me!

I have a bit more luck with the Smith BOD's but not much.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a visual person...I like using pictures!

I have an issue with bribing....I'm not very good at it! That and I never get the BOD's I need to bribe.

I currently have 93 large smith BOD's that are missing 1 or 2 smalls that I just can't seem to get.

That and ALL...and I mean ALL of my large Tailor BOD's have footwear....I NEVER get footwear smalls......well....0000000001% of the time.

And when I do, it's usually sandals....I most of my large bods need boots or Thigh Boots....:/

I have 6 characters across 2 accounts that collect BOD's for me....the RNG hates me!

I have a bit more luck with the Smith BOD's but not much.
Larisa, what's the crafting skill level on your BOD collectors? If it's pretty low, you might try increasing it a little bit every day to see if that changes what you get in BODs.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Most of them are around 35 or so, mainly hoping to get footwear bods for Tailoring. Those ones seem super hard to get.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I never thought that going to different places would make a difference.

I have gotten more footwear bods this week then I have in the past year, you saved my life! lol thank you!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Our Yew Tree is almost half way to it's second stage!

1606841466593.png

Let's get 'er done! ;)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think we should focus on getting at least ONE tree completed so that EVERYONE on the shard can get a present.

Yew ended yesterday, today was the collect your reward day. Tomorrow starts a new tree.

Tomorrow SHOULD be in Vesper
1607129596352.png

Now, what I was thinking is that we can skip the Vesper tree and just focus on the one after that which will be in Trinsic. That would give us enough time to complete at least one tree.

I currently have 25 large BOD's full, it takes roughly 200ish to complete a tree. I turned in 35 larges to the YEW tree to get it almost half way to the second stage.

I know it sounds impossible, but if we all work together I think we can do it.

IF we complete at least one tree, that means ANYONE that turns a BOD in, even a small BOD, will get a gift.

What I have been doing is bribing up my large BODs to max, I know not everyone can do that, but even iron or dull copper smith BODS are worth a fair amount of points.

Smith BODS generally give more points then any other profession.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm kinda sad that no one seems to have much interest in this.

For those who are, just turn in as many BOD's to the elf as you can so you have a chance at a prize, we have today and tomorrow to turn in for Trinsic still. I got the tree to first lvl.

Maybe next year we'll do better!